Raw Carrot Salad and Stools

Sertorius

Hello all,

I have been introducing raw carrot salad into my diet with mixed results, maybe I have overdone it. I have had for the last couple of days "loose stools", not diarrhea but the edges of the feces were not defined and I had some urgency in going to the toilet.

I have eaten 300 grams of raw carrots (basically 3 large carrots) in one meal. Do you think is it too much and can it cause this "laxative" effect?

Thanks a lot

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hello all,

I have been introducing raw carrot salad into my diet with mixed results, maybe I have overdone it. I have had for the last couple of days "loose stools", not diarrhea but the edges of the feces were not defined and I had some urgency in going to the toilet.

I have eaten 300 grams of raw carrots (basically 3 large carrots) in one meal. Do you think is it too much and can it cause this "laxative" effect?

Thanks a lot
From earlier days on this forum (2013-2014) I recall 1 medium carrot as a common recommendation. Eating it in the afternoon between meals was another idea mentioned from a Peat inspired coach that thought it would have the best antimicrobial action when separated from other foods.

OP
Sertorius

Sertorius

I am eating it with steak but I do not think it is fat malabsorption

My question is : can too many carrots cause loose stools?

L

Lord Cola

I've come to realize that carrots irritate my gut no matter how I eat them. I've tried eating large pieces, small pieces, anything in between, and they always irritate my gut, causing rumbling, diarrhea, and constipation. Carrot fiber is too harsh for my gut to deal with. My guess is that it scrapes the walls of the small intestine too roughly. I find it less irritating when I eat it with a small amount of coconut oil. Eating too much fat with it worsens the irritation. Very finely ground boiled white button mushrooms don't cause such problems, but even mushrooms can cause the same problems when the pieces are too large.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals