Progest-e And Immune Function

Waremu

Okay, nevermind. I found out the details by reading further down on the thread (Duh). Thanks again for the link. Helped a lot.

tara

Looks like you found more posts from Mittir earlier on that thread. Here's what I'm doing.

Put lots (I did about 50 last time) of chicken necks in a pot, cover with water, bring to the boil, simmer for ~2hrs, break up necks with a fork, add salt, simmer a bit longer. Then i let it cool a little so I can pour stock into glass jars to cool fully.Then i mush the necksa bit more, add more water and salt and boil up again for another 30 minutes or more to get a bit more of them, and cool and jar this stock too.
Once the stock is cool, I scoop and discard the fat off the top. Then I put it into ice cube forms and freeze in batches, put the frozen cubes into a box in the freezer. One of the problems is that that the ice cubes from one batch orf necks may differ from another, and the first straining may differ from the second.
I currently use 3-4 cubes morning and night, but may be better with more, or more spread through day. M morning batch I just microwave to hot and drink. My evening batch I usually add to my soup.

I think Mittir's method differed in that he cuts up necks before boiling, and he may not use the second batch. May be other differences.

johns74

Can you see the thyroid gland in the chicken neck? Does it always come with the thyroid gland, or is it sometimes removed from the neck before selling it?

Sheila

Increasing salt seems to help with these kinds of gum issues, I have read that Vit E, the carrier in progest-e, 'wastes' sodium so extra is sometimes useful. I haven't investigated the mechanism for this, someone here likely knows this is a pretty fine forum. Protein levels would be the most important before that though in my experience and sufficient carbs to ensure it's the carbs that are burnt as fuel and not the proteins.
Since I often seen bleeding gums on acute gut irritation (sometimes associated with calcium or milk ingestion depending on susceptibility) then anything the body is having a hard time digesting is probably not helping with the gums. My feeling is, weaken/inflame one set of alimentary canal mucosa and you get inflam wherever else susceptible too.
Once you get this right, it passes, and is a good 'canary in the coal mine' later on if it recurs. Any quick uptick in metabolism can also bring this on as the balance goes out and more of a key nutrient is needed to support the increased metabolism.
Best of luck.
Sheila

proteome

Forum Supporter
B1 deficiency is one of the cause
of low sugar metabolism.
Elliot Overton also emphasizes this relationship between B1 and carbohydrate metabolism in his work on the wide ranging effects of magnesium and Thiamine deficiency, as known as Beriberi.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals