• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Progest-E: Timing With Beverages/Food

HollyLooyah

I just received my Progest-E today and have already dosed myself. Does anyone know how long I should wait to eat or drink after oral application? I've scoured around the instructions and in Dr. Peat's articles but I didn't see this addressed. Maybe I missed it. How long do any of you wait?

Kelly

I try to time it right after I finish eating a meal. I also make sure my thirst is quenched, and try not to eat or drink for at least an hour afterwards. I rub some all over my gums and some on my lips. Some gets swallowed but I want the majority of it to remain topical for as long as possible, even though Dr. Peat says it gets absorbed through the stomach and intestines fine.

I also read somewhere that progesterone drops after a meal, don't know if that's true but that also contributes to my timing.

HollyLooyah

Thanks Kelly! I've been trying to wait as long as possible before I drink anything. So far I really like this formulation much better than the transdermal cream I've been using for the last year.