Change In Progest-e?

A. squamosa

Hey everyone - has Progest-E changed its formulation? It does not look as orange as it used to and the taste seems to disgust me less - there was a change from white labels to orange labels, the white labelled ones I have seem to have the darker orange formula with a stronger taste, and the orange labelled ones seem to have the lighter orange formula and lighter taste.

Has anyone else noticed this, or know anything about it?

Cheers!

Jman

Ive noticed the change, it would most likely be to a change in the vitamin e they are using. The old darker stuff seemed to have a bland taste to me, The new lighter stuff is more gross tasting imo, like a really nutty kind of taste that lingers in your mouth. I also think the new stuff irritates my gut more. It seems like they are using a less refined vitamin e.

Oh and the change didnt exactly coincide with the new label, I got a few bottles with the old white packaging but the new lighter vitamin e.

Lolinaa

Hi; I am using it too; but its my first bottle so I cant say if it has changed or not.
Maybe you can email Peat and ask him. Please let us know if you do.

Tenacity

I think the colour can change within the same batch - I used it last night and thought the colour was lighter than it was the previous night. Not sure though. It tasted the same.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My latest bottle of Simply Progesterone from HealthNatura is lighter in color too.

Vinero

This new progest-E with the orange label feels different. I don't feel that euphoric anti-shock effect that the older Progest-E used to give me. I seriously doubt it even contains progesterone at all, as I get no sensation from it after using almost half a bottle in 3 days.

L

lollipop

This new progest-E with the orange label feels different. I don't feel that euphoric anti-shock effect that the older Progest-E used to give me. I seriously doubt it even contains progesterone at all, as I get no sensation from it after using almost half a bottle in 3 days.
Urrrgh...:-/ doesn’t sound promising. I will need to purchase again in about month. Feeling concerned.

Tenacity

I'm pretty sure it does still contain progesterone. Neither vitamin E in sunflower oil or coconut oil taken orally give me that tingly feeling in the back of my throat after taking it, but progest-e does. And unless it's placebo it does a pretty good job of controlling my palpitations too.

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

definitely has progesterone in it - I'm sure they wouldn't change from natural to synthetic without informing people, I think it is likely the vit-e as Jman suggested.

Kartoffel

They can't change the formula without Ray's permission.

"Yes, the only changes over the years have been the result of changed refining methods in the raw materials—I think the purest vitamin E used to contain a variety of waxes." (Ray - May 26, 2017)​

L

lollipop

They can't change the formula without Ray's permission.

"Yes, the only changes over the years have been the result of changed refining methods in the raw materials—I think the purest vitamin E used to contain a variety of waxes." (Ray - May 26, 2017)​
This is relieving. The vitamin E change makes sense. Amazing though how different we all respond to different e’s. Fascinating really.

dolly122

I don't feel anything from this new progest-e either. I am so disappointed, I bought 3! I could tell the old one was working immediately, this new one, no effect whatsoever.

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

Ray Peat said this about Progest-E, "Vitamin E, being a natural product, has seasonal changes in color and taste. The formulation of Progest-E hasn’t changed."

tara

Thanks @Jman ! Does anyone know if Peat has spoken about the reason behind the change?
AIUI, Peat has not been involved in Kenogen, the company that formulates and sells progest-E, for a long time.

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

I didn't know that @tara ! I feel bad for pestering him now, I wonder if he actually knows, in that case? Also I googled Kenogen but nothing comes up, don't know how to get in contact with them.

tara

papaya

Hey everyone - has Progest-E changed its formulation? It does not look as orange as it used to and the taste seems to disgust me less - there was a change from white labels to orange labels, the white labelled ones I have seem to have the darker orange formula with a stronger taste, and the orange labelled ones seem to have the lighter orange formula and lighter taste.

Has anyone else noticed this, or know anything about it?

Cheers!
do you have any updates? i've been wanting to try it, but i don't want to try it until i know it's a superior batch & can properly judge if it works for me.