Pregnenolone Solo

B

Blaze

I am taking it alone with food. Just started pregnenolone for the very first time yesterday. Got a small bag of powder that has a total of 1250 - 20mg doses from a company called bulk supplements. Wish they had included a measuring spoon. Derived from wild yam supposedly. I had no extreme reaction to a larger 50mg dose taken yesterday at dinner. Woke up and felt ok today. Took another dose with food this morning.

Most people that comment here are using the Health Natura pregnenolone or some of the Idea Labs products. I have read of bad reactions like crying or depression and anxiety in some. Or even a numb penis can happen if your body is equipped with that external plumbing , probably due to it converting to progesterone. Others seem to handle a large dose with no adverse effects.
Reports of benefits vary a lot from person to person. Some have subtle or little or no benefits. Others swear by the pregnenolone and say it makes a huge difference for them.

There is a reported facelift effect by some individuals, none in others. Seems like the effect varies a lot from individual to individual. Seems to be safe for all to try though. Obviously, with any bad reaction , probably want to discontinue and keep away from this product. If you have a very positive reaction or benefit , continue to use and maybe play around with the dosage.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
E

equipoise

I am taking it alone with food. Just started pregnenolone for the very first time yesterday. Got a small bag of powder that has a total of 1250 - 20mg doses from a company called bulk supplements. Wish they had included a measuring spoon. Derived from wild yam supposedly. I had no extreme reaction to a larger 50mg dose taken yesterday at dinner. Woke up and felt ok today. Took another dose with food this morning.

Most people that comment here are using the Health Natura pregnenolone or some of the Idea Labs products. I have read of bad reactions like crying or depression and anxiety in some. Or even a numb penis can happen if your body is equipped with that external plumbing , probably due to it converting to progesterone. Others seem to handle a large dose with no adverse effects.
Reports of benefits vary a lot from person to person. Some have subtle or little or no benefits. Others swear by the pregnenolone and say it makes a huge difference for them.

There is a reported facelift effect by some individuals, none in others. Seems like the effect varies a lot from individual to individual. Seems to be safe for all to try though. Obviously, with any bad reaction , probably want to discontinue and keep away from this product. If you have a very positive reaction or benefit , continue to use and maybe play around with the dosage.
It's a month since your post @Blaze and I'm wondering how are you feeling? Dosages?

B

Blaze

It's a month since your post @Blaze and I'm wondering how are you feeling? Dosages?
Feeling good. No adverse effects at all regardless of playing around with low or even much higher doses. Benefits were more dramatic in the beginning weeks, but now diminishing , though not absent. I think that if a person is deficient in pregnenolone , supplementing gets you back to normal or even above normal levels. After that has been attained, there may be only a limited benefit to continuing to dose it daily since your body’s levels are now adequate and hopefully stable.

Probably a good idea for me to discontinue it soon and maybe do an occasional maintenance dose every so often.

OP
E

equipoise

Feeling good. No adverse effects at all regardless of playing around with low or even much higher doses. Benefits were more dramatic in the beginning weeks, but now diminishing , though not absent. I think that if a person is deficient in pregnenolone , supplementing gets you back to normal or even above normal levels. After that has been attained, there may be only a limited benefit to continuing to dose it daily since your body’s levels are now adequate and hopefully stable.

Probably a good idea for me to discontinue it soon and maybe do an occasional maintenance dose every so often.
Very nice, I'm glad it's been helpful to you. I did 2 months of Progesterone back in October but since spring is coming and so are allergies I thought of maybe tryin out Pregnenolone seeing as some members reported quasi anti-histamine like action (without actually taking Cypro or whatever), i.e. relieving congested sinuses.
But also seeing as how I'm still <30 (mid 20s) I think I might just try and get good sleep and take the fat solubles. Still, pregnenolone is not gonna shut you down, so it's definitely worth trying.

B

Blaze

Very nice, I'm glad it's been helpful to you. I did 2 months of Progesterone back in October but since spring is coming and so are allergies I thought of maybe tryin out Pregnenolone seeing as some members reported quasi anti-histamine like action (without actually taking Cypro or whatever), i.e. relieving congested sinuses.
But also seeing as how I'm still <30 (mid 20s) I think I might just try and get good sleep and take the fat solubles. Still, pregnenolone is not gonna shut you down, so it's definitely worth trying.
Agreed, for most it seems there is not much risk in taking it (even a lot of it in higher doses) to see what effect you get. If you feel a benefit then continue use and maybe play with the dosage.

I think the most dramatic benefits from any supplements only occur when you are deficient in a supplement. If the body already has what it needs, it just has to work harder to clear the unneeded excess from the tissues. So, if you don’t feel a definate overt benefit, why burden the body with more work clearing the excess metabolites produced. Brilliant though he certainly was, I have never been in favor of a Linus Pauling megadose style philosophy of supplementation and definately at a your age you certainly need much less supplementation than others.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals