Scrambled Eggs & Pork Rinds

marcar72

I've been making scrambled eggs w/ cheese as a daily meal now for some time and was pondering adding some bacon to the meal to make it more robust/complete. I've read that bacon can be alright from a Peat perspective if it's cooked in a saturated fat like coconut oil. Too much work for me and bacon is pretty expensive for all the fat that it contains.

I've come up with an alternative and it's Peaty! Instead of bacon just have around an ounce or so of pork rinds! It's much more cost effective and the difference in amino acid profiles is pretty amazing!

Snacks, pork skins, plain Nutrition Facts & Calories

Pork, cured, bacon, cooked, pan-fried Nutrition Facts & Calories

Almost twice as much protein to be had from 1 ounce of pork rinds vs. bacon and it's the right kind of protein!

Just wanted to share this thought with others, bon appetit!

Ohhh, and don't forget to have with plenty of carbohydrate. OJ goes real well here, sugared coffee, etc., etc.... :)

managing

I've been making scrambled eggs w/ cheese as a daily meal now for some time and was pondering adding some bacon to the meal to make it more robust/complete. I've read that bacon can be alright from a Peat perspective if it's cooked in a saturated fat like coconut oil. Too much work for me and bacon is pretty expensive for all the fat that it contains.

I've come up with an alternative and it's Peaty! Instead of bacon just have around an ounce or so of pork rinds! It's much more cost effective and the difference in amino acid profiles is pretty amazing!

Snacks, pork skins, plain Nutrition Facts & Calories

Pork, cured, bacon, cooked, pan-fried Nutrition Facts & Calories

Almost twice as much protein to be had from 1 ounce of pork rinds vs. bacon and it's the right kind of protein!

Just wanted to share this thought with others, bon appetit!

Ohhh, and don't forget to have with plenty of carbohydrate. OJ goes real well here, sugared coffee, etc., etc.... :)
Good stuff. Are you using commercially available pork rinds? If so, what brand?

OP
marcar72

marcar72

I found Mac's chicharrones at Wal Mart at $1.78 for a 5 ounce bag. That's 90 grams of quality protein, with some fat of course. I think they're fried in their own fat as the only ingredients are: fried pork rinds, salt added.

managing

I found Mac's chicharrones at Wal Mart at $1.78 for a 5 ounce bag. That's 90 grams of quality protein, with some fat of course. I think they're fried in their own fat as the only ingredients are: fried pork rinds, salt added.
:thumbleft

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals