Oral Vitamin D

M

member 2106

Can anyone recommend a brand of Vitamin D capsules that doesn't include questionable additives? Particularly one that would be easy to obtain in the UK? Many thanks.

boris

Why not calcirol? Seems to be a better alternative to oral.

OP
M

member 2106

Why not calcirol? Seems to be a better alternative to oral.

I have just ordered a UVB lamp for reptiles, as recommended by RP, so I’ll give that a shot.

boris

Interesting, I have one of those. A OSRAM 300w vitalux, that I never used for my reptile since it gets enough sun. It says to use it for 2-5 minutes at a time for animals at max.

What is the protocoll for humans? Do you have to wear some kind of protection for the eyes?

OP
M

member 2106

Interesting, I have one of those. A OSRAM 300w vitalux, that I never used for my reptile since it gets enough sun. It says to use it for 2-5 minutes at a time for animals at max.

What is the protocoll for humans? Do you have to wear some kind of protection for the eyes?

I don't think you need eye protection if it's full spectrum light - "the eye avoids and squints in bright light" (Vitamin D bulb for use in the home - or perhaps office |) The danger is if it doesn’t force you to look away, and then you find yourself looking directly into it.

I'm a bit unsure about how close I should be to the light, but Ray said within six feet should be sufficient for skin penetration. I think just a few minutes a day of exposure could increase D levels significantly.

Here's the one I bought, at 160W: Arcadia D3 UV Reptile Basking Lamp - MVB Mercury Vapour Combined Heat & UVB Bulb | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals