Problems with F.lux on Mac

Sedonagal

Hello,
This is my first post, but I have spent countless hours over the past few weeks reading all the posts.

I have a desktop Mac, an iPad3, and an iPhone4S

I do use devices in the evening prior to bed. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't seem to allow F.lux on the iPad and iPhone, so I'm forced to wear orange blue-blocker glasses in the evening.

I was able to download the F.lux program on to my Mac, and it seems to automatically adjust the light according to some unknown schedule. The problem: I cannot find this program anywhere. I go into Finder and see it under Applications, click on it, and it says it's already running. I minimize all windows and cannot find it. I cannot find a way to uninstall it, just to send it to trash, but it's still running!

I've never not been able to find a program that I knew was on my computer.

I sent them an email requesting help over a week ago with no response.

I either want to be able to see and control this app, or completely get rid of it and it's effects.

HELP! Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

north

There should be an icon in the top bar. It's there for me...
Otherwise stop it with the task manager and restart maybe?

U can set the schedule and color setting if u have that top bar icon.

OP
S

Sedonagal

You are right, I see it at the very top bar left of the clock. Not where I expected it to be. Nothing I've ever downloaded showed up there so I'm surprised it's there.

Thanks so much! Does Mac have a task manager? I know I had that on my PC years ago. Or what is the equivalent?

Nate

It doesn't run as an app it runs as an extension that is always present. There is the activity monitor (in appilications -> utilities) which is the closest thing to the task manager as you can see all the processes running on your computer.

You can install them in ios but you need to jailbreak the ios devices first which is possible for both the devices at the monent. When ios8 comes out with the addition of native extensions you will probably be able to install it on any device once the devs update it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals