New To The Forum And Have Questions

Maretch

Thanks for commenting. But this is a Ray Peat forum. So I'm going to try what has worked for others to lose weight in similar situations to mine in a Peat inspired fashion.

If you knew anything about Ray Peat, you'd know that cutting out fruits is the exact opposite of what he talks about.
I'm sorry I'm a newbie on this forum, and i would like to learn more about it. So i think i need help too :D

javacody

I'm sorry I'm a newbie on this forum, and i would like to learn more about it. So i think i need help too :D

Welcome to the forum. Optimizing your metabolism inline with Ray's ideas can be quite the rabbit hole to dive into.

Ask lots of questions, listen to the interviews with Ray, check out Danny Roddy's stuff, and read Ray's stuff.

It's taken me a long time to get from what I wanted to be a Peat friendly diet to an ACTUAL Peat friendly diet.

OP
Maretch

Maretch

Welcome to the forum. Optimizing your metabolism inline with Ray's ideas can be quite the rabbit hole to dive into.

Ask lots of questions, listen to the interviews with Ray, check out Danny Roddy's stuff, and read Ray's stuff.

It's taken me a long time to get from what I wanted to be a Peat friendly diet to an ACTUAL Peat friendly diet.
I would like to ask if I can avoid dairy products because I really can't consume them, kind of intolerance! Is this diet requiring them or not necessarily?

Giraffe

Welcome to the forum @Maretch .

I moved your post to a new thread so the original one doesn't get hijacked.

If you want to learn about Ray Peat's ideas you will find a few links here: New to Peat: How to get started? - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

If you can't tolerate dairy products, don't eat them. Discussion on issues with dairy you find here: Working Through Milk Issues

tara

:welcome Maretch

I second reading and listening to Peat's articles and interviews.
If some particular foods bother you particularly, it's probably good to not overdo them. Some people manage to readapt to milk by taking it very slowly. I seem to do better without too much milk.
Good to find other sources of calcium if you are not getting it from milk. Some here supplement eggshell powder, which Peat has said is likely one of the less contaminated forms.

OP
Maretch

Maretch

Welcome to the forum @Maretch .

I moved your post to a new thread so the original one doesn't get hijacked.

If you want to learn about Ray Peat's ideas you will find a few links here: New to Peat: How to get started? - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

If you can't tolerate dairy products, don't eat them. Discussion on issues with dairy you find here: Working Through Milk Issues
Thank you for the links I found them very interesting, I'll try to learn everything soon, and thank you for help, it's very important for me!

OP
Maretch

Maretch

:welcome Maretch

I second reading and listening to Peat's articles and interviews.
If some particular foods bother you particularly, it's probably good to not overdo them. Some people manage to readapt to milk by taking it very slowly. I seem to do better without too much milk.
Good to find other sources of calcium if you are not getting it from milk. Some here supplement eggshell powder, which Peat has said is likely one of the less contaminated forms.
Hi Tara, I think that I'll try to use soy milk instead of the normal one, never tried it before but I hope it's tasty. Mostly because I like milk, and it;s such a shame that I can't drink it normally! :( feel so sad!

marteagal

Hi Tara, I think that I'll try to use soy milk instead of the normal one, never tried it before but I hope it's tasty. Mostly because I like milk, and it;s such a shame that I can't drink it normally! :( feel so sad!

Hi @Maretch, soy is evil in Peat world. I think, in one of the numerous KMUD transcripts Ray Peat literally said "soy is basically inedible".

OP
Maretch

Maretch

Hi @Maretch, soy is evil in Peat world. I think, in one of the numerous KMUD transcripts Ray Peat literally said "soy is basically inedible".
Why so? Is there an explanation? Thank you for alert! I have so much to learn! Feel so uncomfortable about it!

marteagal

Just two quick points that may get you started: soybeans have a high PUFA content (wiki: Per 100 g, soybean oil has 16 g of saturated fat, 23 g of monounsaturated fat, and 58 g of polyunsaturated fat). PUFAs have estrogenic effects besides all other harm they cause (e.g., via formation of prostaglandins, and other toxic breakdown products, etc.). It is also estrogenic because "soy steroids can be converted by bowel bacteria into estrogens".

OP
Maretch

Maretch

Just two quick points that may get you started: soybeans have a high PUFA content (wiki: Per 100 g, soybean oil has 16 g of saturated fat, 23 g of monounsaturated fat, and 58 g of polyunsaturated fat). PUFAs have estrogenic effects besides all other harm they cause (e.g., via formation of prostaglandins, and other toxic breakdown products, etc.). It is also estrogenic because "soy steroids can be converted by bowel bacteria into estrogens".
Thank you, it's clear, so i have to search for something else...

DaveFoster

It might be wise to list your diet, and make edits/substitutions rather than throwing the whole template away in favor of a "Peat-approach."

This way you can do things gradually, which will allow both your body and palate to adjust.

OP
Maretch

Maretch

thank you very much, I am going to try my best, thanks each one of you for trying to help, if you have any more hints share them all with me. I appreciate it all a lot!

marteagal

Meanwhile I found the exact quote:
Ray Peat said:
I think the main problem with soy besides it basically being inedible; I think the main problem is that it’s almost all from grown in the genetically modified form that takes large amounts of toxic pesticides.
[Source: Iodine, Supplement Reactions, Hormones and More KMUD - Ask Your Herb Doctor - 2016]

Here is a longer excerpt from that interview, hopefully of help to you:

HD1: So, Dr Peat, I was looking at some abstracts here that were going to form the show and the first couple caught my attention just because they were based on isoflavones and I know from our studying herbal medicine, soy and isoflavones were all the rage and were touted as being very health beneficial, reducing cholesterol and all this other ridiculously unscientific information that was purported. So from the basis of soy, they mentioned that there was an alcohol soluble fraction that had been shown essentially to basically cause female cancers, that these things were taken up by the thyroid or rather they inhibited the uptake of iodide by the gland and that this increased the oestrodial in females and that this was, I know that we’ve heard about soy and now we definitely are aware of soy being very pro-carcinogenic because it’s an oestrogen mimic. What do you think about this whole industry push that was producing, and probably still is producing, soy infant formula, which is one of the main foods that was generated from it?

RP: I think it has seriously harmed lots of kids by partly the oestrogenic effect. The oil itself has a pro-oestrogen effect, anti-thyroid effect. Apart from those little molecules, the isoflavones, the category of flavones or flavonoids, it’s very similar to the isoflavones, the phenyl group or benzene group is just located slightly closer to the keto oxygen in the isoflavones and that group seems to be the oestrogenic group. The other orientation of the benzene group makes it more likely to be anti-oestrogenic and lots of fruits and vegetables contain the anti-oestrogenic forms of those, but the oestrogen industry as a background, led to a lot of the sales talk about the effects of soy chemicals.

HD1: And of course there is a hugely cultivated GMO products patents owned for its propagation and its use again no doubt another spawned product from big corporations who essentially want to own the product.

HD2: But don’t all legumes have a certain percentage of these isoflavones? [RP: Aha] But just soy is particularly high?

RP: No. I think the main problem with soy besides it basically being inedible; I think the main problem is that it’s almost all from grown in the genetically modified form that takes large amounts of toxic pesticides.

HD2: Which are oestrogenic too, right?

RP: Yeah.

tara

I think that I'll try to use soy milk instead of the normal one, never tried it before but I hope it's tasty. Mostly because I like milk, and it;s such a shame that I can't drink it normally!
I used to use soy 'milk' with my breakfast for years, but I stopped when I read Peat's comments on the estrogenic effects of soy. I suspect all that soy may have been one contributor to my health issues.
Why so? Is there an explanation?
Natural Estrogens

You can try different versions of milk that you have available - you may find you do better with some kinds than others - eg some people do better with raw, or ultrapasteurised, or A2, or milk without added vitamins.
Do you know if it's the lactose or the milk proteins that bother you? If it's just the lactose, you may do better with cheeses where most of that is gone. And it may be possible to restore lactose digestion by introducing just a little at a time with meals and gradually increasing. If it's the proteins, thats a different issue. A2 milk has a different balance of proteins - could be worth a try if you have it available.

It might be wise to list your diet, and make edits/substitutions rather than throwing the whole template away in favor of a "Peat-approach."

This way you can do things gradually, which will allow both your body and palate to adjust.
+1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals