Progest-e - Good Initial Results And A Question

Bluebell

I've just started progest-e for the first time. 3 drops last night, 3 drops this morning.

Some good results I noticed:
- immediate calm and relaxation
- veins in my hands went down (I didn't realise they were swollen I thought it was normal, but they have definitely shrunk)
- this might be coincidence but an area where my gum was a bit swollen seems to have gone down. I'm surprised because I was prepared for my gums to get worse, after hearing reports of people getting gum issues on progesterone.

Last night though, I didn't sleep so soundly. I kept pulling up out of sleep, instead of falling into it (usually I am sleeping well these days). Then although I didn't properly wake up during the night, I had almost-awakenings and my sleep was lighter.

My question is, could this be adrenaline "off-loading" or even estrogen offloading from my tissues? (which one?)

Although I could be too high in estrogen, I know it's not very bad for me because I don't get sore breasts before my period, and I don't get water retention. However I have been in a high physiological stress state for a long time, I think. It's become normal for me and my body has kind of adapted to it. For example I always wake in pain then my endorphins kick in after about 10 minutes. I appreciate my body's efforts, but of course I'm still searching for how to remove the cause of the stress and make it so my body doesn't need to adapt like this.

My other question is, do I just keep on with the progest-e and just work through this offload of stress hormones or whatever it is?

Any comments appreciated, thanks!

Peatri Dish

I started progest -e three drops every few hours (I'll be 50 this year but still cycling) and the fifth dose my heart pounded out of my chest for about five minutes. So I just backed off the dose a little the next day. Now I've built up to more than that. (It's been about 1 1/2 years)
I've never had another incident like that and have no idea what caused it.
The stuff is the bomb!!!

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

How interesting peatri dish, that sounds a bit similar to what I experienced. It is potent stuff. I'm glad I finally decided to try it.