Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)

Nighteyes

Why? How?...that I might delve into some day...too much to know but sleep and stress have moved into the forefront of my health concerns.

Thank for the reply :) Yes, I agree - darkness in indeed very stressful and this might be the reason(among others) why humans developed sleep . To protect ourselves. I take 50mg pregnenolone to protect myself during the night from the spiking stress hormones along with 250mg aspirin. Might look into artemisinin - pubmed has some interesting studies on it. Apparrently it works by drawing iron into the cancerous cells and kills them. Also enhances apoptosis

T

tca300

I do think we should limit its intake, but I don't think it is simple :) Even Ray Peat eats 3 egg yolks a day. only that is 2 gram of stuff that can metabolize to AA, and also some AA directly. And then we don't even talk about PUFA in coconut oil, and butter that many people eat, even on low pufa, ray peat inspired diet. I think it is very hard to make sure there is so little AA available, that there is virtually no PUFA metabolites. That would probably involve no animal fat, and only hydrogenated coconut oil.

So bascically, I think that most people on this forum, and Ray Peat himself, eat so much PUFA, that there still will be AA in the membrane, that can get converted to things like PGD2. And I think therefore most of us will be interested in not only limiting PUFA, but also making sure that the (little) AA that is present, will not get converted to bad guys like PGD2. So back in 2012, I read a study that an increase of intracellular calcium plays a important pathological role here, and taurine seems to protect against this.
Ray does not eat three eggs per day. He told me just the other day he only eats one because of the unsaturation. Unless the chickens have a heavily saturated diet, then he will eat more.

B

Braveheart

Thank for the reply :) Yes, I agree - darkness in indeed very stressful and this might be the reason(among others) why humans developed sleep . To protect ourselves. I take 50mg pregnenolone to protect myself during the night from the spiking stress hormones along with 250mg aspirin. Might look into artemisinin - pubmed has some interesting studies on it. Apparrently it works by drawing iron into the cancerous cells and kills them. Also enhances apoptosis

you're welcome...there is lots of good info on Art. out there...amazing and interesting...I will continue taking it, as that is safe to do, and I believe there are other benefits .

Makrosky

This from Dr's Singh and Lai at Washington State University as they researched Artemisinin...based my protocol on this...don't have time to look at the moment but it was a quote from one of them...but I don't think they explained...I just accepted...hence I take my ART. at 10 pm to be most available between the critical hours of 11 pm and 2 am. Also take 4 days on 3 off as Art. quickly looses effectiveness unless cycled...as w many herbs. I don't know the scientific reason for cancer activity at night but I believe that fact ...specially after all I read about how stressful night is, on this forum...had my stroke at night...still feel stress at night when I awake...night is stressful...bad **** is happening? Why? How?...that I might delve into some day...too much to know but sleep and stress have moved into the forefront of my health concerns.
Wow! Thanks for sharing this and I'm glad you cured yourself!!! Maybe you could share the protocol so others can use it ? Or if unsure, you can send it to me by email and I'll post it. I'm out of FDA reach.

B

Braveheart

Wow! Thanks for sharing this and I'm glad you cured yourself!!! Maybe you could share the protocol so others can use it ? Or if unsure, you can send it to me by email and I'll post it. I'm out of FDA reach.

I take 200 mg at 10 pm before bed with a little fat (coconut oil) for absorption... 4 days on 3 days off. (looses effectiveness after 3-4 days)... 4 weeks on 1 week off. Some people take the 200 twice a day but I believe that is not what original researchers recommended...less is more/better...

Makrosky

I take 200 mg at 10 pm before bed with a little fat (coconut oil) for absorption... 4 days on 3 days off. (looses effectiveness after 3-4 days)... 4 weeks on 1 week off. Some people take the 200 twice a day but I believe that is not what original researchers recommended...less is more/better...
Thanks!!!!!! 200mg of a standarized extract, powdered herb or what exactly ?

michael94

@haidut

What are the rate limiting factors for pregnenolone synthesis usually? I know cholesterol, vitamin A and thyroid are involved, any other major players? I remember reading vitamin D was important as well but cannot recall the source.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This from Dr's Singh and Lai at Washington State University as they researched Artemisinin...based my protocol on this...don't have time to look at the moment but it was a quote from one of them...but I don't think they explained...I just accepted...hence I take my ART. at 10 pm to be most available between the critical hours of 11 pm and 2 am. Also take 4 days on 3 off as Art. quickly looses effectiveness unless cycled...as w many herbs. I don't know the scientific reason for cancer activity at night but I believe that fact ...specially after all I read about how stressful night is, on this forum...had my stroke at night...still feel stress at night when I awake...night is stressful...bad **** is happening? Why? How?...that I might delve into some day...too much to know but sleep and stress have moved into the forefront of my health concerns.

Mr. bzmazu, have you seen this post?
Cancer Grows More At Night Under The Influence Of Cortisol
You are right, cancer does grow more at night, due to the stress.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

What are the rate limiting factors for pregnenolone synthesis usually? I know cholesterol, vitamin A and thyroid are involved, any other major players? I remember reading vitamin D was important as well but cannot recall the source.

Proper levels of ATP and NAD. That is why thyroid is so important.

B

Braveheart

Mr. bzmazu, have you seen this post?
Cancer Grows More At Night Under The Influence Of Cortisol
You are right, cancer does grow more at night, due to the stress.

Excellent, thank you...there seems to be only one time left in my day that I can feel the stress...it is after awakening at 4am ...until I get up and stop "stinking thinking"...I think that is some time I should devote to meditation. BTW I now sleep a good 6 hours...after applying some things I've picked up on this forum and especially after taking the preg/dhea before bed...Thanks for that!

B

Braveheart

Excellent, thank you...there seems to be only one time left in my day that I can feel the stress...it is after awakening at 4am ...until I get up and stop "stinking thinking"...I think that is some time I should devote to meditation. BTW I now sleep a good 6 hours...after applying some things I've picked up on this forum and especially after taking the preg/dhea before bed...Thanks for that!

What a shame...night time can be so romantic...specially these tropical nights

Makrosky

It most definitely is. Completely takes away high estrogen and cortisol symptoms almost instantaneously.

The most powerful substance in Peat-dom.
I have found tianeptine to be much more powerful than pregnenolon stopping stress.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Cortisol is highest in the 5am - 8am period. That's when most sick people in hospitals die. Peat said that some of the Chinese practitioners of Tai-Chi are probably aware of that and this is the reason they get up very early, do their calming exercises and then go to bed again for a few hours (8am - 10am). Just waking up around 5am and drinking a bit of sweet milk should be enough to restrain the stress.

B

Braveheart

Cortisol is highest in the 5am - 8am period. That's when most sick people in hospitals die. Peat said that some of the Chinese practitioners of Tai-Chi are probably aware of that and this is the reason they get up very early, do their calming exercises and then go to bed again for a few hours (8am - 10am). Just waking up around 5am and drinking a bit of sweet milk should be enough to restrain the stress.

Beautiful! Love how this just all falls into place....just listen to your body and find the simple natural thing to do.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Beautiful @bzmazu. Thanks for sharing. Your daughter is so fortunate to have you around for a long time to come.

B

Braveheart

Beautiful @bzmazu. Thanks for sharing. Your daughter is so fortunate to have you around for a long time to come.

Thanks!...it's all about her these days...I believe/like the quote you include in your posts...this food thing, and the "Food Police" can drive you nuts at times.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks!...it's all about her these days...I believe/like the quote you include in your posts...this food thing, and the "Food Police" can drive you nuts at times.
If that is the two of you in your avatar you both look so happy! That in itself is more powerful than any supplement or food. You are living proof that we don't need policing when it comes down to our 'medicine' or 'food' choices!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals