Pregnenolone - "Safest Hormone" ?

Green Dot

[BAD RESPONSE TO PREG] I think that would be from impurities in the pregnenolone. In animal studies, a dose equivalent to about a pound in a person, caused no change, unless the animal was stressed, and in that case it stopped the stress.

“If pregnenolone is pure, it’s effective in doses as small as 10 mg; I have taken thousands of milligrams daily, for a year, and found it to have no side effects.” -Ray Peat

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

“If pregnenolone is pure, it’s effective in doses as small as 10 mg; I have taken thousands of milligrams daily, for a year, and found it to have no side effects.” -Ray Peat
Great quote, thanks, really shows pregnenelone’s active-only-when-needed effects.

invictus

Now if we can only be sure of it’s purity we are good to go :)
As a researcher, Dr. Peat had access to pharma grade or research grade pregnenolone. In the world of e-commerce, if a company gets a rep for selling an inferior or adulterated product, they're history. If the seller has a good reputation and if there's a CoA available upon request...

I've purchased from Health Natura but now I purchase most of my supplements through Amazon Prime. I believe virtually all the pregnenolone comes from China, as does raw testosterone powders used by compounding pharmacies in the US, as well as by people who self treat. Some or, many of us, were buying desiccated thyroid from Thailand. All we were going on was the reputation of the company. I've purchased medications from India, which is a major source of manufactured pharmaceuticals that are sold in the EU, Canada and the US. We're fortunate in the US to be able to purchase almost any supplement or pharmaceutical we want or need.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals