Can you break open a vitamin d gel capsule and use it as a topical?

Can i pop open a vitamin d in olive oil gel capsule and rub its contents on my skin? is it effective? it would be much cheaper like this than buying liquid vitamin D.

Of course I often do it even though I don't know exactly how much I will actually absorb (without using carriers such as DMSO). You should do a trial to understand the systemic effects you get at the same dosage between oral and the same dosage spread on the skin. Some claim that absorption will be low despite having a carrier oil such as coconut or olive. Topical may keep longer and dissolve over time. I use it with an E very often.

slimdaddydogjim

Forum Supporter
Absolutely! I popped open Country Life Vitamin D gel capsules and applied them topically for years. Ray said that you need to use around 10 times the amount topically in order to absorb an adequate amount. It is best to apply first thing in the morning after showering, that way it stays on your skin the whole day and has more time to absorb.

I got tired of having to puncture the gel capsules so I decided to skip that step altogether and I eventually switched to using the Carlson brand 6,000 IU per drop, with 6 to 8 drops applied topically every day. You will pay around twice the price for the gel capsules compared to the equivalent amount in liquid form.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals