Progest-E Shelf Life ?

marsaday

I have been using the protest E oil for about 4.5 months now and in the last week i have been not feeling so good. I have been doing very well using 2 drops of the oil per day, along with my T4 meds. I am now back to feeling a little under the weather, ok, but not 100%. I have tried upping and lowering the T4, but no real difference. I have stopped the progesterone usage for a day or two and things do seem a little worse, but not a huge difference.

So i was wondering if the oil was getting past its best. Does this happen. Because i am male i am only using a small amount per day and so i bottle is probably going to last one year. I started this bottle in April this year.

I am pretty sure my off feelings are related to the adrenal system and not the thyroid.

Could the progesterone have cocked up the adrenal system at all ?

tara

I think Peat said the most sensitive part of the progest-e is the vit-E. As far as I know you can keep it for a long time in a cool dark place, but the vit-e might eventually deteriorate in warm storage. The progesterone should be fine for much longer.
I'd expect it to be fine for a year or more, but maybe don't store it on a sunny window sill?
I reduced my dose this year, and have more than a year's supply at current dosing, so I hope I'm right about this. :)

Dobbler

Ancient thread but topic checks out so my question is: I have bottle of progest-e that is about 6 months old and for past 2 months it has been stored in dark closet at room temperature. It should be okay to use still? None of the ingredients should be sensitive to room temperature as far as i know.

Lollipop2

Ancient thread but topic checks out so my question is: I have bottle of progest-e that is about 6 months old and for past 2 months it has been stored in dark closet at room temperature. It should be okay to use still? None of the ingredients should be sensitive to room temperature as far as i know.
I think it would be fine. I keep my extra bottle in the fridge but the one I currently use stays out of the fridge for 4-5 months. I haven’t experienced any problems.

Dobbler

I think it would be fine. I keep my extra bottle in the fridge but the one I currently use stays out of the fridge for 4-5 months. I haven’t experienced any problems.
Yes.
MCT = does not go bad in room temp
vitamin E = also stays good for couple of years in room temp
Progesterone = If preg and DHEA stay good in room temp for couple years, i dont see why prog wouldn't do the same

Tenacity

The recommended storage is refrigeration. I notice the product gets a funny taste after a few months out of a refrigerator.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals