Stopping 1 grain thyroid cold turkey

mgrabs

started 1 grain of NP to lower my TSH. I used iodine for a month which increased my t3 to 3.7. T4 to 1.1 but my tsh was 15. Its usually 4. Ive been getting more hypo since starting thyroid. Hair is dry still shedding. Libido is tanked. Hand tremor constant pulsating by neck. Nervous energy. But also no motivation. Tinnitus. Its been 18 days and i want to stop but i feel like I’ve been “ woohing” too much back and forth. I feel bad for my thyroid to be honest. I have no hashimotos or anitbodies. A hormone doctor had me on it a year ago to be “ “optimal” i used to be great on it until i ran into overdose symtoms a year ago and wanted to stop. So i did. Fast forward to a few months later i was very tired but i did feel my body try and reach homeostasis and rebalance after 5 months but i never gave it enough time? Always experimented with iodine to help but just gave me nervous energy. I just want to stop completely and see if my hair starts to thrive again and mood energy etc. im only 27 yrs old. (Male)

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I'd personally ditch any iodine supplements.
I've stopped NDT cold turkey many times before, on and off with no major issues.
I need it especially during the cold season and feel better when on some form of thyroid at least few times a week.

Vileplume

I'd personally ditch any iodine supplements.
I've stopped NDT cold turkey many times before, on and off with no major issues.
I need it especially during the cold season and feel better when on some form of thyroid at least few times a week.
Do you feel better with Tyromax, compared to cynoplus/cynomel?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Do you feel better with Tyromax, compared to cynoplus/cynomel?
I don't know... I only used Cynoplus/Cynomel for a short period of time as cutting and dosing them was a major PIA for me.

I feel that Cynoplus/Cynomel got me out of the dumps initially and I maintained a dump free life with occasional (and seasonally regular) Tyromax.

I want to experiment with Tyromix as Ray had verbalized some possible concerns with oral MCT ingestion.

Vileplume

I don't know... I only used Cynoplus/Cynomel for a short period of time as cutting and dosing them was a major PIA for me.

I feel that Cynoplus/Cynomel got me out of the dumps initially and I maintained a dump free life with occasional (and seasonally regular) Tyromax.

I want to experiment with Tyromix as Ray had verbalized some possible concerns with oral MCT ingestion.
Thanks

A-Tim

CM/CP dosing seems like a pain in the **** for anyone requiring low doses, which is pretty much everyone starting off.

I think it was Danny Roddy who said in one of his last interviews that it would be great if Haidut released an alternative to Tyronene, where 1 drop = 1mcg T3, as the current 1 drop = 8mcg T3 is too high for many people's dosing requirements.

redsun

started 1 grain of NP to lower my TSH. I used iodine for a month which increased my t3 to 3.7. T4 to 1.1 but my tsh was 15. Its usually 4. Ive been getting more hypo since starting thyroid. Hair is dry still shedding. Libido is tanked. Hand tremor constant pulsating by neck. Nervous energy. But also no motivation. Tinnitus. Its been 18 days and i want to stop but i feel like I’ve been “ woohing” too much back and forth. I feel bad for my thyroid to be honest. I have no hashimotos or anitbodies. A hormone doctor had me on it a year ago to be “ “optimal” i used to be great on it until i ran into overdose symtoms a year ago and wanted to stop. So i did. Fast forward to a few months later i was very tired but i did feel my body try and reach homeostasis and rebalance after 5 months but i never gave it enough time? Always experimented with iodine to help but just gave me nervous energy. I just want to stop completely and see if my hair starts to thrive again and mood energy etc. im only 27 yrs old. (Male)
According to Peat, your own thyroid hormone production does bounce back quickly but you will just go back to whatever your baseline is. Dont feel bad for your thyroid, nothing is happening to it. I think you mean your body, which is clearly drained and gasping for relief based on your symptoms. Probably should get off thyroid if you end up like this. So you need to work on fixing your diet and lifestyle if you want things to work the right way. I am assuming you megadosed the iodine which is just going to cause issues sooner or later.

Just iodine rarely solves anything unless your dietary iodine intake specifically is low because you avoid or don't eat enough of foods containing iodine. You need the whole array of micronutrients and good macro ratios if you want the body to work better, which includes iodine but there is more to it.

OP
M

mgrabs

According to Peat, your own thyroid hormone production does bounce back quickly but you will just go back to whatever your baseline is. Dont feel bad for your thyroid, nothing is happening to it. I think you mean your body, which is clearly drained and gasping for relief based on your symptoms. Probably should get off thyroid if you end up like this. So you need to work on fixing your diet and lifestyle if you want things to work the right way. I am assuming you megadosed the iodine which is just going to cause issues sooner or later.

Just iodine rarely solves anything unless your dietary iodine intake specifically is low because you avoid or don't eat enough of foods containing iodine. You need the whole array of micronutrients and good macro ratios if you want the body to work better, which includes iodine but there is more to it.
This all makes perfect sense. Ive learned that this NP thyroid suppresses TSH. Does it also lower t3 & t3. Because prior to starting (a month ago) my t3 was the highest its been top of range at 3.7. I’m afraid that since i started this is shot it all down. Anytime someone tries to find about information about thyroid hormone, the hypothyroidism community says youll die if you stop thyroid hormone. So its tough to ask because all of them I’ve learned have the WORST diets & lifestyles
To begin with. I’m a very healthy guy. 27 200lbs lean & active. I work construction so I’m on my feet all day doing manual labor. I eat very well but at the time when my doc started me on thyroid help i was a mess. If i just focused on diet and proper nutrients I would’ve been fine. Fast forward 3 years of super healthy lifestyle changes, it seems like thyroid doesn’t have that great effect it used to have. So I’m confused, which is why i wanna stop with these crazy symptoms

redsun

This all makes perfect sense. Ive learned that this NP thyroid suppresses TSH. Does it also lower t3 & t3. Because prior to starting (a month ago) my t3 was the highest its been top of range at 3.7. I’m afraid that since i started this is shot it all down. Anytime someone tries to find about information about thyroid hormone, the hypothyroidism community says youll die if you stop thyroid hormone. So its tough to ask because all of them I’ve learned have the WORST diets & lifestyles
To begin with. I’m a very healthy guy. 27 200lbs lean & active. I work construction so I’m on my feet all day doing manual labor. I eat very well but at the time when my doc started me on thyroid help i was a mess. If i just focused on diet and proper nutrients I would’ve been fine. Fast forward 3 years of super healthy lifestyle changes, it seems like thyroid doesn’t have that great effect it used to have. So I’m confused, which is why i wanna stop with these crazy symptoms
Yeh you'll be fine if you stop. If you work construction you need to eat really heavy, calorie dense foods like eggs, red meat, some milk, plenty of carbs from starch and whatever else you need to reach caloric requirements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals