Newbie here , need some help

OP
L

lazz

I haven't test my body temperature yet , but my BP was 123/73 today and pulse at 97

btw , when on low carbs my pulse was extremely slow at 61

Peato Diet

@lazz - 'Increased libido' would have been plenty descriptive.

How are you progressing? How is the weight loss coming along while dosing high on the fructose? Im curious to find out if your 'experiment' contradicts a lot of the information out there regarding the relationship between fructose and fat gain e.g.:

Nate Miyaki states: "6. Fruit: Fructose is one of the worst compounds for body composition enhancement — directly leads to insulin resistance and fat accumulation."
Source: http://natemiyaki.com/2011/04/15/q-...ight-on-a-strict-adherence-to-the-paleo-diet/

Mercola states: "'When you eat 120 calories of glucose, less than one calorie is stored as fat. 120 calories of fructose results in 40 calories being stored as fat."
Source: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/22/food-pyramid-guide.aspx

Do you find losing the bodyfat any harder on the high fruit sugars (fructose), or easier, or the same?

OP
L

lazz

I've have maintained my condition..muscles look fuller though, pumps are insane, stronger at this poin too...I was usually weak and tired when on low carbs this close to a contest...im dropping my total cals next week by 200 and will add another HIIT cardio session daily...i'll post pics in a week or so...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Looking a little small there lazz. You better get in the gym. :rolling

I jest.

OP
L

lazz

Hhahaha...actually , compared to when I was juicing I am tiny now...lol...but im way healthier now and will never ever touch another chemical..

this is me ..at 230 pounds...placed 3rd at Nationals... Lookin back now ,I cant believe all the damage I was doing to my body..oh well, you mature , you live ,you learn...im 38 , still have a long life to live if I take care of my self..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Incredible.

It will be interesting to see how much muscle you can keep Peating. Ray Peat has said this is an anabolic diet(I dont remember if thats the exact words but its close).

OP
L

lazz

I believe so it's anabolic...once I quit steroids it was pretty difficult to keep size, especially on low carbs crap I was following...like I said above , muscles are fuller , and my strength has increased once I added carbs ,sugars back....I also noticed that u don't need that much protein like those companies are making us believe to built muscle..it's all bull**** so they can make more money off us. ive been eating around 160-180g daily..musch less than the 400g I was eating back then.

I don't wanna sound like those conspiracy theorist out there but damn , im starting to believe everything they're feeding us , all the info out there is just WRONG!!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
lazz said:
I don't wanna sound like those conspiracy theorist out there but damn , im starting to believe everything they're feeding us , all the info out there is just WRONG!!!

Dude, I think you are onto something. :mrgreen:

Good night. :hattip

Rolan

lazz said:

Hmmm.... :shock: :eek: :mrgreen:

Will you keep working out as much as you do plus HIIT? I've found that training slightly less has been much more beneficial to me - I almost exclusively use Olympic Rings now though, plus weight leg movement like pistols and now hill sprints which are friggin' horrible - Mon/Tue + Thurs/Fri. It's better for me. Obviously our goals are different though. Also the extra sugar and Dairy have me recovering much faster!

Plus in September I'm re-starting my Capoeira and dance training, so will prolly cut down to 2 or 3 days as I don't want to over-do it. Maybe when I was 21, but at 27 I want to pace it better. Maybe I'm being a ***** :lol:

OP
L

lazz

I usually work out with weights 3 days on 1 day off..repeat...HIIT cardio I do it daily though

OP
L

lazz

I've sleeping like a baby at nights ..back then it was really hard to sleep on low carbs...but ive also noticed lately that I get sleepy at times during the day....Is this a positive sign? don't know if this has anything to do with it but bumped my milk intake to 1/2 galloon daily last 3 days...also salt

Peato Diet

@ lazz. Half a gallon. Do you have any digestive issues at all with this amount of milk? Are you still feeling positive about peats dietary recommendations? Have you found any peat rules that you wont be adapting?

Im not sure about the milk/sleepiness thing but I noticed i sleep better since moving from ketogenic to addition of sugars. I dont drink a lot of milk since it gives me digestive issues. I dont know if this will have an effect or not but if you think milk is making you sleepy you could try substituting it or a portion of it for cheese or some form of strained yogurt (goes down easy mixed with some honey) which has 10 grams of protein per 100 grams and takes up less space in the stomach. Google has a macronutrient profile of strained yogurt:
http://bit.ly/13PdukE

You can make your own kefir cheese cheaply just for the price of the milk. I made a kefir making kit from coffee jars. It takes 3 mins a day to make approx. 1.7 litres of kefir using this kit:
http://peatarian.com/16318/macro-nutrie ... fir-cheese

All thats required to make kefir cheese from kefir is to strain it through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth for a few hours.

However, a problem with strained yogurts could be the lactic acid and bacteria content which ray says are not good however he has said kefir cheese is OK but im not sure if he is taking about it in small amounts or in large amounts as major source of ones dairy. I have sent him an email to clarify since im trying to figure out a way to get round my digestive issues with milk. Ill let you know he replies.

"A spoonful or two of acidic yogurt isn't harmful, but a cupful of the acidic type can be enough to deplete the liver's energy stores, because lactic acid is converted to glucose in the liver, requiring energy. The "strained" type that isn't acidic is similar to cottage cheese and is safe." - Ray Peat
Source: http://www.dannyroddy.com/2011/12/29/ra ... tandi.html

OP
L

lazz

no digestive issues at all so far...I do eat 2-3 ounces of parmagiano reggiano daily as snacks.

wow, today I woke up around 8 am...took a nap at 11am for a couple of hours..then another one at 3pm for another 2 hrs and around 6 pm took another one...wtf..lol...in other words just today , I slept right after my oj - milk, meals...thanks god it's Saturday.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Maybe you are fighting something off. Maybe you just need a break. Maybe your body is lowering stress hormones and you are just getting use to it. Lot's of maybes. lol

OP
L

lazz

yeah man...I took a couple of days off from all that training and cardio..my body was definitely n overtraining mode, ..I am also eating more carbs. ..and ice cream last 2 days.

OP
L

lazz

I just noticed I joined this forum on june 26...well, it has been a whole month since I have eaten any chicken nor muscle meats and do not crave any of stuff.....damn , im a bad azz...lol :partydance :nono :nutkick :wink:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:lol:

Sounds like you are in healing and rest mode. Soak it up.

Rolan

I know that when I'm training too much I feel the need for naps. But it only lasts about ten minutes. I very rarely sleep in the day.

And I also have pretty much no desire to eat muscle meat. Last ate chicken about....4-5 months ago, don't miss it at all. Had some lamb this week, didn't really enjoy it but I felt I needed it so had anyway. Ordered 2 Lamb shank's, 8 Lamb and beef livers(4 each), 2 diced beef portions and something else(+ cheese) from an awesome grass-fed organic farm near me. Cost £55 overall but should last a month just about. In the good 'ole days that would have lasted a week :lol:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals