Methods To Reduce Allergic Reaction From Foods?/diet Advice

DannyIrons™

what kind of symptoms of allerginicity are you noticing from what foods? Do you find eating makes you feel bloated and fatigued? Have you gotten any blood work? (vitamin D, etc.)
Main one is nasal inflammation, but also tired/sleepiness, fatigue, itchy skin. Not always bloating but sometimes.
I have extreme rhinitis, I haven’t found any food that doesn’t cause at least mild nasal congestion. Yeah Vitamin D always shows up low. However 10 days in sunny Egypt didn’t help symptoms.

meatbag

Main one is nasal inflammation, but also tired/sleepiness, fatigue, itchy skin. Not always bloating but sometimes.
I have extreme rhinitis, I haven’t found any food that doesn’t cause at least mild nasal congestion. Yeah Vitamin D always shows up low. However 10 days in sunny Egypt didn’t help symptoms.
what is your diet like? What kind of foods have you noticed cause or don't cause the symptoms?

meatbag

Also what supplements? I know I recall from one of the herb doctor's and also an interview with Danny Roddy that some supplements can cause really bad allergic reactions

redsun

Based on those symptoms, You probably have too much histamine. You need methyl donors to reduce histamine overload.

Methionine, SAM-e, TMG, all can help provide more methyl donors to reduce histamine. If you take these you need to take B-complex with it. Zinc can also help if not you can just get more from the diet.

Vitamin D is low and is needed to absorb calcium so taking it would be beneficial. Calcium helps increase adrenal activity which opposes histamine.

meatbag

Based on those symptoms, You probably have too much histamine. You need methyl donors to reduce histamine overload.

Methionine, SAM-e, TMG, all can help provide more methyl donors to reduce histamine. If you take these you need to take B-complex with it. Zinc can also help if not you can just get more from the diet.

Vitamin D is low and is needed to absorb calcium so taking it would be beneficial. Calcium helps increase adrenal activity which opposes histamine.
how would methyl donors effect histamine?

redsun

Have you seen any experiments where providing methyl donors lowers histamine?
Thats exactly how most histamine is degraded in the body. The enzyme is called Histamine methyltransferase (HMT). Low DAO is also a possibility and probably occurs together with low HMT activity in most people with these kinds of problems. DAO depends on riboflavin and copper.

meatbag

Thats exactly how most histamine is degraded in the body. The enzyme is called Histamine methyltransferase (HMT). Low DAO is also a possibility and probably occurs together with low HMT activity in most people with these kinds of problems. DAO depends on riboflavin and copper.
yeah, I'm just wondering if someone was having an allergic reaction, if you gave them methionine, would it stop?

Like if a person consumes sufficient amounts of methionine and they still get an allerigc reaction, would consuming more methionine stop the allergies?

Last edited:

DannyIrons™

what is your diet like? What kind of foods have you noticed cause or don't cause the symptoms?
Well, in the morning I usually eat eggs, which I know are generally allergenic, but I don't seem to get immediate bad effects from them, whether they cause me issues later on it's hard to tell. I eat watermelon, plenty of white sugar, coke, sometimes grapes and oranges, sometimes juice if it's not too sour. I eat beef, some sea bass, white rice, lots of beef tallow, etc.. Dairy, as cliche as it is, causes me issues, though cottage cheese not as instant.

DannyIrons™

Also what supplements? I know I recall from one of the herb doctor's and also an interview with Danny Roddy that some supplements can cause really bad allergic reactions
I have about 10,000 of VIt D (Vigantol), some eggshell powder, as well not sure if it causes issues. Everything causes an issue to a degree so it's nigh on impossible to single stuff out, unless the reaction is super obvious. I take Thyroid now, which has been my most effective supplement so far, I don't like taking supplements usually because I just find it can get messy and have never found much relief from them.

DannyIrons™

If you had to give someone one supplement that you think would be most effective to combat histamine issues, what would it be? The problem is I also get problems from non-histamine foods too. How much calcium and Vit D would you recommend for such issues?

PaRa

If you had to give someone one supplement that you think would be most effective to combat histamine issues, what would it be? The problem is I also get problems from non-histamine foods too. How much calcium and Vit D would you recommend for such issues?
lots of dairy as protein, high dose whole foood vitamin C, vitamin E, copper rich foods (chocolate, liver), lowering beef and pork meat (histidine rich), coffee

dairies/calcium rich food will causes issues at first because calcium promotes the liberation of histamine but it the end it will leads to lowered histamine pool so just go through it and in a week you'll won't have any histamine lvl left

Dave Clark

Histamine is degraded by methylation.
This may help with methylatyion:

redsun

You can't go well with just one. You need the methyl donors first and foremost, SAM-e or methionine + B-vitamins. TMG can also be taken as it uses another pathway to provide methyl donors. Adequate choline should be consumed in the diet. If you are undermethylated you cant make much choline endogenously since choline synthesis needs 3 SAM-e molecules to make one phosphatidylcholine molecule (which can be cleaved to make choline if necessary). Getting enough choline can help spare methyl donors for other processes that would otherwise be used to make choline.

You should try and get 1g of calcium daily if not more.

redsun

yeah, I'm just wondering if someone was having an allergic reaction, if you gave them methionine, would it stop?

Like if a person consumes sufficient amounts of methionine and they still get an allerigc reaction, would consuming more methionine stop the allergies?

The methionine you consume in your diet has many different functions. Not too mention any food rich in methionine is also rich in histidine. So even if you would like to think you get enough thats not it works. When you degrade histamine with methylation, you lose a methyl group as it is excreted together (N-methylhistamine). Most of methylation is used in creatine and phosphatidylcholine synthesis.

If you have high histamine, taking methyl donors will reduce histamine load over time.

DannyIrons™

You can't go well with just one. You need the methyl donors first and foremost, SAM-e or methionine + B-vitamins. TMG can also be taken as it uses another pathway to provide methyl donors. Adequate choline should be consumed in the diet. If you are undermethylated you cant make much choline endogenously since choline synthesis needs 3 SAM-e molecules to make one phosphatidylcholine molecule (which can be cleaved to make choline if necessary). Getting enough choline can help spare methyl donors for other processes that would otherwise be used to make choline.

You should try and get 1g of calcium daily if not more.
Thank you greatly for taking the time to reply @redsun. What would a typical effective protocol with these methyl donors look like? How much, what time of day, how to know if you're taking too much etc.. I appreciate you're well read up in this area, but I don't think the layman with histamine problems are going to understand much of what you've written.

Dr. B

Liver is hard to digest. I know Peat has recommended to consume it with fat such as cooked in a lot of butter and maybe have some ice-cream after. The protein in eggs, steak, liver, etc. needs to be balanced with carbohydrate; 2:1 carbs : protein has been discussed and seems like a good ballpark.

Low blood sugar increases sensitivity to all kinds of things. If you feel like you're having stress reaction you could try having a bottle of coke ( I heard this mentioned on a podcast , I'll try to track it down)
hey man, regarding carbs is it okay to do like 1.5g carbs to 1g protein, similar to the ratio in milk which is 12g carbs 8g protein?
its just with 2:1 carbs to protein, the calories become very high. my fats are at about 75g, mostly due to a half gallon whole milk. id like to keep that whole milk in.

redsun

Thank you greatly for taking the time to reply @redsun. What would a typical effective protocol with these methyl donors look like? How much, what time of day, how to know if you're taking too much etc.. I appreciate you're well read up in this area, but I don't think the layman with histamine problems are going to understand much of what you've written.

Protocol would like something like this:

2g SAM-e/methionine
1g TMG
1x B-complex
1-2g calcium

Doesnt matter when you take it just keep in mind you may feel drowsy from the methyl donors if you take them during the day since they metabolize histamine and other neurotransmitters (via COMT) that are responsible for wakefulness. So you have to test to see if you have that problem. Try it for a few weeks and then stop for a week. See where you are at in regards to histamine problems. Basically you dont want to take too much that you end up with too low histamine but you need to reduce it enough that way your symptoms are significantly lessened.

Dr. B

so, i would quite like to experiment with eggs and maybe oysters but am super aprehensive to try either as i have had crazy reactions to "normal foods" like a weird clostrophobic panic after eating cod a couple of months ago, near aniphalaxis after eating chicken (it was fatty thighs so probably high pufa) around last year and some anxiety, depression and stomach upset i think from eggs also some time last year. i heard danny roddy mention 'reacting badly to normal foods' in one of his yt vids though he only mentioned milk which resolved after taking anti biotics. i suspect ihave sibo so i plan to try AB's at some point but currently i could do with something other than milk and oj to consume (i'm not limited to these because im trying to emulate peats diet but because they give me the least issues). i am eating a rib eye steak (250g avg) every other day usually but i don't feel good after eating meat most of the time or if i abstain for too long. according to cronometer i am low in i think b3, b6 and maybe zinc and/or selenium on days that i dont eat meat, i am drinking 2 to 3 ltrs of (just switched to as an experiment) semi skimmed goats milk and juice from 4 large oranges maybe every other day, store bought oj as an when i fancy, maybe a glass or two a day. oh and plenty of sugar with milk, liver every couple of weeks which i ate earlier and has made me feel anxious and erratic (fairly common) which is probably well represented in this post. any input appreciated :)
i dont have any issues with any foods including gluten, gmo processed soy, corn, shellfish etc but eggs have given me issues before. not one egg but in particular if i eat several eggs at once or the egg whites. im not sure what causes it. i havent tried oysters so i cant say. but there is something in eggs that causes reactions, maybe it depends simply on what theyre fed, but the odd thing is even if theyre fed soy, corn etc i dont see why that would cause issues in people who can tolerate those?
progesterone and sugar should help reduce allergic type reactions, i think danny or ray or both said that. some people could tolerate milk after using progesterone. milk should have i think 9mcg or 8mcg selenium per cup so a half gallon gives 64mcg or more
b6 is hard to get from foods, b3 is low in milk but it may have other unidentified factors providing more b3. like it has nicotinamide riboside, plus tryptophan
milk has 1mg zinc per cup.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals