Is Vitamin D Transdermal Safe

Josh

Hey!

I’ve got some Vitamin D from thorne coming in soon..

Now i’ve stayed clear from Vit D supplements orally for the past few years after hearing about how they mess with the ‘vitamin d pathways’ or something like that and always just went with Vit D from the sun..

Now is there any risk or downside to just spreading the oil over your skin? Is there any of the similar risks from vit D orally that are the same for topical?

I’m guessing absorption is low but every little helps, i would just spread it all over my chest etc. Or is there a better part to spread it and how many drops would you recommend?

In the uk the weather is still not great even though it's summer.. If it's sunny here though i would just sunbathe and not bother to use the D supplement.

Thanks all

Jessie

It's absolutely safe to use transdermally! In fact I'm pretty sure that's how Peat himself takes it. The absorption rate will be lower, however it bypasses the intestinal barrier and goes straight into the bloodstream. I use the same exact product but I take it orally at 12,000iu dosages (25 drops). I don't want to speculate, but taking that same dosage transdermally would probably result in about 6,000iu, roughly half that of oral administration. That's probably sufficient, especially if you aren't trying to correct a deficiency. Some people do respond poorly to vit D and it can take super physiological doses for these people to just bring their levels up. So I'd take it for a couple months then get a blood test to see where you're at.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals