Why Carrot Salad Between Meals?

EndAllDisease

Quick question about carrot salad.
I've heard Ray say that it's best to eat it BETWEEN meals, as opposed to with it I'm assuming.

Why is this?
And will consuming the carrot salad (raw carrot, coconut oil, vinegar) still have a positive effect if eaten with a meal?

Ray's also mentioned eating it with a meal. Can't find it right now but I'm sure of that. Just a casual mention. I think there is a perceived mechanical and chemical mechanism with the carrot salad as it winds its way through your narrow intestines, and having food mixing it up too soon may lower that effect. I had really bad indigestion when I took the carrot salad and ate psyllium fiber, that's for sure.

EndAllDisease

So basically it could potentially slow digestion and also, the mixing of the salad ingredients with other food would dilute the potency of the antibacterial effect.
Makes a lot of sense, thank you.

zooma

Actually, I thought Ray's reasoning was the carrot would inhibit absorption of some of the nutrients in your meal. I'm not sure of the mechanism though.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Raw Carrot Salad and Stools Diet 5
Rachel Is carrot salad the answer to the French "paradox"? Health 9
S Pumpkin Puree As An Alternative To The Carrot Salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 1
GreekDemiGod Instant Wellbeing Effect From Carrot Salad Digestion 23
Tyler2834 Carrot Salad Before Or After Enemas? Digestion 1
Brundle Is Peat-Friendly Mayonnaise A Safe Accompaniment To The Carrot Salad? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
Txchainsaw Carrot Salad With Homemade Ginger Syrup! Recipes 0
M Don't Forget The Carrot Salad Testimonials 9
Twohandsondeck A Carrot Salad Recipe + Write-up For The Uninitiated Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
Twohandsondeck Fastest Way To Prepare Carrot Salad (?) Diet 13
L Ray's Carrot Salad - Coconut Oil Vs EVOO Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
methylenewhite Solving Carrot Salad's Beta-carotene Issue Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 10
L Can Well Cooked Mushrooms Be Used Every Day Instead Of Raw Carrot Salad? Digestion, Gut Flora 2
L What Kind Of Vinegar Should Be Used For The Carrot Salad? Recipes 6
M Carrot Salad Causing Headache? Ask For Help or Advice 7
yerrag Carrot Salad With Shredded Coconut Meat Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 13
ShirtTieFitness Anti-Microbial, Anti-Fungal Carrot Salad 2.0 Digestion 45
O Carotene Bioavailability And RP Style Carrot Salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
D Incoroporating Glycine Into Carrot Salad? Digestion 0
P.G.Marjorie Carrot Salad Lowering Estrogens Even If Constipated? Digestion 3
Xisca My Carrot Salad Is Yellow And "spicy" Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
< Rain Orange Juice Carrot Salad - It Screams Recipes 17
javin Does Carrot Salad Warm Anybody Else Up Almost Immediately? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 4
K Die off hives from carrot salad!!!? Help Diet 12
P Supplementation and Carrot Salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 10
charlie Danny Roddy - "Ray Peat Inspired Nutrition - Carrot Salad" Danny Roddy 5
J Freezing after carrot salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 5
Makrosky What does the carrot salad kill exactly? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 26
uuy8778yyi does mixing cheese into the carrot salad, still effective ? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 7
Y why do we use coconut oil in carrot salad? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 1
N So, Is This Carrot Salad A Legit Thing? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 19
Y adding 1 tablespoon coconut oil to carrot salad okay? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 7
J The Carrot Salad Might Help You With Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 32
paper_clips43 Upgraded Carrot Salad Recipes 2
N Carrot salad supposed to be intermittent? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
D Preparing Carrot Salad In Advance? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 19
M Carrot salad - eat by itself? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 9
Bluebell Is there any benefit to the vinegar in the carrot salad? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 8
N Josh Rubin Says Not To Eat The Carrot Salad After 3pm Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 23
K Carrot salad - can't eat coconut oil Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 12
J Carrot Salad anyone? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 11
Z Carrot Salad Timing Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 7
charlie Ray Peat Carrot Salad Recipes 100
G Sugar and Yest Infection (Estrogen, Thyroid, Carrot Salad) Kmud Interview: Sept.17,2010 - Sugar I [Clipped.In 0
metabolizm Raw Carrot Diet 20
orewashin How Many Ounces Of Carrot? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 10
T Carrot Juice Vs. Raw Carrots Diet 4
A Looks Like The Daily Carrot Is Going Mainstream Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
Geronimo Carrot Powder Replacement For Raw Carrot Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
metabolizm Remarkable Laxative Effect Of Raw Carrot Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 2