Reviews Of Different Rp Inspired Books/programs

scarlettsmum

So I had managed to acquire quite a few resources together and I thought I would share my thoughts here in case it might help other newbies. Also please share your experience:

Books:
Kate Deering, How to heal your metabolism?

really liked the book, I think she sums it up the best and most accurately from all those claiming to follow RP, I think it is really good value for money. She includes science and the know how of how to apply it in real life. Very thorough, includes sample menus, list of recommended foods, recipes. I feel it may be also beneficial for those concerned with weigh, she doesn't outright suggest to eat full fat dairy like Catherine Crow. In her menu she includes reduced fat milk.

Elizabeth Walling, The Nourished Metabolism

Slightly more simplified version of Kate Deering's book, still very good, focused on very much listening to you body, a bit wapf influenced, was surprised to find her recommendations for facto-fermented foods to help with digestion and inclusion of fermented CLO. But if you can get past it I think it summarises info well and it is explained in an easily understandable way. I like her msg throughout the book to first and foremost listen to your body. No recipes or menus. It's a bargain as the kindle version is around £3.

Catherine Crow, Nutritionally wealthy Recipes

Nice collection of recipes, can be also all found free of charge on her blog and pinterest. I think Charlie posted a link somewhere. Also has some recipes for face cream using progesterone and other diy homemade cosmetics, again can be find on her blog free of charge. She suggest using full fat dairy whilst healing.

Rubins, Metabolic blueprint cookbook

A bit on the expensive side in my view for what it offers. A nice collection of recipes, the simple ones like devilled eggs are not really needing a recipe and the more involved ones have too many ingredients for my liking, especially if you live in Europe and not everything is available. There is some nutritional advice, however I find it leads to further questions unanswered, I'd have to recommend Kate Deering's book over this one in my personal opinion.

Books by Scott Abel - encourages use of artificial sweeteners, suggests having 1 day when you eat what you like and the rest eat sensibly, a good read however, perhaps more suitable to athletes?

Programs:

Ari Whitten, Forever Fat Loss Formula

a program for weight loss without sacrificing metabolism. Lots of good info, reasonable priced at $37. Stresses that we should always listen to our bodies, however I found it confusing as he also imposes different sets of rules where the aim should be to strive to eat 3 meals per day and no snacks eventually and depending on what body fat level you strive for. Perhaps it might work for some that are not struggling with blood sugar issues, but for me it would be going agains my own body, at least at the moment. Lots of good, simple recipes, strives for higher protein intake, sometimes leading to too much tryptophan, I think. He suggests adding whey/casein powders or extra egg whites. His recipes also include salmon and chicken breasts, not really warning against overconsumption of these. Personally I felt a bit like this was too formulaic for me. Maybe I would reconsider if I were to find out that listening to my body lead to a huge weight gain and would have to take some serious measures! :) He also has the Metabolism supercharge program which is more in depth and so more expensive but I am not familiar with it, so I can't comment.

East West Healing (Rubins), Fight food with fatigue

price is a bit on the steeper side, $97. It is good for those that need a step by step, very detailed program. Those that need a manual, some organisation. I would imagine this would be suitable for a person who loves details, and those that like to have it all neatly organised and presented. It is fairly simply explained, it comes with the log, the tables and charts. It is very much about listening to your body and log everything from food, to sleep to moods. It doesn't have to be as tedious as it sounds, he sensibly recommends doing that for 2-3 days a week. I think this could really help certain types of people. It's clearly not for chaos loving, tables and charts hating people. :) I should mention that if you buy this program it also comes with the metabolic blueprint cookbook.

Benedicte (program, plus consults)

I must say that I was unfortunately disappointed with her online module program, a very steep price of $129 and it was very simplified and really not providing anything new that you couldn't find better explained/summerized either for free on this forum or from Kate Deering's book. I would still recommend consulting Benedicte with specific issues, questions, but if you are completely new to this I would suggest to learn from the sources mentioned above and save the money for a consult with her.

Anyhow, these are my views and opinions, look forward to hear what others have got to say/add.
For me in terms of value for money is Kate Deering's book a clear winner.

ilpmusic

I was planning to buy Deering's book. Who has read it? Does it include meal plans? I have been eating using Dr Ray Peat 's guidelines for over 5 weeks but I am concerned with all the weight gain posts.
I am know it goes against the grain on calorie counting but unfortunately I have 15 pounds to lose for an album cover photo shoot

kreeese

I was planning to buy Deering's book. Who has read it? Does it include meal plans? I have been eating using Dr Ray Peat 's guidelines for over 5 weeks but I am concerned with all the weight gain posts.
I am know it goes against the grain on calorie counting but unfortunately I have 15 pounds to lose for an album cover photo shoot
read it twice an absolutely incredible book of real nutritional knowledge for people who want true health and fitness...do what kate prescribes tweak it to your liking and it really works

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals