Oversleeping

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Anything you do for blood pressure besides bag breathing?

Well if you did sleep a full eight hours I'm not sure what that could be, but for overstimulation I just use cyproheptadine. Sometimes just eating enough carbohydrates isn't an option...

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Well if you did sleep a full eight hours I'm not sure what that could be, but for overstimulation I just use cyproheptadine. Sometimes just eating enough carbohydrates isn't an option...
Yeah; I've been eating a ton. I've been given Klonopin, and I took one a couple days ago, but I dare not take any more. Doctors still like to prescribe clonazepam. I guess grand mal seizures aren't a big deal.

Over stimulated is right, but cyproheptadine raises heart rate, so I don't want too much of that.

Queequeg

Anything you do for blood pressure besides bag breathing?
Dr Daniels recommends water for high blood pressure. I guess it thins out the blood.

milk

Beets are commonly recommended for high blood pressure.

I've been trying them these last days and they do seem to lower it. I just peel the beet and eat it with salt, the whole beet or half of it.

I've been having some good readings here and there lately (even reaching 12/8), but not consistently.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Dr Daniels recommends water for high blood pressure. I guess it thins out the blood.
Weird; water usually raises your blood pressure, but not if you eat a high-salt diet.

Beets are commonly recommended for high blood pressure.

I've been trying them these last days and they do seem to lower it. I just peel the beet and eat it with salt, the whole beet or half of it.

I've been having some good readings here and there lately (even reaching 12/8), but not consistently.
Interesting; beets raise NO.

The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease

Queequeg

Weird; water usually raises your blood pressure, but not if you eat a high-salt diet.

Interesting; beets raise NO.

The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease
You got me curious about that. this is what I found

Eliminate hypertension naturally

3. Water: According to Julian Whitaker, M.D., ‘chronic dehydration also can be a cause of high blood pressure by making the body hold onto sodium. Make a point of drinking a minimum of eight and preferably 10 to 12 glasses of pure, filtered water every day. This surprisingly simple step can truly make a difference in blood pressure control.’

InChristAlone

Yeah; I've been eating a ton. I've been given Klonopin, and I took one a couple days ago, but I dare not take any more. Doctors still like to prescribe clonazepam. I guess grand mal seizures aren't a big deal.

Over stimulated is right, but cyproheptadine raises heart rate, so I don't want too much of that.
I've never found cypro to raise heart rate and I generally have a high resting pulse. I only take .5mg though.

Before I raised my CO2, I would have grogginess issues. Once my CO2 went up, I would wake instantly feeling wonderful, which is how it remains today. Never a problem getting up.

I get up when I wake up, almost never with an alarm, and I sleep less rather than more. The trick is to get up when you wake up. Take a nap if you want even in an hour or so, but don't keep sleeping.

JohnA

What is everyone's opinion on naps? Conventional wisdom generally is ok with naps assuming the naps don't impact your nocturnal sleep. I've always been a big fan of naps, but have recently wondered if they're actually counterproductive if one isn't truly sleep deprived. My two reasons:

1. Naps lower my body temperature and pulse: After a 45-60 minute nap, I often awake feeling a little colder and with a pulse 5-10 bpm lower than my usual resting pulse rate. I benefited from a Steve Richfield type temperature reset, so I believe in keeping the body temp and pulse elevated for as many hours a day as possible.
2. Peat's views on darkness being stressful: I nap best when I turn off the lights and use my eye mask. I know Peat says that being asleep mitigates some of this stress, but it is still probably not helpful to regularly spend an hour of your afternoon in darkness.

jyb

What is everyone's opinion on naps? Conventional wisdom generally is ok with naps assuming the naps don't impact your nocturnal sleep.

Problem is, there's a risk it could disrupt your sleep pattern. I usually take the risk and can't resist it on weekends anyway, but it's not always clear if it's worth it.

I know Peat says that being asleep mitigates some of this stress, but it is still probably not helpful to regularly spend an hour of your afternoon in darkness.

I strongly doubt that just an hour in darkness has a meaningful impact from that point of view. There is light before and after - unless we are talking about a winter day where the nap makes you miss most of the day's light.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals