Raw Carrot

HUF

Yeah well I made some pretty dumb choices diet wise like keto, IF and carb night. My diet has changed alot as I tweaked and changed things up but now its just egg, 2% milk, mainly low fat cheese, carrot salad, pastured low fat red meat, shellfish, chicken liver, occasionally chicken breast or skinless thigh fruit tropical fruits or stewed pear/apple honey, white sugar, fresh oj. Chicken frame broth. I'm looking to use great lakes gelatin and pure casein and will try it shortly. Its just finding what works for you what digests well and what foods make you feel the best. I think too many supplements early on caused too much stress due to their pro metabolic nature and the fact I was recovering from under eating and low carb. Diet is best first and then add things you think might help and see the result. Some people advocate refeeding for recovery but that did make me gain about 10kg so I'd take it easier and keep doing strength and walking a few times a week for health. I've lost that 10kg now but slowly adding calories would have been better for me.

Mauritio

Thanks @HUF

I'm struggling to go full Peat because I don't seem to tolerate cow's milk very well (and I don't like goat's milk), so it's hard for me to get enough calories without starch. It's frustrating, because I really enjoy milk - but I'm just not digesting it properly (possible SIBO; certain gut inflammation). I'm hoping that my digestion will start to improve so I can replace some of the starch calories with dairy calories. Starch tends to cause problems but I need the calories. Ray said that carrot salad should help with the milk digestion. I hope he's right; he usually is.
How did your recovery go? Did the carrots help with milk tolerance?

SamYo123

How did your recovery go? Did the carrots help with milk tolerance?
Milk makes me constipated and if I do go, it comes out in pebbles even with the carrot salad

When I remove milk my ***t bulks back up and its easier to go

Mauritio

Milk makes me constipated and if I do go, it comes out in pebbles even with the carrot salad

When I remove milk my ***t bulks back up and its easier to go
Same here. Ice cream seems to be fine though . Only to milk I get a noticable endotoxin reaction .

Mauritio

tommyg130

@metabolizm
Yep I've done carrot salad pretty much daily for years it does what Ray says keeps the gut moving and cleans out endotoxin. My gut was pretty messed up when I started Ray's diet suggestions so I had to use taurine and glycine like @theLaw to lower my gut inflammation and clean my liver but now mainly just use the carrot, mushies and cascara for gut health and eating a metabolic boosting diet which boosts thyroid and helps the gut. BMs are now like 2-3 times per day most days no bloating, reflux gas or burping. Healing takes time though I advise people to stick with rays suggestions use mainly diet and things will heal in time, can take years though. All the best mate glad it's working for you.

Oh I also sometimes eat the whole carrot peeled, ungrated and mix up the grating also to fine and coarse grates. Salt, c oil and vinegar in all salads. I also once slow juiced carrots, chucked the juice and used the dry pulp from the juicer in a carrot salad which worked a treat.
How much cascara daily?

southcesar

Can anyone tell me if making carrot juice (keeping the fiber) would be less effective than chewing the carrot? I imagine that beating the carrot in the blender should greatly increase the contact surface with the intestine.

Birdie

@southcesar

From Ray Peat:

Carrot​

Just chewing a carrot is best, any saturated fat around the same time is o.k. What doesn't work very well is to grind the carrot very fine.

If you want to avoid the carotene of carrots, they can be rinsed after shredding; washed and cooked bran or psyllium husk can be effective, too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals