Undereating And Intro

stsfut

Since going Peat I am feeling much better! For years and years I avoided all sugar. I “looked” healthy but wanted to jump off a building pretty much every day. I’m 26 y.o. already on TRT and recently NDT. I sip OJ throughout the day and that has made a big difference. I avoid pufa’s and now consume a LOT of dairy after avoiding it for the last 5 years. I still abstains from gluten besides beer one night a week on average.

I find myself not eating enough calories and protein. I fry two scrambled eggs in a good amount of butter every day. For breakfast each day I have oatmeal with milk, butter, coconut oil, cherries, cocoa powder (raw). I drink about a quart of milk throughout the day (1%) as well as about 32 ounces of OJ throughout day. Then for dinner I usually wat out going as Peat as possible, usually consuming a coke at that meal. I am not overweight, actually happy to be gaining some weight. I lost over a 100 pounds in 2016 in an unhealthy manner and eventually ended up getting anti-acid reflux surgery. Though it was a success I’m pretty sure it had to do with my thyroid/metabolism. I gave in to surgery because it was affecting my breathing (so I expect that was hypo-related). I was also dx’d with mild sleep apnea but thyroid meds and surgery seem to have resolved that, and I sleep better now (most nights).

Sorry for the unorganized flow of thoughts above. My point for posting was diet suggestions to eat more (protein specifically).

Thanks peaters!

Arnold Grape

I feel like I was in a similar situation recently and upping boiled potatoes with butter helped to increase calories. I also get in a lot of ice cream before bed and I think even white rice is a decent caloric increase. I think getting starch in lieu of under eating is relatively important, specifically if you're on sups.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I still abstains from gluten besides beer one night a week on average.
I'm not sure what beer you drink and I'm not promoting beer in general but the American beer Coors Light tests at >10 ppm gluten.
ETA: It probably has high fluoride though as recently brought up in another thread.

Last edited:

theLaw

I think the first step in assimilating to the Peat philosophy is damage-control (just feeling normal). Too many members bypass this in an attempt to expedite the process, but end up causing more problems, and confusing themselves along the way.

Starting with the general longevity guidelines for macros of 1/3 of each 33% carbs/33% fats/33% protein is a reasonable foundation. Then adjusting each based on how you feel through experimentation.

After you find a good maintenance diet, then you can begin to clean the liver, purge pufa, and fix digestion as necessary.

If you're having problems getting enough calories, then increasing the macros to 1/3 each, can be a short-term solution, instead of trying to go low-fat high-carb right out of the gate.

You also need to find something to clean out your gut on a daily basis (carrots, activated charcoal, bamboo shoots).

Cheers! :D

OP
S

stsfut

Thank you everyone for taking time and giving your helpful advice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals