How Many Mg Of Progesertone In Progest-e?

Zpol

My doctor has instructed me to take 200mg of Progesterone (on days 18 thru 20 of cycle) to treat persistent night sweats. She wants me to take 200mg orally or 300mg as a vaginal suppository. I think the oral route will be more systemic which is what I need. She has recommended a natural prescription of something called Prometrium but is made of peanut oil so don't want that, or, she says I should go to a compounding pharmacy and have them make me some pills at 200mg dosage. I do not know what a compounding pharmacy would use and don't know the excipients they would use.

I had been using Progest-e but stopped because I think it may be causing spotting that I've been getting. I would like to use Progest-e because it's the purest but I need figure out how much to take to get 200mg.

So basically, does anyone know how I would measure out enough progest-e to assure I'm getting roughly 200mg of progesterone?

marteagal

To obtain 200 mg progesterone from Progest-E, you need to take 2.37 g Progest-E. You may want to weigh it using a precision scale rather than relying on the vague 3mg-per-drop definition because the drop size varies depending on temperature and pressure applied to the bottle... But just weigh it if you don't want to take e.g. 300 mg by accident ;) See also discussion in Progest E, Some Question

HDD

1/8 tsp = 50 mg of Progest-E

I'm not sure where this comes from but I think it was from one of the Herb Doctor interviews. I'll see if I can find source.

HDD

...but given that people should use their body and their understanding to help to treat themselves, how much progesterone is in, say an eighth of a teaspoon of your oil?

RAY PEAT: 50 milligrams but you can’t think in terms of what doctors often talk about because that's enough to make some people a little bit drunk.

http://l-i-g-h-t.com/transcript-437

"Your Own Health And Fitness: Thyroid/Progesterone And Diet"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals