Oversleeping

DaveFoster

I often oversleep. I feel fine with 8 hours, but I often sleep for 10 to 11 and feel worse for it.

I've put my alarm on the other side of the room, and that helps. I've tried soda with caffeine in the morning, and that helps, but the early caffeine triggers a bit of a stress response.

How do you guys get up on time without feeling groggy?

Last edited:

Queequeg

I often oversleep. I feel fine with 8 hours, but I often sleep for 10 to 11 and feel worse for it.

I've put my alarm on the other side of the room, and that helps. I've tried soda with caffeine in the morning, and that helps, but the early caffeine triggers a bit of a stress response.

How do you guys get up on time without feeling groggy?

Just listened to RP in the car and he suggested a glass of warm milk and sugar or honey to combat hypoglycemia when sleeping.
I take glycine before bed, mainly to balance excess methionine, but also for sleep as its shown to make you less tired with less sleep.

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Just listened to RP in the car and he suggested a glass of warm milk and sugar or honey to combat hypoglycemia.
I take glycine before bed, mainly to balance excess methionine, but also for sleep as its shown to make you less tired with less sleep.
That's interesting about the glycine; I didn't know about it's benefit for sleep quality itself, so I'll try it. Thanks for the info.

Queequeg

That's interesting about the glycine; I didn't know about it's benefit for sleep quality itself, so I'll try it. Thanks for the info.
your welcome. somebody posted the pub med study on another glycine thread

haidut

Forum Supporter

paymanz

Maybe dopamin and more motivation for life can correct that.

Dopamine also can improve circadian clock.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Interesting info, thanks haidut.

BCAA - reducing muscle pain
L-theanine - reducing cold symptoms
Glycine - sleep
Alanine - alcohol detoxification

@paymanz

I think this is true; depression and oversleeping go hand in hand, which makes sense due to the increased serotonin.

milk

You're taking cypro, aren't you.

Cypro can make me sleep for 24 hours. No joke.

Peater Piper

I was the same way, I'd sleep 8 hours, but could easily roll over and sleep another 3-4. Without commitments, I'd end up getting up later and later each day, and going to bed later each night, to the point that I'd work my way all the way around the clock until I was going to bed again at a normal time. The only fix has been setting my alarm for the same time EVERY MORNING, going to bed around the same time every night (and allowing for 8-9 hours in bed), and preferably getting outside for some bright light shortly after awaking and eating. I wake up easily now most mornings, sometimes before the alarm. Occasionally I'll have to fight to get up. Also, no naps. If I do I struggle to fall asleep at night, which means inadequate sleep, which means a crappy morning. The routine feels natural now, but I've accepted I can't mess with it too much or I'll run into problems.

InChristAlone

Yeah best to keep to a schedule. Our body thrives on a rhythm. Do you let sunlight into your room in the morning? Light is what causes the waking. I have a very natural response get sleepy at the same time every night and wake up at almost the same time every morning. Usually with dawn. Or when I run out of glycogen. Is your cortisol too low in the morning? That's what gets us up and going. Mine went higher going off all caffeine to where now I can take cypro and not feel dead in the morning.

amethyst

Sometimes you need to oversleep. Especially if you are under stress. Your body is telling you it needs the rest, so go with it, sleep later, or go to bed earlier so that you get enough sleep.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I tried 5 grams of glycine last night, slept 8 hours and woke up on my own from an intense dream (a very violent and complex dream actually.)

I feel refreshed, and not sleep-deprived at all: just right.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I tried 5 grams of glycine last night, slept 8 hours and woke up on my own from an intense dream (a very violent and complex dream actually.)

I feel refreshed, and not sleep-deprived at all: just right.

You probably got super sleepy in the afternoon

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

No from stress making you think you were fresh and awake :ss
Actually, I've been getting a pulse of 110 and some anxiety. Might be stress caused from too much thyroid a week ago still leaving my system.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals