Unlisted ingredients in commercial orange juices (FDA not required to label)

K

Kayaker

Yeah there are locals who grow food (I raise my own cattle/pork/poultry) but no locals are gana have fruit beyond Apple's in the winter time here.
When life gives you apples, make applesauce. Unless by "Apple's", you mean the kind you don't eat.

People should get into building their own greenhouses so they can grow food into the colder months.

I'm.No.One

When life gives you apples, make applesauce. Unless by "Apple's", you mean the kind you don't eat.

People should get into building their own greenhouses so they can grow food into the colder months.
I have a ton of apple sauce & a 700 square foot rimol greenhouse...

People really should get into understanding the limitations of greenhouses in mountain areas. I mean no one in real northern climates is capable of growing heat loving fruit in the winter. Greenhouse or not.

Anyhow, it's a bummer that the only half decent OJ in my area is actually toxic.

Take care.

Dr. B

People really should get into understanding the limitations of greenhouses in mountain areas. I mean no one in real northern climates is capable of growing heat loving fruit in the winter. Greenhouse or not.

Anyhow, it's a bummer that the only half decent OJ in my area is actually toxic.

Take care.
are you in rural parts of oregon?

I'm.No.One

are you in rural parts of oregon?
Yep, NE OR in the blue mountain range. We've got a whole 3 stores for 300,000+ people sprinkled out amongst many small towns.

K

Kayaker

Take care.
False. Multiple people on Youtube have shown that it's possible to grow tropical plants such as orange trees in cold climates. It depends on the design of the greenhouse. Furthermore, poor people have made many innovations to work around poverty and shared them online. Some of them don't even heat their greenhouses and manage to grow food during the winter. If you're going by huge heating bills or nothing at all for a normal greenhouse, obviously it will be inefficient from a cost perspective or ineffective from a growth perspective.

You should understand even better than me how important food is. We can't afford to just say "it can't be done". Food shortage will get worse, and communities with people who make the right choices will be more likely to survive. Independence is exactly what the people need to fight against monopoly. Who knows what else they'll put in orange juice. There was talk of genetically modifying oranges: What then?

Neeters 27

why would OJ manufactures add silica? what use would that have for them? I think more likely is irritation from unripe oranges, almost no OJs are 100% ripe. I also suspect some of them add in citric acid without labeling it
it is used as a clearing agent, particularly in winemaking. its not gonna hurt you. we are made of a certain amount of silica. silica is actually good for your joints, skin hair and nails.

BearWithMe

it is used as a clearing agent, particularly in winemaking. its not gonna hurt you. we are made of a certain amount of silica. silica is actually good for your joints, skin hair and nails.
This kind of silica is definitely not good for your joints, skin and hair

Neeters 27

This kind of silica is definitely not good for your joints, skin and hair
if it is silicone dioxide i agree. what scares me more is the use of Polysiloxane in almost EVERY liquid product that has to be bottled, it is a form of silicone that is like a lubricant for the nozzles to keep them from gunking up with oj and other beverages. I found out about this on some TV show a long time ago, its in cheap juices like Sunny D and Tampico, and probably in tons more that they dont tell us about! that stuff apparently never leaves your body!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals