Methods To Reduce Allergic Reaction From Foods?/diet Advice

DannyIrons™

Protocol would like something like this:

2g SAM-e/methionine
1g TMG
1x B-complex
1-2g calcium

Doesnt matter when you take it just keep in mind you may feel drowsy from the methyl donors if you take them during the day since they metabolize histamine and other neurotransmitters (via COMT) that are responsible for wakefulness. So you have to test to see if you have that problem. Try it for a few weeks and then stop for a week. See where you are at in regards to histamine problems. Basically you dont want to take too much that you end up with too low histamine but you need to reduce it enough that way your symptoms are significantly lessened.
Thank you. Did/do you suffer with histamine problems?

meatbag

hey man, regarding carbs is it okay to do like 1.5g carbs to 1g protein, similar to the ratio in milk which is 12g carbs 8g protein?
its just with 2:1 carbs to protein, the calories become very high. my fats are at about 75g, mostly due to a half gallon whole milk. id like to keep that whole milk in.
Low Blood Sugar Basics – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Ray Peat, PhD on Low Blood Sugar & Stress Reaction – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

It seems like there are a lot of variables, how healhty a person liver is (glycogen storage), their thyroid function, etc . So it's hard to say for certain, I know when I was drinking whole milk I started gaining a lot of weight but I still needed and wanted as many carbs as before. I guess try and see and if you start getting symptoms of hypoglycemia you know you need more carbs

meatbag

The methionine you consume in your diet has many different functions. Not too mention any food rich in methionine is also rich in histidine. So even if you would like to think you get enough thats not it works. When you degrade histamine with methylation, you lose a methyl group as it is excreted together (N-methylhistamine). Most of methylation is used in creatine and phosphatidylcholine synthesis.

If you have high histamine, taking methyl donors will reduce histamine load over time.
do you have any studies showing that's the case?

Dr. B

Protocol would like something like this:

2g SAM-e/methionine
1g TMG
1x B-complex
1-2g calcium

Doesnt matter when you take it just keep in mind you may feel drowsy from the methyl donors if you take them during the day since they metabolize histamine and other neurotransmitters (via COMT) that are responsible for wakefulness. So you have to test to see if you have that problem. Try it for a few weeks and then stop for a week. See where you are at in regards to histamine problems. Basically you dont want to take too much that you end up with too low histamine but you need to reduce it enough that way your symptoms are significantly lessened.
calcium is an antihistamine/pro methylation?

Dr. B

do you have any studies showing that's the case?
somehow methyl donors/etc do reduce histamine,
but im curious why Ray likes antihistamine chemicals like cyproheptadine but doesnt like methylation, he doesnt like supplementing any methyl donors besides b12/b9 if needed iirc and those might have much less methyl present considering theyre in mcg amounts

meatbag

somehow methyl donors/etc do reduce histamine,
but im curious why Ray likes antihistamine chemicals like cyproheptadine but doesnt like methylation, he doesnt like supplementing any methyl donors besides b12/b9 if needed iirc and those might have much less methyl present considering theyre in mcg amounts
do you have any studies that demonstrate this?

youngsinatra

Copper deficiency and lack of dietary retinol is a major cause of allergies in my opinion. Lack of copper leads to low level activity of the major histamine-degradation enzymes, leaving you with higher histamine levels and poor control of serum histamines when high histamine foods are consumed.

Beef liver, whole food vitamin C really help, but go low and slow.
I am recovering from the opposite condition now - overmethylation with low histamines. I had severe histamine intolerance in the past.

meatbag

Copper deficiency and lack of dietary retinol is a major cause of allergies in my opinion. Lack of copper leads to low level activity of the major histamine-degradation enzymes, leaving you with higher histamine levels and poor control of serum histamines when high histamine foods are consumed.

I am recovering from the opposite condition now - overmethylation with low histamines. I had severe histamine intolerance in the past.
Do you have any studies demonstrating that copper and retinol lower histamine?

DannyIrons™

What were your symptoms of histamine? And what triggered them?

youngsinatra

What were your symptoms of histamine? And what triggered them?
With histamine intolerance or with low histamines?

With histamine intolerance it was rapid heart beat, irregular heart beat, dizziness, extreme brain fog, fatigue, anxiety/panic attacks after eating, digestive issues, hives, itching skin, headaches.

DannyIrons™

With histamine intolerance or with low histamines?

With histamine intolerance it was rapid heart beat, irregular heart beat, dizziness, extreme brain fog, fatigue, anxiety/panic attacks after eating, digestive issues, hives, itching skin, headaches.
How do you know that wasn't food allergies or intolerances? I'm trying to figure out the difference myself, as I also react to so called low histamine foods as well.

SOMO

I believe RP mentions salt as being an antihistamine, so increase your salt intake. In general, keep salt intake high. It can be difficult to keep sodium and chloride high if your diet is high in fruit or foods that don't wish to be salted.

DannyIrons™

I believe RP mentions salt as being an antihistamine, so increase your salt intake. In general, keep salt intake high. It can be difficult to keep sodium and chloride high if your diet is high in fruit or foods that don't wish to be salted.
Thanks for the suggestion @SOMO but my salt intake is fairly high already. I add salt to nearly everything, which is probably because of hypothyroidism.

youngsinatra

How do you know that wasn't food allergies or intolerances? I'm trying to figure out the difference myself, as I also react to so called low histamine foods as well.
DAO supplements taken 15min before a meal gave insane relief.

JacobG

You have to fix your microbiome and intestinal permeability. In that case your body wont produce so much histamine anymore and the sensitivities and allergies slowly fade away.

Dr. B

You have to fix your microbiome and intestinal permeability. In that case your body wont produce so much histamine anymore and the sensitivities and allergies slowly fade away.
how do we fix those things? does milk, honey help

Dave Clark

Dr. B

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals