POLL: New Topics

Best of Haidut

• For (Yay)

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Against (Nay)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Meh (Neutral)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other / Your thoughts (in thread below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PeatThemAll

Hello!

I was looking for a Best of Haidut thread but could not find one. Although some of his posts could be extracted by datamining by the Admins, and me being the learn-as-you-do types, I'm OK with the idea of starting this topic and increasing it with BOPs (Best Of Posts) as time goes by, in a new, separate thread.

Just wondering about the right forum subsection, though.

Of course, feel free to add any constructive suggestions.

I've been also thinking of doing a "Best of (non-RP)" meta-thread. Newbie here, and I think this has already been covered though, so this other thread would include all the other greats in the other (Haidut, Kim, Ling, etc.).

So much gold out there ( :thumbleft to everybody who posted here) - time to compile! And who knows, maybe a Usable Stuff (bottom line /actionable now) post later?

Cheers,

Peat 'Em All :thumbup

DaveFoster

Definitely include information related to serotonin, estrogen, prolactin, dopamine, and uncoupling. Haidut's information has helped me so much, and I feel as if he has built upon Peat's ideas to such an extent that he may be considered far more worthy a doctor than the majority of PhD's in America at present.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Made a "Best of Posts" section. We can rename it, whatever we need. I can also make sub-forums of the usernames, like haidut. Just let me know what you need.

PeatThemAll, I appreciate your work on this.

:hattip

OP
P

PeatThemAll

Big :thumbup Charlie!

Let's get the Peat Party started. Could you create a Best of Haidut (or simply Haidut) sub-forum?

TIA!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

Peata

PeatThemAll said:
post 102860 Big :thumbup Charlie!

Let's get the Peat Party started. Could you create a Best of Haidut (or simply Haidut) sub-forum?

TIA!

What about making posts there according to topic? Examples: pufa, pregnenolone, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peata said:
post 102876 What about making posts there according to topic? Examples: pufa, pregnenolone, etc.
Great idea!!

Last edited:
OP
P

PeatThemAll

Possible overlap with other sections, but can't hurt to give it a try. :cool:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
PeatThemAll said:
post 102880 Possible overlap with other sections, but can't hurt to give it a try.
Not sure I understand. Could you clarify?

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You could do something like this maybe:

Best of Haidut "PUFA" - Part 1

OP
P

PeatThemAll

Charlie said:
post 102882
PeatThemAll said:
post 102880 Possible overlap with other sections, but can't hurt to give it a try.
Not sure I understand. Could you clarify?

Peata asked about making posts according to topics. Let's suppose we do, and that I have a post from Haidut that talks about PUFAs. Technically I should post it in both subsections (not really a problem). On the other hand, to my recall, there are also many other subsections in the forum. Would there be a risk of … er 'overlap' (okay, bad choice of words in retrospect) e.g. double postings of things already covered there?

Simply asking from a database size perspective. From a user perspective, the more ways to access good info, the better for all.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No I do not think that would be a problem. Basically you are extracting out and posting again for better visibility.

I wonder if the wiki should be the final stop for all this......

Giraffe

I don't like the idea of copying posts. The search engine will find the same text several times. It is already difficult to find the information I am searching for as threads often wander from the original topic. I want to read the discussion when I read Haidut's threads. Haidut might want to change older posts to correct a typo ...

You could create a list instead (see below). Charlie could make the thread with the links a sticky so it will easily be found.

Best of Haidut
High PUFA diet effectively the same as diabetes, aging and cancer
Haidut's Summary of PUFA
Generative Energy Podcast with haidut (forum member)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]Giraffe[/ref], excellent point and great solution. :D

:hattip