New OJ at Whole Foods Is Sweeter

Velve921

Recently tried this OJ for the first time. In my WHole Foods location in Missouri they changed the brand label in the last couple weeks. For some reason, this orange juice is now sweeter and tastes more like real oranges than ever before. Could be a hickup. Who knows. But I at least thought Id share this with people considering all the discussions about the changes in our food supply.

1612458160231.png

@haidut

D

Deleted member 5487

Recently tried this OJ for the first time. In my WHole Foods location in Missouri they changed the brand label in the last couple weeks. For some reason, this orange juice is now sweeter and tastes more like real oranges than ever before. Could be a hickup. Who knows. But I at least thought Id share this with people considering all the discussions about the changes in our food supply.

View attachment 21543

@haidut
Thats the best stuff. Nothing comes close.

equipoise

I can't get any good store bought OJ in Europe, price range doesn't matter. Once you go fresh squeezed, you never go back. Altho it's expensive.

If if it is fresh squeezed I always find adding maple syrup makes it digest even better.

That's very interesting. I've seen there's some maple syrup on sale (100% Canadian) and I might aswell pick some up. Good for manganese too I'd reckon
Yep, you won't be disappointed!

michael94

View attachment 21543

@haidut
I noticed that a few weeks ago. It is really good. By the way the organic orange juice at trader joes tastes the exact same, makes me think its the same source, in case any of you dont have a whole foods nearby.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I noticed that a few weeks ago. It is really good. By the way the organic orange juice at trader joes tastes the exact same, makes me think its the same source, in case any of you dont have a whole foods nearby.

Do you have a picture of the Trader Joes Brand?

KTownSatfats

E
Thats the best stuff. Nothing comes close.
Their (WF) own freshly squeezed at each day location is by far the best. It actually tastes like sweet delicious oj, because it is. It's organic but the main difference is it's not cooked. I can't drink pasteurized oj any more. Yuck!

View attachment 21543

@haidut

gaze

the vons organic orange juice is fairly sweet as well. it's called the organics brand or something. also uncle matt's OJ is usually pretty sweet

Fred

Speculating: January is orange season, so there's probably more truly fresh juice in the containers.

Dr. B

the kirkland (costco) organic 100% orange juice also tastes exactly the same and both whole foods and costco say their orange juice is from Mexico/the US. id imagine its the same source. whole foods sells their organic OJ in a 59 oz paper carton and the 89oz bottle shown above, and costco sells their 59oz OJ in a plastic bottle. All 3 of these orange juices have slight differences in taste due to the bottle. The whole foods big bottle shown above tastes best, followed by costcos, followed by whole foods paper carton. somehow the paper carton doesnt taste as good even though its the exact same juice as in the big bottle they sell. it seems like some of the material in the paper carton leeches into the juice.

Dr. B

the vons organic orange juice is fairly sweet as well. it's called the organics brand or something. also uncle matt's OJ is usually pretty sweet

i saw uncle matts but they have a smaller bottle at 52 oz vs 59oz, and they are priced significantly more per bottle than whole foods brand. the juices both seem the same quality however uncle matts advertises their juice as flash pasteurized. any idea what that is and if its even better than regular pasteurization as listed on most juice bottles? flash pasteurization makes it seem like they do some sort of high heat processing for a short time which would likely make it inferior quality to regular pasteurization.

JonahMark

the kirkland (costco) organic 100% orange juice also tastes exactly the same and both whole foods and costco say their orange juice is from Mexico/the US. id imagine its the same source. whole foods sells their organic OJ in a 59 oz paper carton and the 89oz bottle shown above, and costco sells their 59oz OJ in a plastic bottle. All 3 of these orange juices have slight differences in taste due to the bottle. The whole foods big bottle shown above tastes best, followed by costcos, followed by whole foods paper carton. somehow the paper carton doesnt taste as good even though its the exact same juice as in the big bottle they sell. it seems like some of the material in the paper carton leeches into the juice.
I agree with your rank of grocery store OJ. Whole foods organic OJ by far the best amongst grocery chains and Costco a close second.

I've also noticed the quality and taste has gone down with both Whole Foods and Costco OJ post-pandemic lockdown. Before the lockdown, you would walk down the grocery aisle in Costco and you could spot the difference from the organic OJ versus the non-organic in color. Now both are the same light orange color, almost yellow. So now i stick to Whole Foods organic OJ.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals