Progest-E For The Heart

Jean

I want to use Progest-E everyday! Not just two weeks out of the month because I discovered to my great surprise it helps my breathing ( I have CHF). And when I stop using it my breathing gradually gets more difficult i can make it about 4 days without it before the pains and shortness start. If I tell my doctor she will be mad at me because she has already shared her opinion and she does not support hormone replacement with anything period, end of story, So talking to the doc is no use. Is it really a problem to have more than one period cycle per month, am i making another problem for myself? Has anyone heard anything about regular daily use, or read anything?

tara

:welcome Jean

I'm glad you are finding the progesterone helpful.

Unless you are trying to conceive, Peat has said it can sometimes be worth it to take a regular dose of progesterone every day, not just for 2 weeks of months, if you need it to keep symptoms at bay. Some of us do. I've been taking it pretty much every day for more than a year (and I've continued to menstruate - I'm 50ish yrs old).

Have you read this article of Peat's?: http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ed ... enia.shtml

OP
J

Jean

Yeah, someone else with experience, I am going to do it. These incessant PVCs are making me crazy, they wear me out and i feel like I can't move for fear they wont stop and nothing makes them go away BUT progest-E and it takes two days to make any difference as it is. I don't even care if I end up having a period everyday, I am not going to interrupt the progesterone again. I'll keep you posted.

tara

I don't know anything about CHD - I'm assuming that's congestive heart disease. Did your dr give you a reason for opposing hormones, or just a general negative? iven that it's a serious condition, I wonder if it would be good to see if you can find a dr who knows enough to advise about whether progesterone specifically is likely to help this condition or not?

OP
J

Jean

Tara,

I know about congestive heart failure, because I have been living with it for 6 years. periodically the situation changes (like peri-menopause) and that throws a wrench into things and i have to start over, usually after trying one of the Doc's meds. The last med i was on for 20 months before it shut down my kidneys and liver and stopped working and then i discovered I didn't really need it because the problem was hormone related and now I still have the hormone imbalance and the situation caused by lasix added on top.
However I did not think I would be getting back to you so soon, but went and took the Progest-E only this time I used it in four places and not just one and i took one drop orally. You wont believe this but after 6 days of not being able to get a breath i am breathing perfectly and it has only been six hours. i love being able to fill my lungs and walk around without gasping and having to stop every few steps, I am so relieved my heart isn't in aching pain even my stomach cramp has subsided. When the heart wants a hormone only a hormone will do - not an herb or a drug or a relaxation technique or a pure food, they will help take an edge off and get my through but they don't solve the problem. that is my biggest beef with the docs they don't care about causes they just proscribe whatever the coolest most generous drug rep has recommended for them to use, and I have to pay them $375 for twenty minutes of nothing. I am no better off after I have been, i am poorer. the NDs in my town are little better for $475 I get two hours of their time but they don't seem to know anymore then me so once again it is drilled home to me that i must find my own solutions. So I am off again on a quest to get a little more strength out of this deceitful and desperately wicked heart of mine.

tara

Glad the progesterone is helping - long may it do so.

Have you assessed your general metabolism/thyroid function? I think this can make adifference to muscles ability to relax and release excess water. Could be paart of why progesterone helps, too.
I you've had thyroid blood tests, looking at the actual numbers can tell more than just the drs assessment (as you say, drs don't know it all). Also, measuring resting body temps a few times can give more info.

I believe you that sometimes food etc are not enough, and hormone supplements can really help.
But there may still be some benefit to be gained from looking at nutrition.

OP
J

Jean

No I have not had any recent blood work, in the last round my TSH was 2.0 so that was near perfect but oddly enough my morning temp is always in the high 96s to low 97s so that is confusing but since TSH is not over 5.5 my doc wont even let my try a thyroid med. I have at different times taken kelp and an iodine supplement along with a little selenium, but the low temp is a mystery.

tara

Jean said:
post 103646 No I have not had any recent blood work, in the last round my TSH was 2.0 so that was near perfect but oddly enough my morning temp is always in the high 96s to low 97s so that is confusing but since TSH is not over 5.5 my doc wont even let my try a thyroid med. I have at different times taken kelp and an iodine supplement along with a little selenium, but the low temp is a mystery.
Yeah, my TSH has been just above 2 the couple of times it was tested - according to dr, close to middle of the range, so that can't be a problem.
IIRC, Peat has said that he's never met a really healthy person with a TSH over 2, generally healthy people have a TSH under 1, and even lower may be better. Some countires they've lowered the top end of the range to 4.x. From what I've read from Peat, I expect lots of people with TSH of 3 and 4 are suffering and being diagnosed with other things, even though low metabolism may be a key correctable cause.
Your frequently low temps may indicate somewhat low thyroid function.
It is normal for drs to not consider prescribing thyroid hormones unless TSH is extremely high. Some peope here find ways o get it by other means.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals