Must the mind be fixed before gut issues and indigestion are addressed?

Filosofy

Gut dysbiosis and indigestion cannot be fixed unless energy, structure and tissue are sunk.

What does this mean?

If one is predominantly in the head, if one is high-strung, nervous, tense or often in a hurry, it will be very hard to fix bacterial overgrowth or indigestion no matter the biochemical protocol. Even the best antibiotic will not fix it: because even if you smash it gone for the time, it will be back, simply because the structure and alignment of your chest, oesophagus and stomach. I believe there is in western medicine a condition to do with a herniated stomach; the stomach has partially found its way above the diaphragm, and sits now like a fractional water balloon in part over it.

What to do, then?

Calm down. Peatians and myself are certainly overthinkers. I don’t blame us much. Health is tough in the age of data overload. But what seems like the remedy is often the problem. A constant use of the eyes to the computer is another thing that tenses the head and makes indolent the midriff and intestines. One needs to be in their body, in their heart and stomach (gut instinct), be dextrous because the fingers are a splendid way to get into feeling again.

Even Peat himself has mentioned a condition wherein adrenaline causes acids to regurgitate during sleep. This is "unrooted energy", which seeks the head (for some reason).

What does it mean to calm down?

It means to give your brain a rest for long stretches at a time several times during the day. Preferably a body practice should be implemented; something spontaneous and joyful like dance or frisbee; not another mechanistic institution like push-ups or gym equipment.

Life wants to be in the body (i.e. mind) and it doesn’t want linear movement.

Down the line, some people may get interested in more thorough body practices such as qigong or hatha yoga.

Enough overthinking already. Molecular Peatians should start seeing the forest in the trees.

And no, there are no studies on this. Even if there were, one would be missing the point. If one seeks validation for everything in the intellect, what happens?

Jah bless.

Interestingly enough, I had the same issue as you mention. 2 out of 3 bowel movements were diahreea and the other one was very low quality. That was caused by excess stress during my childhood, even if my life was kinda easy at that moment.

I needed a few years to learn a way to calm down.

What helped was:

1. SSRI (not recommended) - Knowing that my problem was high adrenaline and anxiety, SSRI did a good job calming my mind down, thus my bowel movement improved. I don´t recommend it, it makes you weak and suicidal. You may feel like a god for the first months, but then you crash into a depressive state.
2. Eat easy digestible food in big quantities. Focus on carbs and protein.
3. Eat every 2 hours to calm down cortisol.
4. Progesterone
5. Jerk off no more than once a week. You may feel prolactin strong.

Point 2., 3. and 4. are crucial. Take a vitamine B3 here and there, increases GABA and puts you to sleep. Take 1g at once with a big carb meal.

Progesterone is what helped me the most in the beggining. It gives you a calm state of mind and you care less about your problems.

Ben.

Calm down. Peatians and myself are certainly overthinkers. I don’t blame us much. Health is tough in the age of data overload. But what seems like the remedy is often the problem. A constant use of the eyes to the computer is another thing that tenses the head and makes indolent the midriff and intestines. One needs to be in their body, in their heart and stomach (gut instinct), be dextrous because the fingers are a splendid way to get into feeling again.

Even Peat himself has mentioned a condition wherein adrenaline causes acids to regurgitate during sleep. This is "unrooted energy", which seeks the head (for some reason).

What does it mean to calm down?

It means to give your brain a rest for long stretches at a time several times during the day. Preferably a body practice should be implemented; something spontaneous and joyful like dance or frisbee; not another mechanistic institution like push-ups or gym equipment.

This hits home so much. Can't wait for december to be over. One of things i planned to do is literally shutting down the mind (it can be done by practice) and spend time outside as much as possible getting sunlight. I believe this will be even more effective when winter is over. One can call it walking meditation or w/e. Going outside and just be.

Stopping to use electronical devises too as much as possible which currently are omnipresent every minute, that one is big too. The whole pandemic and fighting for freedom does not make this journey any easier tho.

Much of the knowledge gathered here for health improvement can be applied without overthinking them. Making it practical basically.

InChristAlone

This is so timely. Thank-you.

I recently had a small nervous breakdown from being tense and anxious much of the time and I had to come back to what I know but wasn't practicing.

Someone who helped get me back to the present and out of my head is Sydney Banks:

“You are one thought away from happiness, one thought away from sadness. The secret lies in thought.”

“And in this game of life, we all search for ourselves. When I say selves, I mean ‘inner selves’, the thing that created the life in the first place. Now consciously, most of us are not aware of this. But if you’re searching for happiness; if you’re searching for tranquility; if you’re searching just to have a nice, peaceful, loving, understanding life... in actual fact, your searching for your inner self.”

And a follower of Syd Banks is this amazing man Dicken Bettinger:

If I ever have a racing mind and can't seem to get off the rollercoaster ride I listen to him and always come back to the present. We all have peace within us, it can never be broken, it is always there. We don't need to meditate 4 hours a day, we don't need a protocol, we don't need to keep searching for the answer, the answer is already there within us.

I have to consciously avoid a lot of topics on this forum because many of us are fearful overthinkers and some of the topics steer people into a path of fear and suffering. Which means most of the covid topics are off limits for me. Come back to the present, we are okay.

stressless

One of things i planned to do is literally shutting down the mind (it can be done by practice)

Ben, could you go into more detail on how you practice being able to shut down the mind?

It seems the harder I try to stop intrusive/repetitive thoughts, the worse they get.

InChristAlone

Ben, could you go into more detail on how you practice being able to shut down the mind?

It seems the harder I try to stop intrusive/repetitive thoughts, the worse they get.
The harder you try to get rid of a thought the longer that thought will stick around. Anxiety lives in the resistance. Surrender to the thoughts and sensations and they disappear because no longer are you fighting them.

K

Kayaker

The harder you try to get rid of a thought the longer that thought will stick around. Anxiety lives in the resistance. Surrender to the thoughts and sensations and they disappear because no longer are you fighting them.
Yes, the resistance is the anxiety, except in a different form.

To relieve anxiety you must surrender to the thoughts. To do that, you must be able to relax, if you can't, then you may have some hormonal issues, a lack of progesterone or chronic high cortisol.

InChristAlone

To relieve anxiety you must surrender to the thoughts. To do that, you must be able to relax, if you can't, then you may have some hormonal issues, a lack of progesterone or chronic high cortisol.
No relaxation necessary to surrender. It is in the surrendering and running towards your anxious thoughts and sensations that relieves stress.

Ben.

Sometimes a thought carussel can be a symptom of a acute internal stress (gut constipation, inflammation, etc.). In such a case no amount of breath work, meditation or "not thinking" can help.
In that case some epsom salt/activated charcoal or "w/e works for you" can do wonders to find some quick relief. and trying to find something distracting (or a good nights sleep) until the "phase" is over.

But if we talk about chronic and excessive thinking then what i ment with my post was simply not thinking. That is something one can actively do, as wierd as it sounds. Its not some effort holding back something or fighting anything. It's more like flipping a switch that turns this over stressed, analitical part of the brain off. Your somewhere else completly if that makes sense.

Not sure how to describe it. I guess its best described as going in to observation mode. There isn't much emotion or thoughts. No concept of future or past. Its just here, now. What your eyes see, what your ears hear. No more, no less. No other thing stimulating you. No thoughts or memories or feelings due to reminiscing - no neurons excessevily firing. Observing the structure of the wall in the living room or the complexity of natural randomness that is the visual maze of a bush infront of ones house. Sounds stupid perhaps but no harm in trying it for 2 minutes. I can barely do that longer than 10-15 minutes to be honest.

Dont mistake this with breathing practises trying to influence your heart or lungs. Nor should you mistake it with meditation. No spiritual ascending. No wierd body practices. Just your most basic, animalistic behaviour which is observing.

Thats what i ment i ment, make of that what you will. But i have to say this has been the most effective way to reduce stress thus far handsdown in acute situations. No supplement or food could compare. I actually only came across this idea based off a book that was elaborating that "not thinking" is the only other state in which the brain goes into healing other than during sleeping. Not sure how much truth there is to that. But i simply tried that and it seemed to do me well in 2 situations where i felt like going down from what i can only describe as burnout and panic attack caused by stress.

Realy need to remind myself more often to do that and make a habit of it. Reminds me of the times when i was a kid just looking at the sky doing nothing, watching the clouds pass by.

Last edited:
No relaxation necessary to surrender. It is in the surrendering and running towards your anxious thoughts and sensations that relieves stress.
Look, a person who is let´s say socially anxious, will try to get outside and socialize to conquer that fear. If that person is not stress resilient, have low hormones and he is always tired, the anxiety will always be present, the only difference is that he will become more courageous about conquering his fear, but fear will still be there. He will be socially awkward for years to come, even if he tried so hard to conquer it. He will expose himself because he knows that it helps, but he will never be seen as the confident guy.

stressless

Sometimes a thought carussel can be a symptom of a acute internal stress (gut constipation, inflammation, etc.). In such a case no amount of breath work, meditation or "not thinking" can help.
In that case some epsom salt/activated charcoal or "w/e works for you" can do wonders to find some quick relief. and trying to find something distracting (or a good nights sleep) until the "phase" is over.

But if we talk about chronic and excessive thinking then what i ment with my post was simply not thinking. That is something one can actively do, as wierd as it sounds. Its not some effort holding back something or fighting anything. It's more like flipping a switch that turns this over stressed, analitical part of the brain off. Your somewhere else completly if that makes sense.

Not sure how to describe it. I guess its best described as going in to observation mode. There isn't much emotion or thoughts. No concept of future or past. Its just here, now. What your eyes see, what your ears hear. No more, no less. No other thing stimulating you. No thoughts or memories or feelings due to reminiscing - no neurons excessevily firing. Observing the structure of the wall in the living room or the complexity of natural randomness that is the visual maze of a bush infront of ones house. Sounds stupid perhaps but no harm in trying it for 2 minutes. I can barely do that longer than 10-15 minutes to be honest.

Dont mistake this with breathing practises trying to influence your heart or lungs. Nor should you mistake it with meditation. No spiritual ascending. No wierd body practices. Just your most basic, animalistic behaviour which is observing.

Thats what i ment i ment, make of that what you will. But i have to say this has been the most effective way to reduce stress thus far handsdown in acute situations. No supplement or food could compare. I actually only came across this idea based off a book that was elaborating that "not thinking" is the only other state in which the brain goes into healing other than during sleeping. Not sure how much truth there is to that. But i simply tried that and it seemed to do me well in 2 situations where i felt like going down from what i can only describe as burnout and panic attack caused by stress.

Realy need to remind myself more often to do that and make a habit of it. Reminds me of the times when i was a kid just looking at the sky doing nothing, watching the clouds pass by.

The thought carousel vs chronic/excessive thinking is a good distinction. Sometimes my racing thoughts manifest in physical form like an upset stomach or other physical symtoms of "fear" or something similar, in which case it's hard to really turn it off since I still "feel" the thought even if I'm not thinking about it.

But I do want to practice more with the second part of being more present and turning off the thoughts when I can. I focus so much on the physical side of wellness, ie. eating correctly, getting enough sleep, nutrients, etc... but don't want to forget how powerful the brain is.

This is really helpful - I appreciate the time you took to explain this :) I know it's a tricky thing to turn into words.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals