Severe Nerves And Tension

iLoveSugar

I'm sorry if I posted about this before. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

But what causes severe nerves and tension? It doesn't ever subside, but does get unmanageable in stores or public. I get so tense that my body just can't handle it. It's lik I am in danger of my life, am so scared and just get super tense and nervous. It's a terrible feeling.

Is it all from the gut?

Nokoni

Diokine

There are circuits in your nervous system that process negative emotion and anxiety. Specifically, the amygdala, hippocampus, and hypothalmus are connected in feedback loops that generally manage your emotion in this context. Disruptions in the damping or reflex of these circuits can lead to greatly exaggerated response, causing excessive anxiety and negative feelings. I think the fundamental cause of these disruptions is from dis-regulation of nervous timing and pattern, the head of which is the circadian rhythm. Calcium channel signalling, GABA activity, NMDA, etc., all play roles in the response of these circuits, and so it may be helpful to address them specifically. Disruptions in gluco and mineral - corticoid synthesis and maintenance will play also play a role. The chief of all of these circuits is the serotonin system. In this sense the gut can have a huge impact, and is probably the largest factor to consider. The gut has it's own nervous system which feeds back into these at a very fundamental level.

The chronic muscular tension generally is an effect of chronic sympathetic nervous activation and cholinergic activity.

Becoming aware of the breath and working towards proper restful sleep would be excellent therapy. Or lots of pregnenolone.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I do get lots of sun and I tan also.

My gut is awful. Constipation is bad. Transit is terrible, and my stomach always aches. It definitely causes severe lethargy.

ddjd

Nokoni

so it would be healing to the CNS? i have lots of nerve issues and the only thing thats come close to helping is pregnenolone
Pregnenolone yields progesterone which yields 5a-dihydroprogesterone (which is very important for proper nerve function), but only through activity of 5a-reductase. And 5a-reductase declines with age or due to significant stress, which can therefore result in pathologically low levels of 5a-DHP. If your level of 5a-DHP has become too low you are likely to notice a significant improvement from supplementing it directly. And very quickly too.

HLP

Eat fruits like watermelon, cherries, grapes, pineapple, mango, papaya, just not ones like strawberries where you can avoid eating the seeds. Take some cascara to fix your constipation. Carrots and cooked mushrooms daily as well.

J

James IV

I struggle badly. Starch wrecks me. I do eat some meat and cheese too. But this is through many dietary stages.

I remember. You've been on the forum for a long time. I hope you have at least made some progress in your health.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Cascara does nothing to move my bowels. Really nothing does. And I bleed non stop from straining.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals