Carrots and mushrooms reaction - need advice

xeliex

Forum Supporter
It's been happening consistently.

After eating well cooked mushrooms or raw carrots for several days in a row, I develop terrible twitching.
The twitching lasts for several days to weeks after stopping the carrots / mushrooms.

Progesterone seems to help a little and maybe charcoal and cyproheptadine - but unsure.

Someone had mentioned this could be a form of herx reaction or endotoxin release.

I have seen and tried some of Chris Materjohn's twitching solutions in his video - but not entirely.

View: https://youtu.be/oMVG2HIzm9M

The twitching feels deep and wakes me up from sleep.

Any advice would be appreciated.

42 yo male on Tyromax and Peating for 5 years.

conrad0602

It's been happening consistently.

After eating well cooked mushrooms or raw carrots for several days in a row, I develop terrible twitching.
The twitching lasts for several days to weeks after stopping the carrots / mushrooms.

Progesterone seems to help a little and maybe charcoal and cyproheptadine - but unsure.

Someone had mentioned this could be a form of herx reaction or endotoxin release.

I have seen and tried some of Chris Materjohn's twitching solutions in his video - but not entirely.

View: https://youtu.be/oMVG2HIzm9M

The twitching feels deep and wakes me up from sleep.

Any advice would be appreciated.

42 yo male on Tyromax and Peating for 5 years.

This is just a theory but whenever I cause a substantial amount of die off in the gut I get this exact reaction at night during sleep. It's a really uncomfortable sensation. Managed to narrow it down to this, so It could relate to the carrot/mushrooms. If i refrain from having anything that would cause die off it doesn't happen. If you reintroduce slowly, just tiny amounts, it may help ease symptoms if it is the cause.

Mauritio

Did you try calcium or magnesium?

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
This is just a theory but whenever I cause a substantial amount of die off in the gut I get this exact reaction at night during sleep. It's a really uncomfortable sensation. Managed to narrow it down to this, so It could relate to the carrot/mushrooms. If i refrain from having anything that would cause die off it doesn't happen. If you reintroduce slowly, just tiny amounts, it may help ease symptoms if it is the cause.
Thank you, yes, it certainly seems like it

Mauritio

Yes, I have for a long period of time with no change.
Hmm high salt maybe ?

For me twitching was always related to some sort of stress .

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hmm high salt maybe ?

Very high salt intake - played with lowering it a bit. Potassium intake also decent. It doesn't seem to be mineral related.
It seems to be centered around eating those two foods and sometimes with eating too much fruit; but mostly with carrots and shrooms after few days. So odd and annoying. I can't wait to go home and get some progesterone and a nap.

Mauritio

Very high salt intake - played with lowering it a bit. Potassium intake also decent. It doesn't seem to be mineral related.
It seems to be centered around eating those two foods and sometimes with eating too much fruit; but mostly with carrots and shrooms after few days. So odd and annoying. I can't wait to go home and get some progesterone and a nap.
Hmm can't help you then. I'm sorry.

JamesGatz

I am not sure what could be the issue either but I personally don't react well to mushrooms - even if I boil them for a while the chemical that people mention that they have that starts with an H I never remember the name escapes into the air when I boil them and really stresses me out

I still eat a little carrot once a day but am not terribly fond of eating more than that

Have you tried pineapple + gelatin + coffee ? for me that does just as much good for digestive clean-up as the other 2 and I don't get any negative side effects unless I eat pineapple alone - I do think pineapple alone is a bit harsh on the gut because I get stomach aches when eating alone - when I combine it with gelatin and coffee it's just a trifecta and everything runs smoothly

If you live in NYC (I am assuming because of the avi) - there's a brand of pineapple they sell in fruit stores called HoneyGlow - that's the best pineapple I've ever tried for this and it's definitely worth it - it's way better and a lot more ripe than what they sell in Whole Food's or Trader Joe's - the ones they sell in these types of stores are all green and taste horrendously bad - I would maybe try experimenting with this and see if the symptoms go away but as for what's causing it I have no idea

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I am not sure what could be the issue either but I personally don't react well to mushrooms - even if I boil them for a while the chemical that people mention that they have that starts with an H I never remember the name escapes into the air when I boil them and really stresses me out

I still eat a little carrot once a day but am not terribly fond of eating more than that

Have you tried pineapple + gelatin + coffee ? for me that does just as much good for digestive clean-up as the other 2 and I don't get any negative side effects unless I eat pineapple alone - I do think pineapple alone is a bit harsh on the gut because I get stomach aches when eating alone - when I combine it with gelatin and coffee it's just a trifecta and everything runs smoothly

If you live in NYC (I am assuming because of the avi) - there's a brand of pineapple they sell in fruit stores called HoneyGlow - that's the best pineapple I've ever tried for this and it's definitely worth it - it's way better and a lot more ripe than what they sell in Whole Food's or Trader Joe's - the ones they sell in these types of stores are all green and taste horrendously bad - I would maybe try experimenting with this and see if the symptoms go away but as for what's causing it I have no idea
Thank you for sharing your thoughts Mr. Gatz.

