All Carbs At One Meal

Dobbler

Hello guys. How bad would it be Peat wise to eat all your daily carbs at one sitting, during evening / night time? For practical reasons i find this pretty easy, but you know, hormonal and metabolic wise how bad is it? My day would look like this:

Breakfast: Alot of eggs, few extra yolks even, coconut oil, butter

Lunch: Beef, maybe white button mushrooms or some other vegetables, more coconut oil, butter , maybe some MCTs for energy.

Few raw carrots between meals

Evening meal: Fruits, OJ and honey, total of 200-350g of carbs.

So macros would be:

Fat 140-240g (I find high fat diet working for me nicely, and its mostly saturated fat, few grams of MUFA and PUFA from egg yolks, beef and butter.

Protein 80-120g

Carbs 200-350g from fruits, OJ and honey.

Total calories: 3200-4000

I have bad SIBO / gut dysbiosis so im staying away from starch and disaccharides for now. That means no table sugar (sucrose) or milk (lactose). This is the idea of SCD diet which is meant for healing digestion.

I know for you HC Peaters this sounds absurd and so on, but try to understand my points aswell. Im not HC Peater, never have been but i really respect and accept alot of his principles and try to use them. So please dont trash me completely.

Thank you everyone for reading. :)

Luann

Lol, you're so respectful / awesome in your approach, the beauty of (P)eating is that, while we agree on some components, much of the journey is trial and error. After all, it's your body, your consequences, and your success story.
See how your mood and energy hold up on one carb meal. You mentioned convenience, fruit juice is portable as a source of fructose between See how your mood and energy hold up on one carb meal. You mentioned convenience, fruit juice is portable as a source of fructose between See how you

EIRE24

I think if you feel good and it works for you, continue to do it. It looks like a very good diet to me.

Tell me, how did you figure out you have sibo and bad gut dysbiosis? What bad affects do you get from eating starch or sugar from lactose?

DaveFoster

It depends on your glycogen storage. Intermittent fasting is stressful according to Peat.

Fasting activates the cholinergic system.

OP
D

Dobbler

I think if you feel good and it works for you, continue to do it. It looks like a very good diet to me.

Tell me, how did you figure out you have sibo and bad gut dysbiosis? What bad affects do you get from eating starch or sugar from lactose?
I have bad bloating all the time, with alot of mental problems like depression and anxiety which i did not have at all one year back. I have been on SCD for 1,5 months now and mental health has improved a bit, but im still not there where i was at the end of 2015. My depression was alot worse when i ate starch so i figured its endotoxin and bacterial fermentation thats causing my mental symptoms. Im getting tested when i get some extra money sometime in future.

OP
D

Dobbler

It depends on your glycogen storage. Intermittent fasting is stressful according to Peat.

Fasting activates the cholinergic system.
Well, its not technically fasting as im eating atleast something, so it cant be as stressful as eating nothing at morning. Im eating 1400 calories first thing when i wake up. But yeah you are right.

superhuman

Try it out, but i suspect you can run into issues in regards to running on stress hormones during the day. High cortisol, adrenaline etc because of no carb to spike insulin and regulate blood sugar

DaveFoster

Well, its not technically fasting as im eating atleast something, so it cant be as stressful as eating nothing at morning. Im eating 1400 calories first thing when i wake up. But yeah you are right.
There's nothing stressful about that if glycogen storage is adequate. If you feel stress, then it's stressful. If you sip sugar, and it repulses you, then you shouldn't drink it. If you put it to your lips, and you then feel an inclination to consume it, then it's beneficial.

Gl;itch.e

Your liver can only store so much glycogen at one time. About 150g-ish depending on your bodyweight/overall health. So the rest of those carbs at one meal aren't likely to be used as well as if you had spread them across the day. If you do heavy resistance exercise then you also have the opportunity to put more carbs into muscle glycogen as well which if you timed your workouts and your carb meals properly could probably make better use of the carbs you plan on consuming.

paymanz

As said by other guys above it depend on glycogen storing ability,in liver and muscles.I believe ray mentioned in a interview that thyroid function is important for that.

Buy anyway smaller and more friquent meals are prefered,for example peat said it keeps PTH low.

jet9

Hello guys. How bad would it be Peat wise to eat all your daily carbs at one sitting, during evening / night time? For practical reasons i find this pretty easy, but you know, hormonal and metabolic wise how bad is it? My day would look like this:

Breakfast: Alot of eggs, few extra yolks even, coconut oil, butter

Lunch: Beef, maybe white button mushrooms or some other vegetables, more coconut oil, butter , maybe some MCTs for energy.

Few raw carrots between meals

Evening meal: Fruits, OJ and honey, total of 200-350g of carbs.

So macros would be:

Fat 140-240g (I find high fat diet working for me nicely, and its mostly saturated fat, few grams of MUFA and PUFA from egg yolks, beef and butter.

Protein 80-120g

Carbs 200-350g from fruits, OJ and honey.

Total calories: 3200-4000

I have bad SIBO / gut dysbiosis so im staying away from starch and disaccharides for now. That means no table sugar (sucrose) or milk (lactose). This is the idea of SCD diet which is meant for healing digestion.

I know for you HC Peaters this sounds absurd and so on, but try to understand my points aswell. Im not HC Peater, never have been but i really respect and accept alot of his principles and try to use them. So please dont trash me completely.

Thank you everyone for reading. :)
I know it’s super old post, just curious how this approach worked for you? (all carbs for dinner)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals