Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)

Kasper

Now, since we know that inflammation stems primarily from PUFA metabolites, it would be sensible to propose that may be PUFA is involved in the pathogenesis of depression. Also, given their effects on the entire body, depression would be a systemic disease. This is exactly what a recent study I posted found.

Much of what you say makes sense to me, but I doubt this reasoning a bit. This is one of the only topics I've really tried to study (back in 2012, but nevertheless), and I think this kind of reasoning is only partly true. I was just rereading some log I wrote in 2012. And I was saying something along these lines:

Without inflammatory stimuli much AA stays in the membrane phospholipids. In response to inflammatory stimuli, AA is released from membrane phospholipids by phospholipase A2. So therefore, much AA in the membrane, is not really causing inflammation, but causing excess inflammation when there are already inflammatory stimuli.

Besides that, PGE2 seems to be down regulated in asthma and hair loss for example (maybe also depression). While PGD2 is upregulated. So it is not only about PUFA, but also about what is done with the PUFA, if is it converted to PGD2 or PGE2, seems to make a difference.

So I have this note, in my log, "Which factor cause an increase of intracellular calcium???" I can remember that, the more I read about this stuff (and I have read a LOT of studies back then, because I was desperate to cure my hair loss), the more it all seem to do with an increase of intracellular calcium. Both the release of AA from the membrane (which then can be further metabolized), PGD2 formation (instead of PGE2) and mast cell degranulation.

So here my log stops, because I could just not find out what causes intracellular calcium to increase, and I kind of decided I probably need to do a biology study to understand concepts like this. o_O But now I find that taurine seems to be very effective in preventing intracellular calcium to increase, and this is also proven to help with hair loss :D

In short my point is, yes PUFA is bad, also because it just get rancid like crazy, but I think for many people it is (almost) impossible to eat so little PUFA so that you can't produce things like PGD2 anymore (and just produce mead acid metabolites). I think limiting PUFA means to I don't know 5 gram a day or something will mostly cause less inflammation where there are inflammatory stimuli, not curing inflammation. To make sure the inflammation stops, I think it is more important, is to make sure that AA is not released from the membrane, and is not converted in PGD2 and other bad guys. This seems to do with preventing intracellular calcium to increase, where taurine seems to help, and probably just things that make sure your cells stay in their healthy restfull state (with potassium and magnesium high, and natrium and calcium low).

DaveFoster

It most definitely is. Completely takes away high estrogen and cortisol symptoms almost instantaneously.

The most powerful substance in Peat-dom.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Because of the FDA? Can't you write it under a seudonim or publish it on an online platform out of the reach of FDA? There must be a way to bypass that stupid legislation.

If you start hiding it is automatically considered as evidence of criminal activity. Especially in federal court. And if it is done in a way that crosses international borders the Patriot Act can kick in and then I am no different than any other soul wasting away at Guantanamo. I know some people will consider this paranoid, but I know people who have dealt with the FDA and it is no different than the FBI and CIA. Did you know FDA has its own surveillance/spying group about the side of the FBI counter-intel unit? FDA also has its own SWAT teams and has ruined quite a few lives just because those people were deemed selling "unqualified medical advice". Before I write any book, I would have to lawyer up like OJ.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Much of what you say makes sense to me, but I doubt this reasoning a bit. This is one of the only topics I've really tried to study (back in 2012, but nevertheless), and I think this kind of reasoning is only partly true. I was just rereading some log I wrote in 2012. And I was saying something along these lines:

Without inflammatory stimuli much AA stays in the membrane phospholipids. In response to inflammatory stimuli, AA is released from membrane phospholipids by phospholipase A2. So therefore, much AA in the membrane, is not really causing inflammation, but causing excess inflammation when there are already inflammatory stimuli.

Besides that, PGE2 seems to be down regulated in asthma and hair loss for example (maybe also depression). While PGD2 is upregulated. So it is not only about PUFA, but also about what is done with the PUFA, if is it converted to PGD2 or PGE2, seems to make a difference.

So I have this note, in my log, "Which factor cause an increase of intracellular calcium???" I can remember that, the more I read about this stuff (and I have read a LOT of studies back then, because I was desperate to cure my hair loss), the more it all seem to do with an increase of intracellular calcium. Both the release of AA from the membrane (which then can be further metabolized), PGD2 formation (instead of PGE2) and mast cell degranulation.

So here my log stops, because I could just not find out what causes intracellular calcium to increase, and I kind of decided I probably need to do a biology study to understand concepts like this. o_O But now I find that taurine seems to be very effective in preventing intracellular calcium to increase, and this is also proven to help with hair loss :D

In short my point is, yes PUFA is bad, also because it just get rancid like crazy, but I think for many people it is (almost) impossible to eat so little PUFA so that you can't produce things like PGD2 anymore (and just produce mead acid metabolites). I think limiting PUFA means to I don't know 5 gram a day or something will mostly cause less inflammation where there are inflammatory stimuli, not curing inflammation. To make sure the inflammation stops, I think it is more important, is to make sure that AA is not released from the membrane, and is not converted in PGD2 and other bad guys. This seems to do with preventing intracellular calcium to increase, where taurine seems to help, and probably just things that make sure your cells stay in their healthy restfull state (with potassium and magnesium high, and natrium and calcium low).

So, even your explanation admits that it is AA that one way or another contributes to the pathology, right? If that is the case, why worry about inhibiting its conversion and keeping it "benign" when you can simply restrict its intake?
Also, what other explanation would you have of the disparate studies I posted above? They all seem to point in the same direction - PUFA metabolites cause brain aging and depression. How else would you explain all of these consistent findings? As you can see I posted them across many months so it's not like I just cherry picked them right now to fit my theory.

Sucrates

What about folks who don't respond to 200mg? Some people have mentioned needing a couple of grams or a heaping teaspoon. What are the risks and benefits , besides cost at these doses?

Koveras

If you start hiding it is automatically considered as evidence of criminal activity. Especially in federal court. And if it is done in a way that crosses international borders the Patriot Act can kick in and then I am no different than any other soul wasting away at Guantanamo. I know some people will consider this paranoid, but I know people who have dealt with the FDA and it is no different than the FBI and CIA. Did you know FDA has its own surveillance/spying group about the side of the FBI counter-intel unit? FDA also has its own SWAT teams and has ruined quite a few lives just because those people were deemed selling "unqualified medical advice". Before I write any book, I would have to lawyer up like OJ.

Perhaps two separate guides?

One that discusses "unconventional"/peatarian views of certain conditions and their biological causes (eg. endometriosis is related to estrogen, serotonin, prolactin, etc).

One that discusses dietary, supplemental, and pharmaceutical ways to manipulate certain pathways - and ideas for synergistic combinations (or to borrow from examine.com - "goes well with"/"does not go well with")

Leave it for people to put 2 and 2 together.

B

Braveheart

Let me tell you about paranoia...my experiences looking for a natural cure for my leukemia were unbelievable, especially as I got closer to finding the answer......left me paranoid to this day...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Let me tell you about paranoia...my experiences looking for a natural cure for my leukemia were unbelievable, especially as I got closer to finding the answer......left me paranoid to this day...

Please do share, if you feel it is safe, your findings about the malaria drug. I think many people on the forum would love to hear about your experience. Of course, told from a first person "this is what I did" vs. "this is what you should do" angle:):

Drareg

This is insanity,what happened America?
I can understand an agency to deal with snake oil salesman but a Swat Team for the fda? Wtf?
South Park is starting to look like reality.

Kasper

So, even your explanation admits that it is AA that one way or another contributes to the pathology, right? If that is the case, why worry about inhibiting its conversion and keeping it "benign" when you can simply restrict its intake?

I do think we should limit its intake, but I don't think it is simple :) Even Ray Peat eats 3 egg yolks a day. only that is 2 gram of stuff that can metabolize to AA, and also some AA directly. And then we don't even talk about PUFA in coconut oil, and butter that many people eat, even on low pufa, ray peat inspired diet. I think it is very hard to make sure there is so little AA available, that there is virtually no PUFA metabolites. That would probably involve no animal fat, and only hydrogenated coconut oil.

So bascically, I think that most people on this forum, and Ray Peat himself, eat so much PUFA, that there still will be AA in the membrane, that can get converted to things like PGD2. And I think therefore most of us will be interested in not only limiting PUFA, but also making sure that the (little) AA that is present, will not get converted to bad guys like PGD2. So back in 2012, I read a study that an increase of intracellular calcium plays a important pathological role here, and taurine seems to protect against this.

Makrosky

Oh man, I didn't know it was that bad. Then by any means please take care. You are not paranoid, the courts are all ****88 up anywhere in the world, it's basically a kafkian nightmare. Better safe than sorry. Stay safe haidut!

B

Braveheart

Please do share, if you feel it is safe, your findings about the malaria drug. I think many people on the forum would love to hear about your experience. Of course, told from a first person "this is what I did" vs. "this is what you should do" angle:)

I was diagnosed with leukemia (CLL) a little over a year ago. I'll be 71 this month and had a somewhat disabling stroke 3 years ago...my right side is very weak and

B

Braveheart

sorry computer/forum got away from me...anyway I'm pretty disabled from stroke but walk and drive etc...the news of CLL left me stunned but I immediately did my favorite thing in life....research...endless research. It was during this time I stumbled upon the genius Dr. Ray. I also discovered an anti malaria drug used by the WHO, that had anti cancer properties. I had used ARTEMISININ ten years earlier for my malaria and it worked beautifully. I couldn't believe it...it was too simple...just buy this inexpensive Chinese herb and take it at home?...for incurable leukemia?...hard to believe, but as I studied every word I could find about it, I already knew it would work...it had worked for others and on other cancers too...but when it came down to protocol nobody would talk to me...I had to know how to use it...Doctors that used it wouldn't talk... and even the 2 professors at a major US university who discovered its effectiveness against leukemia...nobody would talk. But already enough info was out there...had slipped thru the cracks... before these people became paranoid, I guess. I also learned, thru this research, about the politics of cancer...and they are horrendous, unbelievable.

To make a long story short, I pieced together a protocol after endless referencing and study and ordered the Artemisinin from a company in the States (it had gotten into the US under the FDA's radar because it was only a malaria drug) The US is practically the only country in the world that doesn't use it for malaria...I wonder why? Well, it worked! I am leukemia free! and my Dr. here is incredulous...just keeps saying, "keep on doing what you are doing".

Have learned a lot...cancer is active at night...fascinating!... and all of a sudden Dr. Peat's info started to fall in place for me and I am able to heal and protect my body from further damage...his principles are the cornerstone of my health regime....I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life...and my pressure and blood tests are those of a younger man...and I will be around to see my 10 year old beautiful daughter grow to maturity. Thanks to this forum and thanks to the brilliance of Haidut.

Nighteyes

Have learned a lot...cancer is active at night...fascinating!..

Interesting.. Is this connected to the increased percentage of fat being burned instead of sugar during night time? Would like to read more about this for sure if you or any one else has some links.

Drareg

sorry computer/forum got away from me...anyway I'm pretty disabled from stroke but walk and drive etc...the news of CLL left me stunned but I immediately did my favorite thing in life....research...endless research. It was during this time I stumbled upon the genius Dr. Ray. I also discovered an anti malaria drug used by the WHO, that had anti cancer properties. I had used ARTEMISININ ten years earlier for my malaria and it worked beautifully. I couldn't believe it...it was too simple...just buy this inexpensive Chinese herb and take it at home?...for incurable leukemia?...hard to believe, but as I studied every word I could find about it, I already knew it would work...it had worked for others and on other cancers too...but when it came down to protocol nobody would talk to me...I had to know how to use it...Doctors that used it wouldn't talk... and even the 2 professors at a major US university who discovered its effectiveness against leukemia...nobody would talk. But already enough info was out there...had slipped thru the cracks... before these people became paranoid, I guess. I also learned, thru this research, about the politics of cancer...and they are horrendous, unbelievable.

To make a long story short, I pieced together a protocol after endless referencing and study and ordered the Artemisinin from a company in the States (it had gotten into the US under the FDA's radar because it was only a malaria drug) The US is practically the only country in the world that doesn't use it for malaria...I wonder why? Well, it worked! I am leukemia free! and my Dr. here is incredulous...just keeps saying, "keep on doing what you are doing".

Have learned a lot...cancer is active at night...fascinating!... and all of a sudden Dr. Peat's info started to fall in place for me and I am able to heal and protect my body from further damage...his principles are the cornerstone of my health regime....I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life...and my pressure and blood tests are those of a younger man...and I will be around to see my 10 year old beautiful daughter grow to maturity. Thanks to this forum and thanks to the brilliance of Haidut.

That's amazing news, very happy for you.
Do you take anything else?

B

Braveheart

This from Dr's Singh and Lai at Washington State University as they researched Artemisinin...based my protocol on this...don't have time to look at the moment but it was a quote from one of them...but I don't think they explained...I just accepted...hence I take my ART. at 10 pm to be most available between the critical hours of 11 pm and 2 am. Also take 4 days on 3 off as Art. quickly looses effectiveness unless cycled...as w many herbs. I don't know the scientific reason for cancer activity at night but I believe that fact ...specially after all I read about how stressful night is, on this forum...had my stroke at night...still feel stress at night when I awake...night is stressful...bad ***t is happening? Why? How?...that I might delve into some day...too much to know but sleep and stress have moved into the forefront of my health concerns.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals