Progest-E Tastes Different

Jennifer

Blossom said:
Peata said:
lindsay said:
I've been buying my Progest-e lately directly from Kenogen because with shipping, it worked out to be the same - if not less - than buying it from EB. And I feel sometimes it's best to get it directly from the source because they ship the stuff and it arrives two days later without fail, so you are not dealing with longer mailing times (currently paying $62.50 for two bottles, and that includes shipping). Progest-e is meant to be refrigerated, so if the shipping time is taking longer than usual, this could account for its "off" taste. I got that in the past when I was traveling with the stuff and couldn't refrigerate it - in general, I think this can be common with Vitamin E oil. I always refrigerate Vit. E oil as well or else it starts to smell off.

Anyhow, that being said, the Progest-e I've been ordering from Kenogen directly tastes like it's normal gross self - sorry, but I hate the taste, so that's the best description I can give, but it's not tasting bad like when it gets left out. Also, love that tip about putting in the nose! That would save me the annoyance of feeling it on my gums!

Can you give me the link where you're ordering directly from Kenogen?

I am not satisfied with the bottle I recently got from a distributor. Maybe something is up with the formulation, I don't know. I just don't feel like it's working as well as what I got this spring and early summer.
You have to send an email to order. It is [email protected].

Blossom, is that the correct email address for Kenogen? I tried sending them an email with my order, but I kept getting an invalid email address warning. I just want to make sure before I override it and send out my email with all my credit card info.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I used it several months ago and got it off an old email. Ill recheck it and make sure.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom said:
I used it several months ago and got it off an old email. Ill recheck it and make sure.
I would just send an inquiry about ordering and pricing first and wait for a reply and an invoice. I correspond with the company over a couple emails before exchanging any credit card information. That's the email I used and I believe it worked for Peata as well.

Jennifer

Blossom said:
Blossom said:
I would just send an inquiry about ordering and pricing first and wait for a reply and an invoice. I correspond with the company over a couple emails before exchanging any credit card information. That's the email I used and I believe it worked for Peata as well.

Okay! Thanks, Blossom! I appreciate the help.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Jennifer said:
Blossom said:
Blossom said:

Okay! Thanks, Blossom! I appreciate the help.
I emailed them today about ordering and got a reply so it should work fine ([email protected]).

Jennifer

Thanks, Blossom! I just placed my progest-e order with them and it only cost $27.50 per bottle and $6.50 to ship to New Hampshire. With what it was costing me to get it through Electrical Body, I saved almost $13 by ordering direct from Kenogen. Plus, I get an order confirmation and tracking number. YAY!

Now, if only they can beat EB's shipping record of two weeks. How on earth will they do it? Perhaps with carrier pigeons instead of penguins? Hehe!

Edit- My Progest-e order was shipped out yesterday and I received it today in the mail. Those were some fast birds! :shock:

calamity jane

G'day everyone. I recently received my progest e from kenogen. I have had no reaction at all apart from severe stomach pain that won't go away. I am not confident that there is any progesterone in it after reading other testimonies. Do you think it could be the vit e causing the pain? I have been taking ndt for several months prior. Are you guys satisfied with your progest e now? Thanks for taking the time to help everyone out.

OP
T

tara

I think mine (batch from a few months ago) is still working for me, just tastes different.
Is this the first time you have used it? If not, does it seem different from previous use?
Are you sure it was the progest-e that bothered your stomach? If you swallowed a big dose, maybe the viscosity of the oil irritated your stomach? I try to let as much as possible absorb in my mouth, because it makes my throat scratchy if I swallow it. I got nauseous first time I used it, on an empty stomach. Since then I don't take it on an empty stomach - no more problem.
I think there was a suggestion to get round the viscosity by mixing with coconut oil of such like.

OP
T

tara

calamity jane said:
G'day everyone. I recently received my progest e from kenogen. I have had no reaction at all apart from severe stomach pain that won't go away. I am not confident that there is any progesterone in it after reading other testimonies. Do you think it could be the vit e causing the pain? I have been taking ndt for several months prior. Are you guys satisfied with your progest e now? Thanks for taking the time to help everyone out.

I think mine (batch from a few months ago) is still working for me, just tastes different.
How much did you use? Is this the first time you have used it? If not, does it seem different from previous use?

Are you sure it was the progest-e that bothered your stomach? If you swallowed a big dose, maybe the viscosity of the oil irritated your stomach? I try to let as much as possible absorb in my mouth, because it makes my throat scratchy if I swallow it. I got nauseous first time I used it, on an empty stomach. Since then I don't take it on an empty stomach - no more problem.
I think there was a suggestion to get round the viscosity by mixing with coconut oil of such like.

Jennifer

I can't speak personally about stomach pain from progest-e because everything is causing a pain in my gut right now, but I do think that there's still progesterone in the progest-e product. I've had an extremely high libido, periods and deep sleep while on it which only happens when I'm supplementing with it.

My mom also experiences benefits from progest-e with proper dosing. She had backed off of it some and her migraines and insomnia returned. She thought it was no longer working and was going to stop using it all together, but I told her to up her dose since she went through a very stressful time recently and probably needed extra progesterone to recuperate. So she upped her dose and sure enough, the migraines and insomnia are gone.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Mine has been working well too. I just ordered a new bottle today!

HDD

I ordered from kenogen yesterday and it was shipped yesterday! And it cost less. This is great! I don't think I will be making any anytime soon. Thank you all! :D

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Haagendazendiane said:
I ordered from kenogen yesterday and it was shipped yesterday! And it cost less. This is great! I don't think I will be making any anytime soon. Thank you all! :D
That's great! Mine shipped the next day too and came to about the same price but I was waiting WEEKS for it to arrive. From a more expensive supplier I could count on it arriving in a couple days. Ordering from Kenogen directly is about $9.00 per one bottle less than the expensive but timely supplier. It's fast delivery at a fair price. Yay! :partydance

calamity jane

Thanks everyone for your posts. It was very reassuring. Yes Tara it was my first batch. I stopped taking it & am only just now starting to feel better(Hence the tardy response). I will assume that the illness was coincidental & try again soon.

Beebop

[moderator edit: threads merged]

Hi I've been taking Progest-E for a couple of years, so have consumed many bottles and am familiar with the weird taste.
My latest batch (I've opened one of three bottles) tastes very bitter and like plastic :?:
I've only sampled it twice and cannot stomach it. I want to get a refund on this batch and a have a new one sent out. Not sure how the company will respond to that!

Has anyone else noticed this? What could it be caused by?

Thanks!

Bluebell

Bad in what way, Beebop? I think someone else on this forum, a few months ago, was complaining it had changed.

This is my first bottle so I can't compare. It tastes slightly bitter to me.

Beebop

Tastes very bitter and also plasticky...

Does anyone remember the thread where someone recently complained about the bad taste?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peat's_Girl

Bluebell said:
Bad in what way, Beebop? I think someone else on this forum, a few months ago, was complaining it had changed.

This is my first bottle so I can't compare. It tastes slightly bitter to me.

Maybe that was me?
It does taste weird, but I don't know if it necessarily indicates it has gone bad.
I mean it can't go bad... Can it?...

Beebop

I know progest-E already tastes weird, but this new bottle is disgusting and not like all the others I've had (which before now have all been similar).
Maybe the vitamin E they used for one batch was from a different source or processed differently, I'm not an expert on Vitamin E flavours and what they mean! Hoping someone will have some wisdom :)

Peat's_Girl

Beebop said:
Tastes very bitter and also plasticky...

That's what it tastes like. I'm pretty sure it's normal. It also made my throat scratchy and made me hyperventilate. I started putting it on topically in... eh... my... nether areas ;D [I mean the "star" area ;D)
(Not for perverted pleasure, mind you! Because the area absorbs well, like your gums would.)
http://www.nataliedee.com/040506/cat-****.jpg
If you don't wanna get freaky like that, you can put it on your wrist, your inner thigh, where ever. But you have to put olive oil first and then the Progest-E. Supposedly it makes it absorb better like that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals