Hello, newbie here

Zentimes

Hi everyone, just joined the forum. :)

I am a mid-60s female with Hashimoto's (autoimmune underactive thyroid), diagnosed 7 years ago now, although I must have been hypo for quite some time before that. Since then I have been trying to fix my health problems but they have worsened instead. Went on the gluten-free, dairy-free diet but that didn't help and left me vitamin deficient and I developed histamine intolerance, as well as oxalate problems.

Currently I am on a mix of T3 and T4, T4 monotherapy did nothing for me as I have conversion problems and so now I self-source T3. However although my brain is much better on T3 I am still suffering from many hypo symptoms as well as the histamine/oxalate issues I mentioned.

It's exhausting, really, trying to figure out how to help oneself when doctors seem clueless (I'm in the UK and thyroid treatment here is rubbish if you cannot get well on T4 monotherapy).

Anyway I discovered Ray Peat and hope there is wisdom to be found in his words that might help get me back on the road to recovery! Good to be here. :)

Hi everyone, just joined the forum. :)

I am a mid-60s female with Hashimoto's (autoimmune underactive thyroid), diagnosed 7 years ago now, although I must have been hypo for quite some time before that. Since then I have been trying to fix my health problems but they have worsened instead. Went on the gluten-free, dairy-free diet but that didn't help and left me vitamin deficient and I developed histamine intolerance, as well as oxalate problems.

Currently I am on a mix of T3 and T4, T4 monotherapy did nothing for me as I have conversion problems and so now I self-source T3. However although my brain is much better on T3 I am still suffering from many hypo symptoms as well as the histamine/oxalate issues I mentioned.

It's exhausting, really, trying to figure out how to help oneself when doctors seem clueless (I'm in the UK and thyroid treatment here is rubbish if you cannot get well on T4 monotherapy).

Anyway I discovered Ray Peat and hope there is wisdom to be found in his words that might help get me back on the road to recovery! Good to be here. :)
Welcome Zentimes! I hope the forum proves to be helpful :)

Lilac

Hello and welcome, Zentimes! :welcome2

I have found so many solutions in Ray's writings and the great posts here. Trying one thing at a time and carefully observing your response is, I have found, a good approach.

Good luck! 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

OP
Z

Zentimes

Hello and welcome, Zentimes! :welcome2

I have found so many solutions in Ray's writings and the great posts here. Trying one thing at a time and carefully observing your response is, I have found, a good approach.

Good luck! 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Thank you! :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals