Would opening a Vitamin E tocopherol capsule significantly degrade it?

cs3000

I only want 100mg/150iu as that looks like enough for PUFA/peroxidation/metal chelation protection and vit E has caused me fatigue in the past. but the d-alpha tocopherol solo products are 400iu+.

i heard natural form Vit E is unstable but how unstable? if i emptied a capsule would it instantly react with oxygen in the open air? edit: actually NOW does a liquid form with just d-alpha tocopherol so can adjust the dose, but wondering same thing for using liquid form dropped in mouth?

edit edit: looks like products degrade 25% - 50%+ by 6 months anyway, so probably will just go for those.

Last edited:
I only want 100mg/150iu as that looks like enough for PUFA/peroxidation/metal chelation protection and vit E has caused me fatigue in the past. but the d-alpha tocopherol solo products are 400iu+.

i heard natural form Vit E is unstable but how unstable? if i emptied a capsule would it instantly react with oxygen in the open air? edit: actually NOW does a liquid form with just d-alpha tocopherol so can adjust the dose, but wondering same thing for using liquid form dropped in mouth?

edit edit: looks like products degrade 25% - 50%+ by 6 months anyway, so probably will just go for those.
I wouldn’t think so otherwise how would they be able to put vitamin E and in creams or get it in the capsules in the first place?