Nervous energy

iLoveSugar

Has anyone ever dealt with nervous energy? Like body is so tense and fragile. In constant fight or flight?

I'm like this currently and have no reason to be. Need a way to calm myself.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I felt that a lot when I was hypo. A sort of tension all the time. Stress, low temps and low thyroid hormones did that for me.

Ground beef, potatoes, salt, milk, sugar and aspirin helped me a lot.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Did you need thyroid hormome as well? My temps are always low. I also have all of those things you mentioned daily.

Ben.

I had this around a year ago. Obviously stress plays its role in this, but for me there was (maybe still is) a internal issue going on.

If non of the peaty stuff helps/works i would suggest something like:

Breathing techniques or other stuff like muscle relaxation for parasympathethic activation (emphasize is on calming yourself down, no intense holds or hyperventilation stuff)
Make sure there is no social/relationship conflict or work related stress preventing you from getting better.
Try to make sure digestion works and you dont have congested lymphs/organs.

I would also try psoas rest release for 20-30 minutes. If you can doze of while lying flat on your back, on the floor, the relaxation effect is even better.

ANd perhaps if this remains chronic, regular sunexposure and pleasent walks in nature.

What you can try too is finding specific music to calm you. Binaural beats for example.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

My digestion is awful and always has been. I'm sure that doesn't help. And I work from home, and have no real stresses.... EXCEPT these health issues. It feels absolutely awful do be so nervous, tired, wired, tense, and achy. For unknown reasons.

Ben.

My digestion is awful and always has been. I'm sure that doesn't help. And I work from home, and have no real stresses.... EXCEPT these health issues. It feels absolutely awful do be so nervous, tired, wired, tense, and achy. For unknown reasons.

What doesnt help? Working on digestion?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

25+ years my digestion has been awful. Have tried everything from elimination diets to laxatives to probiotics, etc. It's just so sluggish, dry, etc. I do believe it's central to my issues, but I'm at a loss.

Ben.

25+ years my digestion has been awful. Have tried everything from elimination diets to laxatives to probiotics, etc. It's just so sluggish, dry, etc. I do believe it's central to my issues, but I'm at a loss.

I personally dont think elimination diets are good for anything but short term relief and living on alternative, not yet exhausted pathways. Laxatives dont solve underlying issues and probiotics just as antibiotics have the potential to mess a person up.

There are stomache massage techniques that are helpfull. The psoas release i mentioned above for example helped me instantly with acid reflux. Stuff is more interconnected than we think.

Have you tried enzyme or hcl supplements?
Ox bile?
L-Ornithine?
Antibiotics? Antihelminthics?
Liver/Gallbladder flush?
Have you had any postural damage?

Any lab work done?

Perhaps you can list up the stuff you did the past 25+ years in a simple list?
The issue that you describe, in addition with the lack of stress other than the health issues sounds defeniately like a internal issue.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Did you need thyroid hormome as well? My temps are always low. I also have all of those things you mentioned daily.
No I didn't use thyroid, but I used big doses of aspirin, such as around 2g daily. I also experimented with other supps, such as tribulus which also helped.
Winter made everything worse.

ChelseaQ

I am in the same boat. Nervous energy, anxiety. I feel like my nervous system is extremely sensitive- my flight/fight is easily triggered and my adrenaline is constantly ramped throughout the day. I am in menopause and came out of my first Alaskan winter. I loved winter, but I don't think I realized the stress that the darkness put on my body. I have recently been implementing some Ray Peat suggestions. My naturopath put me on Priority One Thyroid. My temps still hover around 97.5. Moving to Alaska last year was an amazing adventure- it is incredible here! I was so active and went exploring every free moment. Now my life seems to be reduced down to managing symptoms. Things that help: Taking extra salt when my adrenaline spikes, eating smaller, more frequent meals, and taking long walks in nature. Here in Alaska we are up to about 22 hours of sunlight and getting a lot of sunlight has been helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals