Milk And Sugar Making Me Hold Onto Water

andy

Could someone please explain why when I have about 2 pints of milk a day and sugar as well (could be white tablesugar) my body bloats up.I know this because when I eliminate the milk and just eat potatoes as carbohydrate soure then after a couple of days I urinate a lot at night and then my abdomen seems to shrink down.I know this because it no longer protrudes.when I do bloat up I do kind of look very fat in the middle.Other thing is when I do cut out the milk and sugar then sleep is just impossible.Potatoes don't seem to have the same effect as sugar(sucrose,fruit juice etc)Thanks for any help

Stilgar

You could be missing out on vitamins or minerals in the potatoes that aren't in milk in the same amounts. Magnesium, thiamine, b6 etc.

tomisonbottom

Could someone please explain why when I have about 2 pints of milk a day and sugar as well (could be white tablesugar) my body bloats up.I know this because when I eliminate the milk and just eat potatoes as carbohydrate soure then after a couple of days I urinate a lot at night and then my abdomen seems to shrink down.I know this because it no longer protrudes.when I do bloat up I do kind of look very fat in the middle.Other thing is when I do cut out the milk and sugar then sleep is just impossible.Potatoes don't seem to have the same effect as sugar(sucrose,fruit juice etc)Thanks for any help
Too much liquid and not enough salt.
Try adding salt to it. Sometimes I make a "sea salt caramel mocha" with salt, gelatin, milk, sugar and chocolate.

Also, you're probably hypo, so enzymes would help digest stuff until your metabolism is better

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Are you drinking low fat milk?

OP
A

andy

Yes I drink low fat milk.My hands are very cold in winter and trying to warm them up means I have to eat a lot of sugar and milk and quite quickly my hands warm up.I have been using about a teaspoon of salt a day .is that enough?If I am hypo( which I suspect) does it mean I have to take a thyroid supplement.About a year ago I had my doctor check things and he said my thyroid is fine.I take 150 mg magnesium a day and 25mg b6 as well as other supplements.I have reduced my coconut oil to about a tablespoon a day(gone low fat )to see if this helps.If I do take enzymes what should I take ie hcl or a full enzyme complex to digest fats and protein.Matt stone I read somewhere says to warm up you need more starch .Also masterjohn recommends more carbohydrate for sleep problems.I do know low carbs means insomnia.In the context of my problem could It be that sucrose is causing bloating(white tablesugar)If so then does It mean I should just start eating more starches (ie white bread and biscuits etc) just to warm me up.Thanks for all your help.cheers

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals