Non dairy/coconut saturated fat?

Snarf

What is the best non dairy or coconut source of saturated fat. Im currently consuming about 50ml of olive oil per day which i want to reduce due to its 5ar inhibiting properties.

I dont tolerate dairy or coconut so what are my best options? Duck/goose fat, beef tallow?

Sefton10

Cocoa butter

Hans

Forum Supporter
What is the best non dairy or coconut source of saturated fat. Im currently consuming about 50ml of olive oil per day which i want to reduce due to its 5ar inhibiting properties.

I dont tolerate dairy or coconut so what are my best options? Duck/goose fat, beef tallow?
Beef and lamb fat will be your next best option. Cocoa butter as well as mentioned, but it doesn't really go well with many things.

Dave Clark

You can get products like these, a bit expensive though:
I feel that palm kernel oil is very close to coconut oil, so that is a substitute you could try:
Table 1 . Fatty acid composition of palm oil and palm kernel oil. Fatty acid profile is very close to coconut oil, with low PUFAs, etc.

76er

I use beef tallow exclusively for a cooking oil. I can render 2x 32oz jars of tallow from 5 lbs of beef suet.

Besides being high in stearic acid, beef tallow and has a better non-stick quality than others.

You can call around to a local rancher to get grass-fed suet.

Rendering is easy:
- Cut the suet into smallish chunks and put them in a dutch oven.
- Heat at 225º F. (Don't go higher or you'll burn it and it'll smell bad too).
- Stir occasionally.
- Takes about 5-6 hours.
- I just use a steel strainer rather then a cheese cloth for the final jarring.

OP
S

Snarf

Thanks for the suggestions. I had forgotten about cocoa butter, i will have to get some. I think i will start using beef tallow/dripping for cooking.

-Luke-

Have you tried clarified butter/ghee? It's dairy fat, but pretty much everything people don't tolerate about dairy is removed. Even normal butter is often tolerated well by people who don't tolerate dairy in general.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals