The Power Of Fruit

Velve921

For many people this post may not be quite informative, but for many others it can reassure the power of fruit.

I've been Peating almost 3 years; coffee, milk, gelatin, coconut oil, sugar, ice cream, hard cheese, salt, dark chocolate, orange juice have been my main foods. When I first started I was doing maybe 1 gallon of OJ a day and felt amazing! But as I don't crave fruit or the taste off and on its been easy for me to get away from the fruit and stick to coffee drinks. However, recently I've been run down with life stressors so I had to revisit my regimen. I've added whole fruit back in...4 cooked apples and 2-4 blood oranges per day. The power of fruit is the truth! Especially in dark climates like chicago.

I think this post goes out to all the people that could be on the cusp, or in question of the fruit idea. In 3 years of experimentation every time my energy levels drop off coincidentally my fruit intake could be non existent. Of course fruit will not be for everybody and I'm not trying to be an authority on the topic...just want to share what I've experienced.

All the best to everyone!

Diokine

+1 for sure.

I love cooked apples, pears, melons. I've been juicing them heavy lately and I know I wouldn't feel as good as I do without it.

Tenacity

I try and get at least half my calories from fruit sources, and it does feel pretty good.

Regina

For many people this post may not be quite informative, but for many others it can reassure the power of fruit.

I've been Peating almost 3 years; coffee, milk, gelatin, coconut oil, sugar, ice cream, hard cheese, salt, dark chocolate, orange juice have been my main foods. When I first started I was doing maybe 1 gallon of OJ a day and felt amazing! But as I don't crave fruit or the taste off and on its been easy for me to get away from the fruit and stick to coffee drinks. However, recently I've been run down with life stressors so I had to revisit my regimen. I've added whole fruit back in...4 cooked apples and 2-4 blood oranges per day. The power of fruit is the truth! Especially in dark climates like chicago.

I think this post goes out to all the people that could be on the cusp, or in question of the fruit idea. In 3 years of experimentation every time my energy levels drop off coincidentally my fruit intake could be non existent. Of course fruit will not be for everybody and I'm not trying to be an authority on the topic...just want to share what I've experienced.

Yep. Cooking apples this weekend for sure. Thanks!!

Lilac

I use the following recipe for applesauce from Mimi Sheraton's "The German Cookbook." (But I don't use the skins, per Peat.) At Christmas, it got a lot of compliments from my extended family.

A mixture of apple varieties (I like lumpy applesauce, so some pie apples, like Golden Delicious, are in there), peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
A small amount of water
A few strips of lemon peel
A few whole cloves
Sugar to taste
Pinch of salt

Cook covered until the apples lose their whiteness and are cooked through.
Remove the lemon peel and cloves. Add cinnamon to taste. A bit of freshly grated nutmeg if you like that.

beachbum

Hi Ewlevy1

Do you cook all fruits or just the usual ones. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hi Ewlevy1

Do you cook all fruits or just the usual ones. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Just apples. Eat oranges and lychees raw...drink OJ. My variety is not very high...as I said in my original post that I've never really craved fruit. But it makes me feel better. Over the next year I will start digging deep and try to improve my fruit consumption along with variety.

tara

how to cook apples?
1. Peel, chop, boil in water with sugar and optional cinnamon to taste. Puree if desired. Combines well with berries, currants.

2. Core, stuff with raisins or dates and optional sugar, cinnamon or other spice to taste, bake in oven till soft. Can avoid eating skins if you want, but easier to bake in skins.
Serve with optional milk, custard, ice cream.

3. When roasting mutton etc, add several cored apples to the pan in the last hour.

encerent

With the bad quality of fruit around here, I feel like I'm better off snacking on gummy bears and coconut oil fried potato and tortilla chips.

keith

With the bad quality of fruit around here, I feel like I'm better off snacking on gummy bears and coconut oil fried potato and tortilla chips.

You could cook frozen fruit, or make it into a frozen smoothie if you can't get fresh. I can't get much good fresh fruit where I live, except apples, which I love, but do not love me back :(

I can get bags of frozen fruit, though, which makes a good smoothie with milk and/or OJ, depending on which fruit. I don't worry too much about bananas and berries. I think any fruit, provided it is ripe, so it doesn't cause intestinal distress, has more positives than negatives. I make my own bags of frozen bananas when I can get good, ripe, organic ones. I do the same with grapes, which mix well with OJ.

You may also be able to buy organic apple sauce and such. Not as good as home-made, but that's too much work for me, anyway. I find I do much better getting more calories through fruit than starches, particularly of the chip variety, but we're all different.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Just tried passion fruit for the first time today...I know they are seedy. But wow! Unbelievable!

superhuman

1. Peel, chop, boil in water with sugar and optional cinnamon to taste. Puree if desired. Combines well with berries, currants.

2. Core, stuff with raisins or dates and optional sugar, cinnamon or other spice to taste, bake in oven till soft. Can avoid eating skins if you want, but easier to bake in skins.
Serve with optional milk, custard, ice cream.

3. When roasting mutton etc, add several cored apples to the pan in the last hour.
:handok::kiss:

Ella

Forum Supporter
The perfect comfort food; stewed apples with custard or icecream. Rhuburb+ apples + citrus peel is yum. Could not get through the winter months without my stewed apples and pears. Great for keeping the tiger off my back.

Antonello

@Velve921 have you notice better response from whole fruit than juices?
I do get bloating and constipation from the juice and regular BM from whole fruits (even eat the white fiber between the skin and the orange doesn't give me intestinal irritation)

aquaman

@Velve921 have you notice better response from whole fruit than juices?
I do get bloating and constipation from the juice and regular BM from whole fruits (even eat the white fiber between the skin and the orange doesn't give me intestinal irritation)

Same.

Juices cause bloat and weight gain, whole fruits cause opposite

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals