Can a 27 year old girl take progesterone every day? Is it bad to lose menstruation for a temporary time?

mostlylurking

Is there usually any hidden PUFA in olive oil that is not advertised on the label?
Is it something in it´s composition that guarantees 10% PUFA?
I´m sorry, I if I missing something but my 5L olive oil carboy says it has 6g of PUFA, only.
I'm just going by what Ray Peat has said re the 10% of PUFA in olive oil. The other issue is that a lot of olive oil sold is cut with seed oils to increase the profitability. It's hard to discern if you are even getting pure olive oil. PUFA gets sticky from oxidation at room temperature; if your container has drips on it from pouring oil out and they've gotten sticky, it will provide a clue.

"One tablespoon of olive oil contains 9.86 grams of monounsaturated fat, 1.42 grams of polyunsaturated fat, and 1.86 grams of saturated fat. Although a majority of the fat is the good kind,2. Monounsaturated fatty acids, olive oil and health status: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies. Lipids Health Dis. 2014;13:154. doi:10.1186/1476-511X-13-154 it's still beneficial to control your intake since it is calorically dense."

mostlylurking

Yes

We both have high T4 and T3. We are so close the the highest reference range that we are almost above it. Our TSH is very low. So something is suppressing the T3.

@mostlylurking We can test out some Thiamine. I've read somewhere else here that thiamine depletes magnesium. So important to take it with magnesium as well.
I think magnesium is very important also. Sensitivity to magnesium improves with thiamine supplementation.

Diogo

I'm just going by what Ray Peat has said re the 10% of PUFA in olive oil. The other issue is that a lot of olive oil sold is cut with seed oils to increase the profitability. It's hard to discern if you are even getting pure olive oil. PUFA gets sticky from oxidation at room temperature; if your container has drips on it from pouring oil out and they've gotten sticky, it will provide a clue.

"One tablespoon of olive oil contains 9.86 grams of monounsaturated fat, 1.42 grams of polyunsaturated fat, and 1.86 grams of saturated fat. Although a majority of the fat is the good kind,2. Monounsaturated fatty acids, olive oil and health status: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies. Lipids Health Dis. 2014;13:154. doi:10.1186/1476-511X-13-154 it's still beneficial to control your intake since it is calorically dense."
I´m Portuguese, my family used/uses olive oil for plenty of different dishes and I´ve never had sticky olive oil, ever. What you´re speaking of is absolute news to me.
The carboy I have at home at the moment says it is 100% olive oil, a mixture of both refined and virgin oil.

Peat is king and I religiously trust what he says, so I´ll reduce on the olive oil.

Thank you @mostlylurking for your time and comprehension!

mostlylurking

I´m Portuguese, my family used/uses olive oil for plenty of different dishes and I´ve never had sticky olive oil, ever. What you´re speaking of is absolute news to me.
I'm in the U.S. I've not experienced sticky olive oil either. However, adulteration of olive oil by the supplier (middleman?) is a known problem. I used to use a lot of olive oil but after finding Peat I almost stopped using it entirely. I do love a good olive oil and I still put it on my green beans with some parmesean cheese and feel pretty guilty about it but I get over it.

Diogo

I'm in the U.S. I've not experienced sticky olive oil either. However, adulteration of olive oil by the supplier (middleman?) is a known problem. I used to use a lot of olive oil but after finding Peat I almost stopped using it entirely. I do love a good olive oil and I still put it on my green beans with some parmesean cheese and feel pretty guilty about it but I get over it.
I guess there might be a few middlemen between the actual producers and the consumers, somewhere in the US of America.

Well, without trying to start a religious quest, I once heard someone say God is everything, what your senses perceive and do not perceive so it is safe to assume our own consciousness is part of him.

Whathever desires involving any "must not" could be perceived as "anti Him" and so should be avoided.

The devil is in the details, they say

In my view of things, nobility or, perhaps, probity, comes from practising good not just with others but with one self!

The body is a temple and these are sacred, showing/giving respect to it is respecting God and his creation.
Perhaps by following Peat´s principles we are closer to Him than we were when we started.

Anyway, this is what crosses my mind when I´m faced with the challenge of temptation and afterwards, the survivalistic thoughts pointing the premises such as"Well, it will be very hard to eat PUFA free, why not give in this once?"

No, this is not a lecture on how you should feel even more guilty for eating the delicious green beans with parmesean cheese, don´t get me wrong, it is just a different perspective on how to deal with any "must not" urges!

mostlylurking

Well, without trying to start a religious quest, I once heard someone say God is everything, what your senses perceive and do not perceive so it is safe to assume our own consciousness is part of him.
I agree.
The body is a temple and these are sacred, showing/giving respect to it is respecting God and his creation.
Perhaps by following Peat´s principles we are closer to Him than we were when we started.
I agree, because practicing following Peat's principles helps one to get more in tune with their body. Perception is key.
Anyway, this is what crosses my mind when I´m faced with the challenge of temptation and afterwards, the survivalistic thoughts pointing the premises such as"Well, it will be very hard to eat PUFA free, why not give in this once?"
It's pretty much impossible to avoid all pufa because it's just about in everything. However, I've scrupulously avoided it for almost 9 years and I'm a lot healthier from doing that. I've had periods of being really sick in my lifetime and I do not want to go back there. So I have excellent incentive and except for the little bit of olive oil on the green beans I eat guilt free. I've learned to say, No Thank You, to people offering doughnuts etc.

Diogo

I agree.

I agree, because practicing following Peat's principles helps one to get more in tune with their body. Perception is key.

It's pretty much impossible to avoid all pufa because it's just about in everything. However, I've scrupulously avoided it for almost 9 years and I'm a lot healthier from doing that. I've had periods of being really sick in my lifetime and I do not want to go back there. So I have excellent incentive and except for the little bit of olive oil on the green beans I eat guilt free. I've learned to say, No Thank You, to people offering doughnuts etc.
9 years? Amazing to hear it, congratulations.

Sorry to hear you had to pass through times of sickness.

One might say the vast majority of the forum members, either are passing or passed through health difficulties so I really am grafetul you improved your situation and maintained the good health.

That brings hope to the ones seeking balance and to those yet to find Peat´s works!

Speaking of which, isn´t glycine and/or Vitaminn E good to be taken after eating PUFA to combat it´s actions?
I do remember reading something regarding such protective measures, simply can´t pin point for sure if it were the ones I mentioned above.

Perhaps you know better

mostlylurking

Speaking of which, isn´t glycine and/or Vitaminn E good to be taken after eating PUFA to combat it´s actions?
It's vitamin E. Peat talked about it. Somewhere....
You can go here: bioenergetic search and search for Vitamin E. Click on the paragraph of interest to hear who is speaking. Sometimes the auto transcription goofs up a word so it's helpful to listen to it too.

mostlylurking

Thank you @mostlylurking!

It will come in handy!!
You're welcome.

If you want to find info in Ray Peat's written work, you can use this search engine: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless. Use the search cell that excludes the forum. The search results will show 5-6 other diversionary articles (thanks, Google) at the top of the search results. Look for the ones from raypeat.com below the ones Google wants you to read.

Choose an article. Read the whole article if you have time, but if you are looking for something specific you can depress the Control key on your keyboard AND the letter F (short for Find) to bring up the Search tool at the bottom of your screen. Then type the word of choice into the search cell and hit Enter. Then you can click through to find where the word shows in the article.

Diogo

You're welcome.

If you want to find info in Ray Peat's written work, you can use this search engine: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless. Use the search cell that excludes the forum. The search results will show 5-6 other diversionary articles (thanks, Google) at the top of the search results. Look for the ones from raypeat.com below the ones Google wants you to read.

Choose an article. Read the whole article if you have time, but if you are looking for something specific you can depress the Control key on your keyboard AND the letter F (short for Find) to bring up the Search tool at the bottom of your screen. Then type the word of choice into the search cell and hit Enter. Then you can click through to find where the word shows in the article.
WoW amazing!! I was not aware of this. Was indeed aware of raypeat.com but not all of a website gathering Peat´s works.

I had been searching everywhere for Peat´s quotes detailed info regarding a few interesting substances, being Urea one of them and simply couldn´t find anything.
Thanks to this info now I can, many thanks @mostlylurking, you really did save plenty of my time!

mostlylurking

WoW amazing!! I was not aware of this. Was indeed aware of raypeat.com but not all of a website gathering Peat´s works.

I had been searching everywhere for Peat´s quotes detailed info regarding a few interesting substances, being Urea one of them and simply couldn´t find anything.
Thanks to this info now I can, many thanks @mostlylurking, you really did save plenty of my time!
you're welcome.

You might like this link too:
and this one:

mostlylurking

Searching for: Ray Peat Urea on duckduckgo yielded some promising links:

including this one:

Diogo

Searching for: Ray Peat Urea on duckduckgo yielded some promising links:

including this one:
Thanks, once again!

On duckduckgo.com I could only find redirections to the Forum and a few semingly dodgy websites.

Functionalps on the other hand is amazing for the concise info and amount of videos featuring Ray.

It is weird to watch his recorded works knowing he is dead.

Anyway, once again, appreciate your help @mostlylurking

Diogo

mostlylurking

And thank you again for both this websites which I was absolutely unaware of.

Hope I have time and above all the focus to read and understand all this new info!
You're welcome again.

9 years ago, when I first found Ray Peat's website, I was sick as a dog. I would copy/paste a Peat article into a word processing software (Microsoft Word), and format the article to have two columns with wide enough margins for note writing. Then I would print it out, fold it lengthwise, and read it multiple times and write notes and highlight the important parts. I was pretty sick back then, I could not get my eyes to track across a full page of type and there was no way that I could read the article on my computer screen. I have two dresser drawers stuffed full of Ray Peat printed articles; I cannot bear to throw them away.

Diogo

You're welcome again.

9 years ago, when I first found Ray Peat's website, I was sick as a dog. I would copy/paste a Peat article into a word processing software (Microsoft Word), and format the article to have two columns with wide enough margins for note writing. Then I would print it out, fold it lengthwise, and read it multiple times and write notes and highlight the important parts. I was pretty sick back then, I could not get my eyes to track across a full page of type and there was no way that I could read the article on my computer screen. I have two dresser drawers stuffed full of Ray Peat printed articles; I cannot bear to throw them away.
Uff I really am glad you´re better. The issues that brought me here were/are more or less those; I do still struggle a lot with focus, which is a lot better than then.

What approaches and chemicals did you use, if I may ask?

mostlylurking

Uff I really am glad you´re better. The issues that brought me here were/are more or less those; I do still struggle a lot with focus, which is a lot better than then.

What approaches and chemicals did you use, if I may ask?
I'm hypothyroid and was diagnosed 46 years ago; I'm almost 74 now. I've been taking prescription desiccated thyroid since around 1999; Synthroid (synthetic T4 before that). In 2014, I developed rheumatoid arthritis; I think the main cause of the attack was that in the spring of that year, according to Ray Peat, Armour changed hands and the new owners changed the formula for their desiccated thyroid which caused it to stop working. I found Ray Peat early 2015, read up, found a new endocrinologist who changed the brand of my medication from Armour to NP Thyroid by Acella, then spent 9 months optimizing my dose. The rheumatoid arthritis went into complete remission 2015 and has not flared again.

I also high dose thiamine hcl. I have heavy metal poisoning; mercury, from amalgam fillings, removed 50 years ago. Mercury uses up thiamine and causes deficiency. High dosing thiamine hcl corrected a lot of my long term health problems.

I had a tubal ligation when I was 28; it caused strong estrogen dominance for many years. I take around 35-40 mgs progesterone daily, half rubbed into the gums and half vaginally.

I also take:
thiamine hcl, 1 gram, 2Xday
niacinamide: 90-100mg, 4Xday
riboflavin: 90-100mg, 4Xday
magnesium glycinate, 3100mg/day = 400mg magnesium (high dose thiamine improves tolerance for magnesium)
pregnenolone, around 75-100mg 1Xday
vitamin D, 10,000iu, 1Xday
vitamin K, 1-3 mg, 1Xday (Thorne, terrible packaging, no way to control dose)
selenium 200mcg (trying increasing to 400mcg now to test)
n-acetylcholine, 50mg, 1Xday (trying to test)
NP Thyroid by Acella, 135mg, 1Xday

I've avoided PUFA for 9 years. My diet is good, Peaty. Although I do drink OJ, I don't consume a lot of sugar; sugar depletes thiamine. I'm focused on optimizing oxidative metabolism via thyroid function and thiamine function.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals