new, need help single mom: thyroid and progest-e

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

just ate about 1.5 cup quinoa salad with tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, followed by 2 toasts dripping with grass-fed butter and gouda cheese. And a bit of apple juice and salt.

stomach went from relatively flat (must've digested the corn, egg, potato, and I also walked a bit) to 8-month pregnant in a few seconds. Had to open buttons and lie down.

At this point, there's bloating no matter what.

Has anyone else experienced what I'm going through -- that your stomach swells up right as you eat, no matter what you eat??

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Help, I have a date tomorrow! I need something for bloating and gas. I just popped two charcoal pills...what is the best time of day to take charcoal?

Can I still progest-e tonight, or will the charcoal inactivate the progest-e?

My stomach is sticking out like crazy. A friend told me that salt causes water retention. I told her hypo's can't retain salt, so have to supplement. Another friend told me to try probiotics.

Is there anything that will make my stomach go down? Not eating is not an option.

tara

Charcoal will absorb stuff in your digestive tract and at a separate time rub the progest-e into your gums, you should still get the effects of both.

I used to get lots of gas. These days much less. I put it down to a big reduction in grains and pulses, and maybe less veges. I still get some from I think potatoes and onions, but no where near what it used to be. But you can't just take food out of your diet without replacing with something else, as you say, not eating is no option. So I don't know a quick fix, if you are getting reactions to other foods you try too. Milk, cottage cheese, eggs, meat, juice, sugar, berries, that I eat regularly, seem to produce a lot less. The worst things for me I think are lentils, (f)artichokes, dried apricots.

tara

And enjoy your date. :)

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I'm trying to up the calories. Today was 2250 (though only 20g fat, unintentionally). I'm increasing by eating more honey in tea and oatmeal and sometimes a T by itself, and also eating mejdool dates.

I've started getting a bit of acne now and then. What does this indicate?

The brain fog is unbearable and affecting my work.

I generally try to eat peatishly, but in order to get the calories in and since I can't tolerate much fluid, I resort to lentils now and then, bread often, oatmeal every morning. I love milk, and am trying to increase it slowly.

The activated charcoal helped for about half a day or more. I need to do it more often, maybe twice a week? When I do it, can I increase the quantity each time?

I can increase cypro from 4mg upward if it will help with bloat. Will it?

Right now my stomach is very bloated and huge. Some things that help lessen the bloat are eating smaller meals and more frequently, and more solid than liquid.

I am not taking pregnenolone. Will taking it help bloat?

Will the bloat go away by itself at some point?

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Aug 12 crono was a mistake above in carb. Correct: 90 P, 383 C, 20 F
Aug 13: 96 P, 338 C, 59 F
Aug 14: 108 P, 316 C, 75 F

Today I got a sore in my mouth. I rarely get these. The sore and the couple of acne are worrying me. I haven't had acne since menopause.

I also had diarrhea several times...this could be because I'm trying to increase thyroid a smidgen, and might have taken more than a smidgen. I've switched to cynoplus and T3 instead of levothyroxine and T3.

I read a post that said to increase vitamin A for acne. Anyone comment on that?

And, WHAT DOES THE ACNE AND SORE INDICATE??? It's worrying me.

Amazoniac

Retinoic acid is crucial for proper epithelial cells function. The skin becomes keratinized and that affects their final cicle. That can be a problem for those who are susceptible because it blocks the pore and create an anaerobic environment, in which bacteria, that are normally present on our skin, thrive and create an inflammation by your immune system trying to control that spot.
Vitamin A also affects mucus formation, that you need in order to have a healthy epithelial environment. If it's not working properly, it can facilitate toxins and trigger inflammation which can show up on your skin.
I guess that excess of it is detrimental, especially if you don't increase the fat-soluble vitamins in conjunct and their associated compounds.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals