Progest-E: Dosage, Drop Size

readforjoy

Is there a chart somewhere or has anyone measured out Progest-e in terms of teaspoons? If I needed 100 mg of progesterone (33 drops), how much of a teaspoon would that be? How many drops or how much progesterone would be in 1/4 teaspoon?

HDD

Ray Peat wrote:
"The vitamin E is the only fragile thing in the progesterone solution, and when it's exposed to light, heat, and air it gradually loses its antioxidant value, but the progesterone isn't affected. A few drops at a time (an eighth of a teaspoonful is 50 mg of progesterone) should have a noticeable effect right away (ten or fifteen minutes), and can be repeated according to the effect. If veins on the backs of your hands are bulging (at waist level) the right amount of progesterone should reduce the bulge, for example."

Bluebell

Just realised the "drops" I make are much bigger than standard drops.

There are about 933 drops in one bottle. I have been taking 15 "drops" per day for 3 days, but I've used up way more of the bottle than that would be. Ooops.

I was dropping it out from the dropper at room temperature, squeezing until it forms a drop and falls onto my finger. Ah well, I will make them smaller now.

How big are your drops (measured across in mm) when they first drop onto your finger?

sweetpeat

I had trouble with this too. I keep my progest-e in the fridge which makes it even thicker and harder to make small drops. The darn stuff doesn't really form drops - it just keeps coming out in one long strip! What I decided to do, and I don't know if this is right, is make the drops a similar size to other drop-type supplements I use, like Thorne K or my vitamin D drops. Those are about a half centimeter or so (5mm). So for me, a 3 drop dose is about a 1.5cm strip. I too am curious as to what other do.

Bluebell

I keep mine room temp, I'd say mine are maybe 5mm just fallen, then they spread out quickly. It forms much bigger drops than for example my vitamin D drops. I'm counting my drops so when the bottle is finished I'll work out how much bigger my drops really were.

tara

Lately I try to remember how big the first drops from a bottle are, which is usually smaller than subsequent drops, and then try to match that in quantity. Quite a lot smaller than 5mm diameter, I think.

Bluebell

I've worked out the correct drop size, it's about the smallest drop I can squeeze out. I've been making them around 5 times too big.

marsaday

This has been on my mind as well at the moment.

I keep the stuff in the fridge and a drop is probably about 3mm in circumference. I have been thinking is this too much.

I wonder if anyone could upload a video of them doing a drop on utube to show others how their drops look like. Maybe i could go to the manufacturer to ask if they could load a video.

Bluebell

I used a fine scale to measure 30mg. For me at room temp it's a small drop, just enough to get a little ball out.