I am in Philly / similar vibes underground, heh.
I do eat pineapple almost every day with daily coffee / gelatin as well.
I have been getting organic frozen ones with other fruits mixed in - delicious.

The stool quality is epic when I eat mushrooms! Carrots don't have the same effect. Both though seem to induce the dreaded twitching.

Zoltanman

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Mr. Gatz.

I am in Philly / similar vibes underground, heh.
I do eat pineapple almost every day with daily coffee / gelatin as well.
I have been getting organic frozen ones with other fruits mixed in - delicious.

The stool quality is epic when I eat mushrooms! Carrots don't have the same effect. Both though seem to induce the dreaded twitching.
I've just made a few bile - detox connections recently (with calcium but the theory there might help here too)

Perhaps the fibre is binding bile, as it should for helping detox rubbish complexed into bile... but your ability to make more bile is lagging behind the fibre/removal speed? The idea being, bring your bile flow up to match what the fibre is helping you remove with each BM, see if any symptoms change.

Have you ever used bile builders like Taurine, TUDCA or herbal bitters? I personally love andrographis but some find it too much.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I've just made a few bile - detox connections recently (with calcium but the theory there might help here too)

Perhaps the fibre is binding bile, as it should for helping detox rubbish complexed into bile... but your ability to make more bile is lagging behind the fibre/removal speed? The idea being, bring your bile flow up to match what the fibre is helping you remove with each BM, see if any symptoms change.

Have you ever used bile builders like Taurine, TUDCA or herbal bitters? I personally love andrographis but some find it too much.
Interesting thoughts despite me not seeing a direct connection with neuromuscular symptoms, there might be an indirect one. Thanks for your thoughts.

I happen to consume taurine once a day around 5g and bitters occasionally. Lately I have been craving my coffee black (I usually like it with lots of sugar).

I'm thinking it is an endotoxin issue and perhaps related to bile per your theory somehow...

Zoltanman

Interesting thoughts despite me not seeing a direct connection with neuromuscular symptoms, there might be an indirect one. Thanks for your thoughts.

I happen to consume taurine once a day around 5g and bitters occasionally. Lately I have been craving my coffee black (I usually like it with lots of sugar).

I'm thinking it is an endotoxin issue and perhaps related to bile per your theory somehow...
It's that the twitching (for me) is something I have gotten from low bile in the past. It was because of low bile relative to calcium, the low bile caused slow digestion and the twitching started. I think it was either irritation or nervous system tension from the slow digestion caused by low bile... not as noticeable in the day, but when you want to switch off, it's there.

Lots of people like to talk about how bile is so valuable is that we recycle 90+% of it, but I reckon we actually need to have more/burn more so we can push out more waste with it. Recycling bile just seems a waste merry-go-round to me now.

I've also found that too much fibre (of any sort) will aggravate any high serotonin symptoms I have that day. Twitchy sleep and being hung over the next day was a regular weekly feature till I made that connection. I've gotten lots of help from Haudit's lisuride, metergoline and cypro.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
It's that the twitching (for me) is something I have gotten from low bile in the past. It was because of low bile relative to calcium, the low bile caused slow digestion and the twitching started. I think it was either irritation or nervous system tension from the slow digestion caused by low bile... not as noticeable in the day, but when you want to switch off, it's there.

Lots of people like to talk about how bile is so valuable is that we recycle 90+% of it, but I reckon we actually need to have more/burn more so we can push out more waste with it. Recycling bile just seems a waste merry-go-round to me now.

I've also found that too much fibre (of any sort) will aggravate any high serotonin symptoms I have that day. Twitchy sleep and being hung over the next day was a regular weekly feature till I made that connection. I've gotten lots of help from Haudit's lisuride, metergoline and cypro.
Fascinating. Thank you for sharing.

O

oldfriend

Hmm high salt maybe ?

Mushroom and raw carrot irritate my intestines ----> stress. I think this is simple and just as likely an explanation as herx reactions or any others put forth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom