Progest-E Tastes Different

Jennifer

Well, I really hope that Kenogen is an honest company, but with so many people currently noticing issues with the progest-e, something is up.

I'm still waking up with nightmares/anxiety ridden thoughts and now I'm no longer having periods (sorry guys for TMI). Progest-e was the only thing helping me have bleeding. And the pain in my spine is intense like it was before progest-e. The one thing that throws me off is my libido still being high where without progest-e, my progesterone levels drop to pretty much nothing and my libido drops with it.

Other than Cricket's death, the only thing that's different is I've started taking a K2 supplement and this is around the same time the nightmares started. This might be a long shot, but I wonder if anyone has noticed nightmares/sleep disturbances with K2 supplementation? This is one reason I REALLY dislike supplements. I have a hard time pinpointing what could be causing an issue.

Oh well! I think I'll go through those progesterone supplier links I posted and start making my own like you, vision, since I have leftover bottles of Unique E capsules I bought for Cricket that I need to use up.

HDD

I need to order progesterone. Is the consensus that purchasing the raw materials and mixing it myself the best option? It seems to be more economical. Has anyone done this yet? Anyone foresee any problems?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Haagendazendiane said:
I need to order progesterone. Is the consensus that purchasing the raw materials and mixing it myself the best option? It seems to be more economical. Has anyone done this yet? Anyone foresee any problems?
Seems optimal to me. Maybe haidut can point us to a good source for the progesterone and the E.

Jennifer

Charlie said:
Haagendazendiane said:
Seems optimal to me. Maybe haidut can point us to a good source for the progesterone and the E.

Yes, it would be nice to know of a good source. I posted some links to some progesterone suppliers on page 4. I haven't gone through them yet. Here are the links again:

http://www.labexpress.com/progesterone- ... 37188.html

http://www.labdepotinc.com/p-21758-prog ... .php?c=513

http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/10423/SLP3088

http://store.galladechem.com/progestero ... 48314.aspx

As a side note, I'm pretty sure my issues were stemming from an inflamed gut and not anything to do with progest-e. I started following some diet recommendations that visionofstrength had posted on the Getting Rip thread for me and my gut has been SO much better and no more nightmares. That and *TMI WARNING* I got my period so it seems that the batch I currently have is the same as it has been in the past year I've been using it.

I thought I'd mention this because you were or had already run out of the progest-e, Diane? I'm still going to make it myself when I can get some time to really go over those suppliers, but in the meantime, I ordered a few more bottles of progest-e to get me through.

HDD

Yes, I am out of Progest-e. I am ok without it but would prefer to supplement some. I mainly wanted it for my daughter, son, and a young mother who is having a lot of anxiety. She was put on a "progesterone" bcp that doesn't seem to be helping. Imagine that. I may go ahead and purchase Progest-e since you are not seeing any difference now.

Thank you for the links, Jennifer. I looked at them and roughly did some calculations a few days ago. As Charlie mentioned, I hope that haidut has some recommendations since I am not real confident in this endeavor.

arinryan

Peata said:
This is from Long Natural Health:

Dr. Peat's Progest E Complex contains the following:

Supplement Facts: Serving Size 3 drops, Servings per Container about 300
Natural d-alpha tocopherol &/or mixed tocopherols (vitamin E) 4-22 mg per drop; 12-66 mg per serving
Natural progesterone derived from wild yam 3 mg per drop; 9 mg per serving
Other Ingredients: Vegetable triglycerides (plant-based, sourced from either olive or coconut)

**The vitamin E in the Progest-E Complex is derived from soy, yet many people with soy allergies have no problem with Progest-E because for most people the allergic reaction is a response to soy proteins. There are no proteins in the oily fractions of the plant (such as vitamin E), which is a highly purified distillate. If you have a soy allergy, it is best to first test on a small area of the skin (ex: ankle).

**The Vitamin E is derived from NON-GMO soy.

**The progesterone in Dr. Peat`s Progest-E Complex is USP.

I just opened a bottle I had stored in the fridge, and there is no doubt in my mind that that the formula is very different. Not just the weird mouthwashy taste: the progesterone does not work as quickly. When I put it on my gums, which I have done at night for several years with the old formula, it doesn't kick in with sleepiness and calmness after 5-10 minutes. It has a much longer delay, like what you would expect from swallowing a pill.
Last night, as I was waiting for it to work, it occurred to me that it is quite liquid in my very cold fridge, which makes me wonder about the supposed "olive or coconut sourced" vegetable oil. Saturated oils solidify in the cold, and even olive oil solidifies some.
The oils that stay liquid in the fridge are the unsaturated kinds... :(
I really don't see how this new progest-e could have any coconut oil or even olive oil added to it, as liquid as it is in the fridge.

I wonder if Kenogen has replaced the vitamin e with soybean oil and is laughing at us all

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow. :(

Jennifer

I noticed the same thing, arinryan. I just got a new order of progest-e a week ago and it's definitely runnier and I think, more bitter.

Now that I have the activated charcoal under control, I think it's time I get that progesterone USP order placed.

sunmountain

Jennifer, can you tell me how you got the AC to work for you? Today my stomach again bloated more than yesterday. Did I read somewhere you are only on a milk and sugar diet?

When I tried a fruit only earlier, and also a juice only, I kept getting diarrhea at the time. Back then I also couldn't handle milk, though now I can do 2 cups. I wonder if I should try a fruit and milk diet now that I have AC to help with the diarrhea.

thanks

Jennifer

sunmountain said:
Jennifer, can you tell me how you got the AC to work for you? Today my stomach again bloated more than yesterday. Did I read somewhere you are only on a milk and sugar diet?

When I tried a fruit only earlier, and also a juice only, I kept getting diarrhea at the time. Back then I also couldn't handle milk, though now I can do 2 cups. I wonder if I should try a fruit and milk diet now that I have AC to help with the diarrhea.

thanks

Sunmountain, Yeah, for the time being, I'm only consuming milk, cottage cheese (homemade), coconut oil, white sugar and Rapunzel sugar. I had to cut out fruit, juices and fiber because they would cause me profuse diarrhea and major stomach bloat. Starch left me with horrible brain fog. I thought my issues these past 6 years were from dairy so I was constantly taking it out of my diet then adding it back in due to following my massive cravings for it. It wasn't till I cut out the other foods, especially the eggs in my case, that I realized milk was never the issue.

I've been taking a tablespoon of AC in water right before bed. I upped my coconut oil intake to 4 tablespoons due to AC's constipating effects on my digestion. I've also been taking the Glutagenics 3 times a day to heal up my gut lining while the AC removes the endotoxins. So far so good!

Have you gone "bare bones" with your diet, sunmountain? If not, I'd highly recommend it even if just for a few days because your much more likely to discover the worst food offenders this way. Foods that didn't seem to be likely suspects before will start to reveal their true colors, so to speak. Seeing that you're still getting bloat, I'd say there's a good chance your gut isn't healed up yet and at that point, if you're still consuming things that are destroying it, AC will only be cleaning up the wreckage, not rebuilding. At that point, you're just keeping yourself in that horrible digestive h*ll cycle. And keep in mind that a bare bones diet is only temporary till the rebuilding is complete. I plan on eating my beloved fruit again, just not massive amounts of it like before. :roll:

Will you keep us updated over at the digestive thread? I'd like to hear how you're coming along. :)

OP
T

tara

In the time I've been using progest-e, it has never been solid nteh fridge. I think the consistency is the same as before - at least teh funny tasting bottles I've received. I can still tell that it is having a positive effect. I am using more than I was, but that predates the change in taste. So in teh meantime I'm still using it as usual, and just ordered some more.

BingDing

Thanks for pulling the trigger, HD. I'm gonna do the same.

I can't imagine any reason not to be successful, it's just a matter of getting the proportions right. A .9 fl oz/28 mL bottle of progest-e is 10% progesterone and has about 2800 mg of progesterone in it. A minimum order of 5g is 5000 mg. So splitting that into two 1 oz bottles and filling them 4/5ths full with E would be close to the same. My math is 2500 mg/2800 mg X .9 oz = .8 oz= 4/5ths of an oz.

Someone should double check my logic, for sure.

Maybe Haidut can suggest a good vitamin E to use.

sunmountain

I keep thinking I read somewhere -- not sure if it was RP -- saying to mix it in warm vitamin E.

Would warming kill the vit E?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It probably has to be warm for the progesterone powder to dissolve. If I decide to make my own I think I will dissolve the progesterone powder in warmed coconut oil and add vitamin E toward the end. My Progest-e seems fine and my last order came from Long Natural Health because it didn't have time to wait on Electric Body. I ordered it over 2 months ago though.

BingDing

sunmountain said:
Would warming kill the vit E?

I thought that was a fascinating question, sunmountain. V E isn't alive so it can't be killed, but we understand the idea. It isn't a protein so it can't be denatured, like what pasteurizing milk does to most enzymes and cofactors. It isn't unsaturated so it can't be oxidized (that can be wrong on two levels, but I think it's right). What else is there?

My progest-e sat in the fridge for months before I first used it a few weeks ago, so I don't have any opinion about if it changed or not. But I want to have a good source on hand if and when I need it. For wounds and burns, if nothing else.

SQu

I've done what you suggest Blossom, but can't tell you much more than that because my process is not one I can recommend just yet. I have to filter the silicon dioxide out of mine as it's in the capsules I buy, and I am not yet set up with big enough filters and so on, so the process was ... messy ... but only because of the filtering. In terms of usable progesterone I also can't say for sure other than it seemed to work fine and I'll be doing it again. Works out cheaper than the cream that is my only other local option.

Peata

I've had my current bottle of Progest E open since June or July and not stored in the fridge at all. I haven't stored my last couple bottles in the fridge but I was using them up within a few weeks. This one I take as needed and as it sits out, it gets more and more bitter. When I use it, I just try to let it sit around my gums and combine with saliva as much as I can before I swallow - seems to make it easier on my throat. Despite that, it still seems to work OK as far as I can tell. But I'm just taking it as needed lately, like if I feel a pimple come on or I can't sleep. I'm going to order more soon.

OP
T

tara

Peata said:
This one I take as needed and as it sits out, it gets more and more bitter. ... Despite that, it still seems to work OK as far as I can tell. But I'm just taking it as needed lately, like if I feel a pimple come on or I can't sleep.
Maybe that's the answer to the different taste some of us experienced - perhaps some of the bottles got left out in warm conditions longer than usual sometime before it got to us. I think Peat has said that the vit-E is the most sensitive part of the formula. So maybe the vit-E got altered after manufacture. If that's the case, it's a shame if the vit-E is damaged, but hopefully the progesterone itself is all still intact.

HDD

BingDing said:
Thanks for pulling the trigger, HD. I'm gonna do the same.

I can't imagine any reason not to be successful, it's just a matter of getting the proportions right. A .9 fl oz/28 mL bottle of progest-e is 10% progesterone and has about 2800 mg of progesterone in it. A minimum order of 5g is 5000 mg. So splitting that into two 1 oz bottles and filling them 4/5ths full with E would be close to the same. My math is 2500 mg/2800 mg X .9 oz = .8 oz= 4/5ths of an oz.

Someone should double check my logic, for sure.

Maybe Haidut can suggest a good vitamin E to use.

I am still mulling this over. As I was looking at the progesterone sites, I noticed the one I linked to above said "topical" and others did not. I am still researching to try and figure out if what I intend to purchase is the proper ingredient. I also stumbled upon one that was "wettable". And the spec sheet from another site showed progesterone to be light sensitive (not the exact words). I was going to use a 4 oz. jar but not now.

I am hoping to buy the 25g because it will be very cost effective. I thought I would make two 4 oz. batches from this. 25 g is approximately .88 oz. which would be 10% of 8.8 oz. I know I am interchanging weights and measurements but unless it needs to be exact it should be ok?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals