Methods To Reduce Allergic Reaction From Foods?/diet Advice

Dr. B

Even RP is now talking more about coconut oil causing problems because of its allergenic components, even when it is refined.

This is why he compared coconut oil (from a seed) to olive oil (from a fruit).
yeah he mentioned its a nut and even refined oil can cause allergenic effects. him and Danny both prefer extra virgin olive oil in their carrot salad for taste and better digestion. I guess that means even cooking the coconut oil, in high temps doesnt get rid of the allergenic compounds?
also what about pasteurized coconut water? is it safe

Roni123@

Protocol would like something like this:

2g SAM-e/methionine
1g TMG
1x B-complex
1-2g calcium

Doesnt matter when you take it just keep in mind you may feel drowsy from the methyl donors if you take them during the day since they metabolize histamine and other neurotransmitters (via COMT) that are responsible for wakefulness. So you have to test to see if you have that problem. Try it for a few weeks and then stop for a week. See where you are at in regards to histamine problems. Basically you dont want to take too much that you end up with too low histamine but you need to reduce it enough that way your symptoms are significantly lessened.
hey Sol, i have rhinitis (sinusitis and basically no antibiotics solve my problems) could this be caused by histamine?

Cyproheptadine practically doesn't help me at all, not even getting me to sleep ( yes, cipro helped me to sleep, not anymore)

when I have a bad night's sleep, I have the impression that I have less nasal inflammation

Roni123@

Copper deficiency and lack of dietary retinol is a major cause of allergies in my opinion. Lack of copper leads to low level activity of the major histamine-degradation enzymes, leaving you with higher histamine levels and poor control of serum histamines when high histamine foods are consumed.

Beef liver, whole food vitamin C really help, but go low and slow.
I am recovering from the opposite condition now - overmethylation with low histamines. I had severe histamine intolerance in the past.
Liver help ?

amd

The key word is endosperm ..

"The term coconut refers to the fruit of the coconut palm, which consists of a fibrous husk (mesocarp) encasing a large seed or inner stone. The term coconut also is used to refer to the entire large seed with its covering of hard, green, fibrous endocarp, or to the edible, commercially important, white and fleshy part of the seed (the coconut "meat" or endosperm), which in turn surrounds the hollow, fluid-filled, central cavity. The hollow center is generously filled with a clouded yet translucent, flavored liquid (liquid endosperm) slightly thicker in consistency than water."

amd

What you get at the store is not fresh, not like buying the coconut at the beach.

Check your data, potassium amount is x10 that of phosphorus.

"'Rich in electrolytes, including calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, and potassium’: correct only for potassium. Only insignificant quantities of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Sodium varies, but is usually commendably low."

Dr. B

What you get at the store is not fresh, not like buying the coconut at the beach.

Check your data, potassium amount is x10 that of phosphorus.

"'Rich in electrolytes, including calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, and potassium’: correct only for potassium. Only insignificant quantities of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Sodium varies, but is usually commendably low."
Has Peat specifically mentioned fresh coconut water being better? ive been looking for his thoughts on coconut water but havent found anything.

im not sure what you mean about the potassium, the problem i found with the fresh coconut water is the phosphorus, especially relative to calcium.
here's the label for harmless harvest coconut water. this stuff is organic, fresh, has like a two week expiry date and is much pricier than other brands.

the 8oz serving has 162mg phosphorus and 46mg calcium. a 4:1 ratio.

here's costcos organic coconut water. this stuff is pasteurized, even has some vitamin C added, and has expiry dates of a year later, while being shelf stable, no refrigeration needed unlike harmless harvest.
its got almost twice the calcium of phosphorus. the potassium and other nutrients are similar. it seems if there is benefit to fresh coconut water, it has to be something beyond the electrolyte content since those remain in super pasteurized coconut water. maybe theres some beneficial enzymes in raw fresh coconut water. the calcium to phosphorus ratio is somehow much better in the pasteurized coconut water. i have heard that most coconut waters on the market are from older coconuts whereas harmless harvest uses only young coconuts which are pricier for coconut water. so im not sure if its the age of the coconuts or the pasteurization that is responsible for the difference in phosphorus content with harmless harvest vs other ones. but if you have a liter of their stuff you're already at 600mg+ phosphorus with only 160mg calcium.

the harmless harvest stuff definitely tastes better and has a much nuttier stronger flavor than the whole foods, costco, zico, vita coco etc. so i guess there is truth to the coconut water from younger coconuts being more flavorful or 'better'. but i dont get the harmless harvest stuff due to its phosphorus, its basically an indulgence due to both its phosphorus and price.

R.745652caa812ebe68fbff983391b0b57

Infinite

Protocol would like something like this:

2g SAM-e/methionine
1g TMG
1x B-complex
1-2g calcium

Doesnt matter when you take it just keep in mind you may feel drowsy from the methyl donors if you take them during the day since they metabolize histamine and other neurotransmitters (via COMT) that are responsible for wakefulness. So you have to test to see if you have that problem. Try it for a few weeks and then stop for a week. See where you are at in regards to histamine problems. Basically you dont want to take too much that you end up with too low histamine but you need to reduce it enough that way your symptoms are significantly lessened.

Would MSM work in place of SAM-e? It's a methyl donor.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals