Minoxidil + DMSO

Matestube

I tried Minoxidil for 9 months back in 2016 on my beard area to fill in the gaps, it worked but disappointingly so, so I gave up the experiment.

I still have some gaps that I'm trying to fill in, and recently had the idea to add 5% DMSO to the bottle of Minoxidil in the hope it would work better.

Lots of reports indicate that when Minoxidil fails to grow hair in the host, it's because said host lacks sufficient amounts of sulfotransferase enzymes.

I can't be bothered to add Retinol or Tretinoin.

From a chemical stand point, and aside from the fact that adding DMSO will de facto make Minoxidil work better, as DMSO is a sulfur compound, does it play a role in adding sulfotransferase enzyme activity ?

yerrag

I was just reviewing my notes from Vollmer's book on DMSO, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to mix DMSO with a pharma drug. Amanda advises against it if Minoxidil is considered a pharma drug.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I was just reviewing my notes from Vollmer's book on DMSO, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to mix DMSO with a pharma drug. Amanda advises against it if Minoxidil is considered a pharma drug.

I think we need to analyze on a case by case basis what the effects of said drug are, and what are the consequences of amplifying its effects with DMSO.

Thanks for the Vollmer reference, will check it out.

yerrag

I think we need to analyze on a case by case basis what the effects of said drug are, and what are the consequences of amplifying its effects with DMSO.

Thanks for the Vollmer reference, will check it out.
You're welcome.

I think why she doesn't recommend DMSO for pharma substances is that the concern that harmful side effects would be amplified. And when a full understanding of these side effete are not available, dealing with them would be very dicey.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals