Ray Says Hydrocortisone Is Bad, But He Doesn't Have Any Other Solutions

I'm at rock bottom. I have been advised to take hydrocortisone by a doctor. And I'm torn. I read that Broda Barnes would treat patients with hydrocortisone when thyroid therapy wasn't working. I've read that Ray recommends using pregnenolone or progesterone or increasing vitamin A and cholesterol. I've done all those things and they all don't work one bit. I don't want to hear comments about my diet and blah blah and stress reduction blah blah I need a purpose.

schultz

Coldhandsandfeet said:
I'm at rock bottom. I have been advised to take hydrocortisone by a doctor. And I'm torn. I read that Broda Barnes would treat patients with hydrocortisone when thyroid therapy wasn't working. I've read that Ray recommends using pregnenolone or progesterone or increasing vitamin A and cholesterol. I've done all those things and they all don't work one bit. I don't want to hear comments about my diet and blah blah and stress reduction blah blah I need a purpose.

Use it for what?

OP
C
schultz said:
post 102006
Coldhandsandfeet said:

Use it for what?

Are you joking?

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetpeat

From the article Blocking Tissue Destruction

Often, a small physiological dose of natural hydrocortisone can help the patient meet the stress, without causing harmful side-effects. While treating the symptoms with cortisone for a short time, it is important to try to learn the basic cause of the problem, by checking for hypothyroidism, vitamin A deficiency, protein deficiency, a lack of sunlight, etc. (I suspect that light on the skin directly increases the skin's production of steroids, without depending on other organs. Different steroids probably involve different frequencies of light, but orange and red light seem to be important frequencies.) Using cortisone in this way, physiologically rather than pharmacologically, it is not likely to cause the serious problems mentioned above.

I would recommend reading the whole article for context.

schultz

Coldhandsandfeet said:
post 102007
schultz said:
post 102006
Coldhandsandfeet said:

Use it for what?

Are you joking?

I'm assuming for thyroid, but you didn't actually say. For all I know you could be using it for eczema.

tara

Coldhandsandfeet said:
post 102003 Ray says hydrocortisone is bad, but he doesn't have any other solutions

Coldhandsandfeet said:
post 102003 I don't want to hear comments about my diet and blah blah and stress reduction blah blah

?!

You don't want to know about the solutions Peat or the rest of us propose, and you don't want to tell us what (and how much) you are eating, but you say he has no solutions?

Have you read/listened to Peat's articles and/or interviews?

As far as I can tell, Peat proposes using a number of tactics, including nutrition, light, keeping warm, optimising CO2, and not least having a meaningful life, etc, to support good basic metabolic energy production, so we don't have to rely so heavily on stress hormones to keep us going. Stress hormones are invaluable in emergency situations. But it's good to figure out how to get out of the emergency situation, not just how to boost stress hormones to survive a little longer while staying in it. Sometimes additional tactics are useful for some people - like supplemental thyroid, progesterone, some medicines like aspirin, cyproheptadine, etc.

I think hydrocortisone is a stress hormone. As such, it can be expected to help boost your energy in the short term, but also to have a cost in terms of general metabolism and catabolism.

Maybe you have tried everything Peat has suggested over the years, but since you haven't given us much detail, it's hard for us to know. People here are trying to help you.

You get to decide what you want to do with all the information you have, from here and elsewhere.

There are no doubt worse options than a short stint of hydrocortisone, esp. if you are really desperate. Maybe it will give you enough of a boost that you can get the motivation to improve the conditions in the rest of your life, and you don't need to keep taking them. (I'm not recommending them - I still recommend addressing all the other factors first - but you do have this choice.)

OP
C
Sorry. I just don't have the energy to tell you everything I'm doing. But I've used cyproheptadine, aspirin, pregnenolone. I now try to use them sparingly. I'm also on a grain and a half of armor, which has helped a bit. I could go into detail about my diet but I'm not going to. I've showed it to Danny Roddy and he said it's perfectly fine. With all the tools I have used: pregnenolone, cyproheptadine, armour, aspirin, and estroban, theres no reason I shouldn't atleast have enough energy to fit in with the masses and work a normal 9 to 5 job. I'm not asking for much here. Maybe I just need to give the armor more time. Or maybe I should get labs. My libido is very good so that should indicate I'm on the right track. But I still feel exhausted all the time, it's amazing. Life is just passing me by. I'm not going to take hydrocortisone. I think I just need to get labs and hopefully theres a red flag there.

tara

I understand not having the energy to post everything. Of course you don't have to post anything you don't want to.

It just limits how relevant our advice can be for your context, when we don't know much about the context.
It does not seem likely (or even possible) that you have tried everything.
And not much point complaining here about Peat not having a solution that fits your situation, when we don't know what it is, either.

OP
C
CAN SOMEONE ******* HELP ME OUT WITH SOME REAL SOLUTIONS? JESUS CHRIST. ANY DOCTORS AROUND HERE? ILL PAY YOU. HOLY CRAP.

Uh Ray Peat wrote that cortisone can be helpful sometimes...

kiran

Coldhandsandfeet said:
post 102421
Such_Saturation said:

CAN I USE PREGNENOLONE INSTEAD?

You can try, but IMO its not a guarantee. Perhaps you should go ahead and try the pregnenolone and if it fails, use the cortisone? Our bodies all work slightly differently, so it can be hard to tell you what will work, especially since were non-experts.

I tried half a dose of prednisone recently, it feels like doing an ice bucket challenge for about ten hours.

OP
C
kiran said:
post 102429
Coldhandsandfeet said:
post 102421
Such_Saturation said:

CAN I USE PREGNENOLONE INSTEAD?

You can try, but IMO its not a guarantee. Perhaps you should go ahead and try the pregnenolone and if it fails, use the cortisone? Our bodies all work slightly differently, so it can be hard to tell you what will work, especially since were non-experts.

Thanks for your input. I came across this quote from RP in a consultation he did with someone.

"Thyroid. Take thyroid tissue supplement, one in morning. Take temperature
several times during the day. If doesn't go up to satisfaction (circa 98.4
Fahrenheit),
add another thyroid tissue in evening. Add 50-100 mgs pregnenelone per day for
adrenal support."

Such_Saturation said:
post 102432 I tried half a dose of prednisone recently, it feels like doing an ice bucket challenge for about ten hours.

Thanks for nothing.

Matt1951

Could be food allergy. You might be a celiac, or allergic to caffeine, or something else. Try an elimination diet.
Pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA in the right combination - what is your combination? Read Haidut posts.
What is your temperature? What is your TSH?

OP
C
Matt1951 said:
Could be food allergy. You might be a celiac, or allergic to caffeine, or something else. Try an elimination diet.
Pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA in the right combination - what is your combination? Read Haidut posts.
What is your temperature? What is your TSH?

I'm 26. I take pregnenolone and that's it. Like 200 mg of pregnenolone 90 mg of Armour spaced throughout day. Doctor wants me on hydrocortisone. I take estroban.

Kasper

To me, it looks you are sitting in front of your computer like a stressed out maniac:
stressed-out-16725752.jpg

And you want a cure to treat all your health problems overnight.
If that would exist, we would say it, but I guess you know it is not that simple.
You need patience. You need to observe, think and act. Maybe you do the wrong action. And you need to try again.

Why do you have such a hurry? Are you in financial problems or something? Need the energy to get back to work?

So maybe, before we move on, could you maybe tell us, what your health issues actually are? All I know, is that you are "rock bottom" and don't have the energy to work from 9 to 5. And your doctor wants to give you cortisol. Maybe if you tell a little bit more about your health issues, we can give more specific help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals