Looking For Lecithin-Free White Chocolate As Well As Stearic Acid Advice

paulwalkerrip

In light of the revelations of the croissant diet thread - I'd like to know if any people on the forum (@ecstatichamster maybe) have recommendedations for lecithin free white chocolate brands or tips for making your own.

I had a powerful craving for the stuff earlier today and went out and bought a Green and Black bar. Expensive, organic, and still uses cheap emulsifiers. Not ideal.

Also wondering if anyone can speak to the MUFA content of cocoa butter and what their experience with that has been like. Also general recommendedations w/r/t including more stearic acid in one's diet - I know it's worked well for some and not so great for others.

TIA!

OP
paulwalkerrip

paulwalkerrip

Took another look at the ingredients - didn't notice the whole milk powder!

Say a prayer for my arteries lol

White chocolate is simply melted cocoa butter, toss in some milk powder, sugar, and vanilla. I am not sure you need the lecithin.

Dutchie

This is an old thread,but wanted to mention there's a brand called Vivani. They don't use lechitin and such in their Chocolate bars.

I know this thread is old (even older now since last post) but anyone who’s searching for a good one in the UK I recommend the brand Cocoa Loco for all your chocolate needs. I use their white chocolate buttons to up the fat calories of my fat free greek yoghurt as it allows me to tweak the protein to fat ratio more freely depending on my current needs and it makes it taste much nicer (I don’t get the same satisfaction with milk or dark choc). The ingredients are simply cocoa butter, whole milk powder, sugar and vanilla powder. I believe all their chocolates are made that way, without any emulsifiers etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals